Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 am
User ImageThe sun shone brightly down on the lands that day. He had to narrow his eyes as he looked up in order to see through the rays. It seemed like not that long ago, he had been romping around these lands under that very sun.

Imarogbe was feeling both anxious and giddy about leaving his home for the first time. Never in his life had he stepped foot outside the pride, although he had wandered near the edge a few times as he had gotten older. Standing there with his brothers made him realize that those times were further away than he’d remembered them being.

As a cub, time had been endless. The only worries that had plagued him was what the next adventure would be and generally occupying himself. Ima and his brothers had always been relatively the same size, having been born at the same time, so, he’d never really noticed how they had been growing.

Looking to each of his brothers, Ima finally said, “What do you think it’ll be like?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 am
User ImageA'asifa R'adiya looked up at the sun and huffed. Why couldn't he had left on a day of rain? He liked getting soaked more than he liked getting overly heated in the sun. Squinting and wrinkling his nose, the orange male shook himself and grinned as dust came from his pelt. Grunting, he looked to Imarogbe as he spoke and rolled his shoulders.

He'd been out of the pride only once. He'd been with grandpa Vu before he suddenly disappeared. So he knew what the unclaimed lands were like, and he wasn't that excited to be honest.

"I bet there's going to be tons of stupid hyenas and wild dogs. I bet there's gonna be fights breaking out over food, shelter and water. I don't see why we couldn't all go separately." To be honest, he was probably the only one of the five boys that thought like that. Stretching out his front paws, he dug his claws into the dirt at the edge of the pride and then sighed. "Should we just go?"

Feral Mule

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 am
User Image"Separate once we're out," Harith suggested from his spot behind his brothers, his backside flat against the ground. If they were going to just stand there and discuss it, he was going to at least sit down. Not that the adolescent really minded. He wasn't sure about the other four, but he wasn't too eager to make the trip across the border. He understood the need to bring back rogues. Didn't mean he was looking forward to it. If this could be dragged out with talking, he wouldn't be complaining.

Nor would he be complaining too much if his brothers and he did separate upon getting so far into the roguelands. Harith didn't like the idea of having them around while he tried to find a female for himself.

"Full of fights and chaos." That was the best way he, a lion inexperienced with what the roguelands really looked like, could say on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am
"Sounds like a plan," he said faintly in response to Harith's suggestion. The young lion couldn't imagine how he was going to find a banu with his brothers hanging around. Surely he would not so much as catch the eye of a lioness with them.

The time had come for him to leave them behind and find his own path. Listening to his brothers' words about the outside world, he shuddered a bit imagining an unforgiving and desolate land. Ima was realizing that he was about to find out whether or not the grandeur of his cubhood fantasies about the roguelands were true or not.

Looking to Rad he responded, "Hey, when's the next time we're going to see each other? Who knows how long we'll be out there." If there was nothing else Ima knew that, desolate or not, he would be taking his sweet time coming home.

This was his very first opportunity to go out into the world and come back a stonger, better lion. "I think it'll be great," he spoke with confidence. "I'm sure I'll last longer than you," he teased his brothers lightly.

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:17 pm
Rad looked to his other brother and rolled an eye. "I'll make it back here first, since I'm the oldest. I don't know about you two." The paler one of the brothers smirked and sighed, looking back at their pride again. He was nervous about leaving, like every son was at this age. His brothers were obviously nervous too, but he wasn't sure he wanted to separate, despite what he just said. He was mainly bitching to b***h. That was Rad. He did all kinds of things just for the hell of it.

"But our uncles came back, right? And our dad survived, so it can't be as hard as we think it is. It's a tradition. Go out, get girls, bring them home..." He smirked again and then sighed, looking around He would come back a stronger lion too. He knew he was good looking, he was just never interested in females well enough.

"Great? No. I think it's going to be awesome. That's better than great, by the way." He smirked at that and nodded again. Of course Rad acted like he knew it all.

"Let's go."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 pm
Harith rolled his eyes. Half at the cockiness of Rad. Half at the optimism that this was going to be a wonderful experience. He could still remember his father, so many months ago, telling him of how he had disliked his own quest. Harith appreciated the honesty of the older male, even if it wasn't making things any easier for him when the moment finally came.

There was no way the two-toned adolescent was going to pretend this would be the most fun he's ever had. Sometimes, during his rare expeditions away from the den, he had seen the roguelands in the distance. They didn't look any different than his pride's territory. But seeing it always filled his little heart and stomach with dread.

Despite his pessimistic feelings, however, he kept his mouth shut. Personally, Harith wouldn't be surprised if his brother's outdid him. Compared to them, he had the plainest coat. Though he wasn't the only one lacking the spirals of Ilyas, Sakhr did still have that pretty arrangement of spots around his paws.

"Since we must, I guess we may as well just go now," the male sighed, getting off his rump to join his brothers closer to the border.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:34 pm
Ima felt the onset of anxiety fluttering inside of him, but he knew that Rad was right. All of the fully established pads within the pride had gone through this quest at one time, including their own father and uncles. He knew that they would all most likely make it back successfully, he trusted in each of his brothers' strength and youthful drive to see them again when he came back home. This would be his ultimate test to determine if he too had was it took to become a respectable pad in their society like their father...like their grandfathers. Even the though the thought of family life intimidated Ima more than just a little, the thought of coming home meant even more to him.

Looking to his brothers he suggested after little thought, "Okay, how about we just leave together and separate once when can't see home anymore?" Ima figured that way, they could leave home together and still find their own paths once they were officially out of the pride's lands. He paused to see his brother's reactions before beginning the walk that would officially abandon any remaining notions of cubhood in his rapidly maturing mental state.

Ima at last turned and said his goodbyes to his parents and to various other family members that were gathered. The thought that this would be the last time he saw his family before he began his quest saddened him a bit. His family had always been around him and he didn't know what begin alone would be like. Nevertheless, he steadied himself and began to move forward.

Peppermint Coffee

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff