Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Firearms....Anyone use them beside me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:38 pm
Salutations! Since this is the chatter box forum I decided to start a thread with a curiosity about firearms and if anyone else uses them smile

I'm a pretty dedicated shooter myself and I just can't seem to find any shooters around my own age to talk with.

anyone out there? lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:41 am
I do. Mostly for pest control - animal activists hate me, but farmers love me.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:36 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
I do. Mostly for pest control - animal activists hate me, but farmers love me.

nice. I don't hunt I just target shoot  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:10 am
Riflery was my sport in high school. My husband and I don't currently own any guns besides a little bb gun, but we have talked about getting one. He is amusingly annoyed that I am a better shot than he is (he feels his Navy experience should put him over the edge)  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 am
Every once in a while, I go to the shooting range with my mother or uncle.

I'm not a big fan of guns, or violence. I believe everyone should know how to use a gun, but no one should ever have to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 am
We've a M4 and a Glock 35.

I'm pretty good with the glock. Only pistol I've ever shot, and I've only been shooting 3 times.. so I imagine my 7 inch shot group is pretty good. XD

He's really good with the M4, but he was in the military. I personally can't see through the sight unless I hold it left handed (right eye's my bad eye), but it has a laser!

Those are for home defense. No hunting guns yet. But I would like to get a BB gun, so we could shoot targets at home and the ammo's much cheaper... I have no clue what kind of gun we'll get for hunting, but I'd personally prefer to strike something down with a bow.. So I'd have to get an archery set first. XD  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Vlad T

Dapper Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 am
I want to get one, but Im a kinda concerned my significant other isn't mentally stable enough to be in a house with one. It would be for protection against robbers and coyotes, but I'm just really afraid there might be an 'accident'. (the intentional kind)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 pm
Vlad T
I want to get one, but Im a kinda concerned my significant other isn't mentally stable enough to be in a house with one. It would be for protection against robbers and coyotes, but I'm just really afraid there might be an 'accident'. (the intentional kind)
well thats something you have to gauge yourself. no one is forcing you to own or handle a firearm. its your right to not use one as well lol. HOWEVER it might also be a good idea to take a safety course through the NRA that way you get to see what its like and learn safety tips etc etc etc. and then be able to make your own decision on whether you want to purchase one for yourself or not.  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 am
I plan to purchase guns eventually, but not right now. I'm a Job Corps student, and the center does not allow weapons. I may be living on university housing afterwords, so I may not be able to own a gun for many years.

Personally, I want black powder weapons out of a historical fascination with the things.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games