The Day After Yesterday! Week 14 Thoughts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am
It's getting closer and closer to Christmas! And we are seeing which teams have been naughty and who have been nice!

1. Chiefs Fire Todd Haley- Our second Head Coach casualty has hit, and we still have three weeks of football remaining as the Chiefs fired Todd Haley after their 37-10 loss to the Jets yesterday. Haley led the Chiefs to an AFC West title last season, but is just 5-8 this season and currently last place in the West. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel will step in as their intern head coach the rest of the season. Haley follows Jack Del Rio's departure from Jacksonville, and many other head coaches find themselves on the hot seat moving forward.

2. Texans win the South, Saints in Playoffs- With a last second in over the Bengals and a Titans loss, the Houston Texans won their first AFC South title AND are going to the playoffs for the first time in Franchise history. The Texans also currently hold the tie breakers against the Ravens and Patriots making them currently the #1 seed in the South. The Saints also secured a playoff birth yesterday with a win over the Titans. All they need to wrap up the NFC South is a win and a Falcons loss next weekend. The Green Bay Packers also secured a first round bye. They can wrap up home field through the NFC playoffs with a win OR 49ers loss next week.

SHOUT OUT PLAYERS!!
Maurice Jones-Drew (RB Jacksonville Jaguars)- His yards production was good, nothing great though at 85 rushing yards on 27 carries and6 receptions for 51 more. But his 4 Touchdowns are grand! He can now officially join the Al Bundy 4 Touchdowns in a single game club.

Eli Manning (QB New York Giants)- I'm not a big fan of Eli, but I have to give the guy his props. After the Giants lost 4 straight games the Giants are once again on top of the NFC East with a huge win against the Cowboys where Eli threw for 400 yards and two TD in a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:46 pm
And in a follow up to Todd Haley getting fired, The Miami Dolphins fired head Coach Tony Sparano earlier today as well. After winning 4 out of 5 games following a 7 game loosing streak, their loss to the Eagles on Sunday ensured the Dolphins would have their third straight loosing season. Sparano has become third head coach to loose his job this season, the second one today.  

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 pm
How about that Cowboys/Giants game?! There have been some EPIC Sunday Night games (Monday Night Football, you need to catch up!), but last night's game was truly one for the ages! Any game that can put me on the edge of my seat is worth mentioning and that is...
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTAAAAAAAAAAABUUUUUUULOUSSSSSS!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:07 pm
Silver Ace Revolver
How about that Cowboys/Giants game?! There have been some EPIC Sunday Night games (Monday Night Football, you need to catch up!), but last night's game was truly one for the ages! Any game that can put me on the edge of my seat is worth mentioning and that is...

It was a great game. Divisional rivals, come from behind victories, Iconic teams, 400 yard passers, Arguably the best game of the weekend.  

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 pm
Locks and Bagels
Silver Ace Revolver

It was a great game. Divisional rivals, come from behind victories, Iconic teams, 400 yard passers, Arguably the best game of the weekend.

I think it was the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:26 pm
Wow... the Cheifs front office is stupid.

Somehow it's Haley's fault that their starting QB, RB, SS, TE are all on IR?

Just A Black Cat

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff