Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 pm

User Image

The female was born with grace, with poise and with confidence, that she knew. The other skills like learning, paying attention, and staying still. The things that normal cubs were not prone to doing at her age. Her mother had rose up to council and it was now her turn to start training- after she danced of course. Her head peeked out of the den- black ears propped up as she looked about in wonderment. The darkness of the tunnels underground were so easy to navigate now, it became second nature, and with new cubs arriving she had to find out who they were. Slipping away from her protective hoard... Mother, whom was said to be taking most of all the cubs underground because 'outside' world seemed too dangerous. Cubs were now trained in the caves before ever leaving to the surface.. Especially at night.

She navigated up through the tunnels, and headed towards 'her' den. An empty space that she made her own to practicing her dancing. Mommy used to dance, from the stories she's heard. She wanted to be just like her, and even uncle Ajani! Both were excellent dancers- and before Ajani came back down to the tunnels- she wanted to at least show SOMETHING new! Her body was delicate looking, like any cub. As she propped on a rock, she waited and zoned before she leaped in the air, twirled, and landed sorta awkwardly with her back legs stretched to either side and her front legs crossed. "Epp!" Then fell straight over. "Upph~" See, she was born with poise, and grace- walking. Not dancing- yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 am
User ImageObayana quietly sat at the back corner of the cave as he listened to one of their caretakers speak. Once more, they were learning something or other about the pride and how they could become useful to it.

The cub was only half listening, and diverted much of his attention to his siblings and some of the other fidgeting cubs. Not wanting to draw attention to himself, he slowly and quietly exhaled a sigh of boredom.

When it seemed like the adult in front of them was never going to stop talking, she did, and finally released them. He spent some time playing with his brothers and sisters until he grew bored of that as well.

Thinking of something that he could get into, he gradually separated himself from his only family left and began to wander into the caves. Obayana had been walking for a bit when he stopped abruptly at a sound that he heard.

A little nervous, he stalked up to the mouth a one of the caves and cautiously peeked in. Surprised at the sight of a slightly rumbled cub, he stood fully at the front so as not to startle her.

"Hi....uh, what are you doing?"

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 am

She lifted her body, her shoulder hunches rose to the occasion as she heard a crack or two in testament of her dance. "I was trying to~" She turned her face to believe it was one of her brothers or one of the older cubs she'd met but oh and behold.. A new cheetah cub. She tilted her small head, then leaned it in to the next.. Ears twitching every now and again. "I was going to do a back twist and land on a swirl top but I couldn't land it." Saying it with a 'matter of fact' sorta tone. "And what are you doing~ spying on me perhaps? Good traits if you ask me~" She smiled and slowly walked over to him with her tail high in the air and rather outgoing than the normal cubs.

"What's your name~ I'm Abila, daughter of Sir Ny and lady Tabia~"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:18 am
"A what?," he said incredulously in response to her. He had never met anyone that did anything like what she was doing before. If anything, he himself had done some pretty impressive summer saults in his continuous failed attempts to rough house with his sisters and brothers.

"I wasn't spying," he said quickly, a little anxious, "I got bored sitting around, and I've never....looked around here I guess." Obayana didn't know who this girl was, but she was acting like she was important. So, not wanting to get into any kind of trouble, he simply decided that he'd be safe tip-toeing himself out of any potentially hazardous situations.

Nevertheless, curious, he replied, "My name is Obayana. I.....I think I've met your father. He's the head merchant right?"

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:03 pm

"A dance?" Tilting her head to the other side- wondering if this cub ever danced before. Or knew about entertainers? "What entertainers do silly. They dance, sing, and other things that I.. can't remember. They do a lot of stuff though!" Nodding her head happily, to educate such a cub as himself. A newbie in her eyes. It was her duty to educate!

"Not spying?!" She gasped, she was wrong? This was hard to admit but she bowed her head. "If you aren't spying- then... what are you training to be?" Taking a few steps closer to him, and even getting as close to his nose. Showing her golden eyes through her black scleras.. Which made her look beautifully impish... "Has anyone taught you anything yet?" Then she heard her father's title and she puffed out her chest and looked like she was pretending to be shy, putting her head on her shoulder as she looked at him, batting her lashes. "Yes, my father is the Head Merchant, and mother is the only and first Council woman."

Preening a smile at him, "And your parents are?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm
"Oh, I think I know what entertainers are." He had an idea of what she was talking about. Obayana remebered that Mister Ajani was an entertainer, and that he basically did the things that she spoke of. "Are you going to be an entertainer? Is that why you're dancing?" he asked curiously. He guessed that if you wanted to become and entertainer, then it would make sense to practice the things that they did.

Upon Abila coming close to him, he took a step back in surprise. "Well, I think I'm going to be a merchant," the sentence burned on his tongue slightly, reminding him of his assimilation into this pride. Sometimes, he wondered when it happened. Well, it wasn't so bad here with his brothers and sisters around, so that made it easier for him to adjust. "I suppose, I'm training to be a merchant," he said more strongly, "but no, nobody's taught me how to be one."

Obayana laughed a little at Abila's antics. His smile fell a bit at her question though, "My mother is Leenah-Sesi," he spoke fondly, and then said with distain, "my father is Dhavlen, they live in the they live on the outside......Me and my brothers and sisters were taken from our mother and brought here."

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 am
Boudaihobbit
[ Tag ! ]
Sorry for the delay ;3;

Yes! He did know what she was! Her tail couldn't practically stay still as it paced happily when she knew it was working.. his eyes were on her. See! She could do this! She even made him laugh! Score 1! "Mister Ajani! He is my teacher! My momma taught him everything he knows!~! I hasn't seens him in a while.." Sticking out her lips and thinking with a rather foolish look before looking back to him. "A Merchant~ Pappa will have to show you~ He is the Head after all." Nodding repeatedly with intent on showing how she loved what her parents did. What they have become, she was a royal after all because of them. But even royals started from the bottom up... Everyone pushes to become better, and she was ready for the challenge.

Grooming herself and making her paw brush her furred cheeks a bit. She wasn't as stuck up as most royal cubs, she just wanted to be pretty.. The prettier, the better her clients she will have.. Everyone will come to see her beauty. "Leenah-Sesi?" She stopped in her tracks and retracted her paw from her face.. Both names she had not heard before, this- this means... "Poor thing~!" She threw herself upon him and hugged him tight. Petting his head and face. "Your brothers and sisters~ I'm so sorry.. " The idea of being taken away from her parents was... unheard of but she had heard of entertainer trades.. It was a scary thought to leave the pride she called home. "It's safe here~! Promise. You can come find me if your ever scared. Or just want to talk to someone... My daddy and mommy can take you in... and.. and.. maybe we can even practice together. The faster we learn the quicker it is to go up. That's what I heard." Giving him a gentle smile.

"We can even spy on mommy and daddy.." She giggled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:20 pm
Obayana listened with interest as Abila spoke of Ajani. He still didn't know anyone here aside from his siblings, so he liked to learn what he could about the people here. One thing he was learning was that the girl in front of him was important if her demeanor said anything. He knew that her parents were high ranking cheetahs, but he didn't completely understand what that meant in the dynamics of this pride.

Ever since they had been brought here, no one seemed to care that they had been cubnapped away from their mother. They had been given a brief introduction to the pride before being thrown into training with all of the other cubs. So he was taken aback when he found that Abila had attached herself to him and was telling him that she would listen to him. Lowering his head a bit, he have her a small smile and said,"Thank you." He too laughed a little at the thought of spying on the two high ranking adults. "Won't we get in trouble?" he asked with amusement in his voice.

Chi Sohma

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 pm
Boudaihobbit
[ Tag ! ]
Sorry for the delay ;3;

"Mommy and daddy secretly allow it. They say you shouldn't- but you should. Yep. But you have to be very quiet and you have to pay attention to EVERYONE around you. Don't let anyone see you." Preening with a huge smile on her face, Coming up to him and bumping her hip against him, in her mind- they were friends now. Friends for them, were connections. "Your gunna be my BEST connection, I can FEEL it." Nodding. Everything was right in the pride for her, especially conditioned for the pride as their parents put it. Father sometimes didn't like to speak too much of Lady Nyoka.. But he put loyalties within her anyhow.

Like she will do for Nyoka, for the pride..

Like she will teach her new connection.. friend. "My pleasure... ~" She leaned in to his and softly brushed her cheek against his too.. "Here its about who you know. Mum told me that, and you have to see and hear everything- as much as possible.. but be sneaky.. We get treats for it ~ if we're really good~Come on!" As she darted away from him with a light playful shove.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 pm
Obayana cocked his head to the side, a bit confused. Something that was okay to do, but not okay to do at the same time? The things that he was hearing from those around him really made his wonder at the nature of this pride.

Where exactly had they been brought and exactly for what purpose? Obviously they were all being trained for something, right? Initially he believed that once his caretakers understood that he was an incapable fighter they would give up on him. However that had not been the case, they continued to train him and attempted force something out of him.

As the cub thought about Abila's words, he thought that he would be very good at spying. He was small and he could easily tuck himself away somewhere to quietly observe his surroundings. He was a good listener and had an even better memory. Quite frankly, spying on the adults sound like a lot more fun than listening to the adults drone on.

"Connection?," he said remembering what the caretakers had said about building connections with others being beneficial to them. To Obayana, there wasn't really much meaning to the word beyond making a new friend. So, he nodded his head back to her, "Okay, we can be connections, and I can be sneaky!"

Obayana ran after her laughing softly thinking that maybe there were more aspects to this pride than he had thought. With his new friend Abila, maybe he could learn how to live here.

Chi Sohma
Done! Sorry I disappeared, but I is back now

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items