Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:23 pm
I found a 20 round box of these in .40 S&W for $18 plus tax at Cabela's a few days ago. A dollar a shot with the current price.

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

/edit

Photo of rounds, along with a couple of standard Hornady 165 grain hollowpoints for comparison. The standard hollowpoints are the ones without the green jell in the tips.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11590467@N03/6443911257/  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:03 pm
Floyd
I found a 20 round box of these in .40 S&W for $18 plus tax at Cabela's a few days ago. A dollar a shot with the current price.

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

That is freakin' awesome. You can haz Mudkipz.  

Rei Kuroniko

Hallowed Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:45 pm
For a novelty item that's kinda neat, but from a cheapass point of view it's ridiculous to pay almost a buck a round for ammo that normally goes for less than 40 cents a round. The only difference is the cool looking box and a little bit of green stuff in the tip.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
For a novelty item that's kinda neat, but from a cheapass point of view it's ridiculous to pay almost a buck a round for ammo that normally goes for less than 40 cents a round. The only difference is the cool looking box and a little bit of green stuff in the tip.

$1 a pop is average for good hollowpoints for .40 S&W. That's what I paid for the plain vanilla hollowpoints in the photo I added to my original post.

Federals and American Eagles are not much cheaper and their copper jackets are so soft, they'll jam on the feed ramp of some pistols.

It's true you can get good FMJs from Winchester for under .50 each, cheaper if you buy in bulk via mail or online catalogs. But it's hard to get anything other than 180 grain or 165 grain bullets in this caliber. Not cool for self defense while living the apartment life.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Floyd
Das Rabble Rouser

$1 a pop is average for good hollowpoints for .40 S&W. That's what I paid for the plain vanilla hollowpoints in the photo I added to my original post.

Federals and American Eagles are not much cheaper and their copper jackets are so soft, they'll jam on the feed ramp of some pistols.

It's true you can get good FMJs from Winchester for under .50 each, cheaper if you buy in bulk via mail or online catalogs. But it's hard to get anything other than 180 grain or 165 grain bullets in this caliber. Not cool for self defense while living the apartment life.
Well that's good to know.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff