Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Music Posting Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 pm
I thought, seeing as we all like music, but there's only a video game one, why not make one of just plain music for the sake of love of music?

So basically, anything non-video game is welcome here. Feel free to post ANY form of music, I would love to hear what you guys like!

Finally, opposed to the whole "Rate" aspect, this is NOT a rating thread, this thread is just for posting and non-video game music you wish to share. Please comment on people's music though, if you're going to post music, then I would like for you to return the favour and listen to other people's songs as well, as who knows? Maybe you'll like the song!

Nocture in E Flat Major Op. 9 No. 2 By Frederic Chopin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:12 pm
Yes yes YES! This is perfect for me! I have so many things I want to link here!

Vesuvius by Frank Ticheli  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:31 pm
What an interesting piece, I absolutely loved the fortissimo parts. I remember when I was a little tyke in Grade 9 Honour Band, we did a song called Vesuvius, although I'm not sure if this was the on. I was a ragtag country kid and it was like the end of the world trying to play it. D;

Here's a personal favourite piece I played in my later years of Honour band that has stuck with me all this time:

English Folk Suite composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams

Keep in mind, I hail from a small country town where we had like quarter, or even eighth of a size of a full band size (when I graduated, we were a quartet, woot!), so joining an annual provincial band that actually played large scale songs like this were quite far in between my high school band career. -__-

Now I go to university in the behemoth of Montreal, and I actually had to FIGHT for my position in the band opposed to auto-accept to first flute! Playing second is generally better, less pressure!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 pm
Here is some Hispanic karaoke to get you through this Thursday night, DQ/WG.

Espiritu de Dios - Traditional Holy Music.  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:43 am
I'm gonna comment of these songs later when I have the brain to analyze them, but for now, I want to post one of my favorite opera pieces. Just to get some more people posting in here.
Prisoner's Chorus (O Welche Lust!)- From Beethoven's Fidelio

This is the piece that made me fall in love with the German language when the men of my community chorus performed it during my first semester. I was almost immediately enchanted by it. And the man that got the tenor solo.... He was just so amazing. He's been in and out of my chorus since then, but... Only once have I had the courage to tell him that his voice is absolutely beautiful.

From Wikipedia:
Leonore, hoping to find Florestan, asks Rocco to let the poor prisoners of war roam in the garden and enjoy the beautiful weather. Marzelline also begs him, and Rocco agrees to distract Pizarro while the prisoners are set free. The prisoners, overjoyed at their freedom, sing joyfully (O welche Lust ["O what a joy"]), but, remembering that they could be caught, are soon quiet.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:46 am
Heh... I was wondering when we'd get this up.

My collection of video game music is huge, but it still pales in comparison to the non-video game music.

While I wait for my 8+ minute song to load, I'll go ahead and commentate on Hassan's latest pick which... is still loading too. :<

Okay, it's loaded. The song's slow, but I've listened and liked slower songs. The chorus of aaaaaaaahs and ararararas help give that mystical feel to the song. It's not a bad song, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Anyway, here's something that came out just this year. I only found the album just recently, even though I'm a huge fan of this band.

On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater.

... Even though this is over eight minutes, this is actually one of their shorter pieces...  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:17 pm
One you two's videos finish loading, I will comment/edit this post, so do look out for that.

As for now, as a direct response of Roto's love of Germanic music, I present to you's all, the creepiest, most unsettling song that I have come across in my Music History course:

Pierrot Lunaire by Schoenburg

Although it has a French name, meaning "Moonstruck Pierrot" in English, it features a female opera singer, who doesn't really sing, rather makes odd talking like sounds in German. If there's any music enthusiasts out there, I highly encourage you too look at the score in the song and try to interpret what the hell is going on (first person to count how many accidentals in the piece wins forever respect from me!) I tried to play the first movement on the flute, and it didn't go well as all. D;

The song is based on an archaic French set of very odd poems my fortune, and most of it doesn't make sense at all, talking of "the wine which through the eyes we drink". However, apparently, it's supposed to be about a clown named Pierrot who gets drunk on moonshine, and goes crazy, then has a nightmare, and tries to run away from it.

EDIT: Make sure you wear headphones, or something, this song is very quiet and hard to hear at times. Upon a quick second glance at the score, there is a pppp dynamic just to give y'all an idea of how quiet this song's accompaniments are.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:56 am
Thy Hand Belinda/When I am Laid in the Earth- From Dido's Lament from the opera: Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell.

If I believed in funerals, I would definitely want this to be my dirge. However, me? I just want to be cremated and discarded without any ceremony or anything at all. Although I do see the cultural and religious significance of being buried nor do I have any troubles with it, I just don't want to burden my future kids with the financial and emotional burden of such a thing when they can just "remember me, but forget my fate".

All this discussion of insane drunken clowns and death is very unlike me, next song will be happy and not in a minor key, or anything from the weird expressionalism peroid, I promise! D;  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers