Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Must Reads, Business and Un-Fun Things :.
Do You Like Skip Beat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skip Beat Manga/Anime
  I Like It! (Can you till me why?)
  I Love It! (Can you till me why?)
  I Don't Like It...(Can you till me why?)
  I Hate It! (Can you till me why?)
  GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!( O_o )
View Results

ChemicalPunk2

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:23 pm
Do You Like The Manga/Anime Skip Beat? cat_cool
And why do you like or not like it? cat_question
I love it! it's one of my fav. emotion_bigheart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 pm
I always see it in the library. But it seems interesting, what's it about? ^u^  

astroknots

Friend

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 pm
I haven't read any of the manga, but I did watch the anime on Crunchyroll and mostly enjoyed it. The anime just ended when things were starting to happen and I'm already getting so many other manga that I haven't gotten in to it yet (it's a lot longer than other shojo series). But I do plan to get the 3-in-1 editions coming out soon! So hopefully I'll love it as much as others I know do, because like I said, I did enjoy the anime, just never got around to reading the manga to see what happens next. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:25 pm
SunnyClouds123

You should check it out cat_cool
Here Is The info From MangaFox.com on it:
Kyouko Mogami lived solely for her childhood friend Shoutaro "Shou" Fuwa. She follows Shou to Tokyo so that he may realize his dream of becoming a famous singer. When his dream is realized, Kyouko overhears the truth behind his decision to bringing her with him: he was using her as a maid.

Shocked and enraged, Kyouko swears to take revenge by outdoing him in show business. With a new look and a new attitude, she joins LME, the agency where Ren Tsuruga (Shou's rival and the #1 actor of LME) works, in the hopes of achieving her goal of destroying Shou's pride.

Along the way, she discovers her true self, makes new friends (and enemies), and finds herself at the heart of some interesting situations that will change her life, and the lives of all others involved, forever.

If you get it from the library most of the time they only have up to Vol.22,
MangaFox.com has it up to Vol.30.
I Plan on buying all the Volumes 3nodding , well one at a time sweatdrop .  

ChemicalPunk2

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Voter 100

ChemicalPunk2

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm
kel aka gandy
I haven't read any of the manga, but I did watch the anime on Crunchyroll and mostly enjoyed it. The anime just ended when things were starting to happen and I'm already getting so many other manga that I haven't gotten in to it yet (it's a lot longer than other shojo series). But I do plan to get the 3-in-1 editions coming out soon! So hopefully I'll love it as much as others I know do, because like I said, I did enjoy the anime, just never got around to reading the manga to see what happens next. :]

The Anime Is good but i have only seen 5 episodes so far cat_cry ,
i have to keep pausing it because it's sub not dub cat_stare

But The Manga Is A must read emotion_bigheart
You should check it out sometime i'm sure you will like it cat_biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm
ChemicalPunk2
SunnyClouds123

Kyouko Mogami lived solely for her childhood friend Shoutaro "Shou" Fuwa. She follows Shou to Tokyo so that he may realize his dream of becoming a famous singer. When his dream is realized, Kyouko overhears the truth behind his decision to bringing her with him: he was using her as a maid.

Shocked and enraged, Kyouko swears to take revenge by outdoing him in show business. With a new look and a new attitude, she joins LME, the agency where Ren Tsuruga (Shou's rival and the #1 actor of LME) works, in the hopes of achieving her goal of destroying Shou's pride.

Along the way, she discovers her true self, makes new friends (and enemies), and finds herself at the heart of some interesting situations that will change her life, and the lives of all others involved, forever.

Wow that actually sounds really good. I'll look for it and get it next time I go to the library and then read the ones they don't have online :3  

astroknots

Friend

ChemicalPunk2

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm
SunnyClouds123
ChemicalPunk2
SunnyClouds123

Wow that actually sounds really good. I'll look for it and get it next time I go to the library and then read the ones they don't have online :3

Cool! cat_cool
and please let me know if you like it when your done cat_biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm
I love it! I found it online about the time when I started watching the anime. And I've already re-read it few times. Now I'm planning to purchase the 3-in-1 editions (I hope there'll be more than 3 volumes, but seeing that Bleach, Naruto, FMA had only 3 vols of 3-in-1 edition, I don't think we'll be seeing it. sad ). Unfortunately, in my country one can't find much english books - having something like manga in a local library... that won't happen even after I die.

The first thing to notice is it's comedy, I guess.
Then, it's great how the main characters keep on evolving and the story changes it focus and introduces new characters each time Kyoko acts in a new drama.
The emotions of the main characters are well drawn out and you can easily see even the subtle changes in characters' hearts. The setting is very natural and the mangaka didn't forget about everyday things a human does.
Nakamura portayed the normal human behaviour very well.

The art is -well, it gets better and better, but the style is kept: the characters are all very 'long' - they have long lengs and arms, sometimes the faces of characters look the same when you hide their hair...
I guess that's the - (minus) I give it: that the characters are all drawn the same way (the same long faces with shiny eyes) and the clothes are ... uh, I guess ... they all fall the same way and it makes it look like it's all made of the same material (Nakamura should study the clothes'n'style magazines some more. ;(ˇ_ˇ) )

Conclusion: It's a series that a shoujo manga lover should have on their shelf.

One can't find often a series, with a rare theme like biz world and actors, this well written.

It really makes me want to see the dramas (and etc.) Kyoko acted in (Dark Moon, Box R; Sho's PV, Kyurara CM and others...) (^_^)  

non8noninfinite

1,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

pinkmango00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm
BEST MANGA EVER!! whee heart

Kyoko is the best! Even though I am in no way a spaz in real life, I find her so relatable in how she's always reaching for her dreams and overcoming obstacles. She dreams bigs, is fun to laugh at, and has the greatest personality ever. Plus the romance of the story is quite the nail biter! xd

READ SKIP BEAT. The manga is the best way to get to know the story.  
.: Must Reads, Business and Un-Fun Things :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games