Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fresh from bringing back a meal to share with those that were too busy with other duties to hunt, Kahawia wandered down to the lake that the West laid claims to, ready to wash off the blood. There wasn't much, none of it being his, and his brown coat and black toes hid the worse of the stuff. It never dried very well, however, and he did want to keep himself clean. Probably a side effect of having a nanny as a mother.

Nibbling on a bit of grass out of habit, he shook water out of his paw, feeling refreshed and mildly clean. If he had the time, he'd go check in on his mother and see how she was doing. His other three siblings were around, but he still felt it was good to make sure that his mother was doing ok. Especially with no cubs around at the moment to keep her busy.

He tried to hum a bit of a tune, but he wasn't very good at it. Still, it kept him happy as he gathered himself up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 am
User Image

Nyayo was having a pretty good day. She was having fun wandering around the pride, seeing who might want a bit of distracting or someone to listen to them.. and, of course, checking in with her brother. He seemed to be cheering up, though the lioness was oblivious to the possibility of projecting her own good mood on to him. He hadn't snapped yet, that would have been one of few ways she'd notice.

She was headed for the lake to see what trouble she might stir up there, completely prepared to run into someone- it was a good meeting place. It wasn't hard to spot Kahawia- and Nyayo recognized him, though she wasn't sure they'd ever been properly introduced. It quickly became apparent he wasn't aware of her approach so she slowed down a bit- and then she heard him hum.

"Nice song," she said brightly as she got close enough to be heard. She would have preferred to join in or continue but it didn't seem to be a specific tune, just something while he was busy.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am
He hadn't quite realized that someone had been there (too caught up in thinking about his family) until she had said something. He jumped a bit, spooked and feeling foolish at the same time. At least they were deep enough into the House's lands to know that she was a member. And with his red eyes taking more than just a glance at her coat, he confirmed in his mind that he recognized her. He had never been terribly social outside of his own family, but being an adult and needing to hunt in groups at times forced him to be more social than he had been when he was younger.

"Thanks, I guess," he said, feeling a bit shamed still. "I'm not very good, but it helps to break the monotony of life sometimes."

Crap. He couldn't remember her name. Well, best way to get something was to offer up yours first. "I'm Yuang Wang," he said softly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 am
Biting back a laugh, she kept on smiling despite his embarrassment over being caught humming. If anybody was going to catch you, Nyayo figured it would be best if it was a bard! But then, perhaps not- they told all the stories. Luckily, she wasn't much of a gossip. Most of her stories were told with permission. Most of them.

"No need to look so embarrassed," she said brightly, "I think it's lovely."

She paused when he introduced himself, not even thinking twice about it before introducing herself in return, "I'm Li Biyu, it's nice to meet you."  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 am
"I'm probably tone-deaf," he said with a bit of clarity. At least, what he hoped would explain why he was embarrassed. Especially since he was fairly certain that she was one of the few bards in their House.

"Were you coming to the lake for any reason other than to drink?" He knew it was one of the few more relaxed social areas of the pride. Near where the Lord and Lady (and their children) resided, everything was much more strict and rigid. He only went there when it was required, and that wasn't very often.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 am
"That's no reason not to sing," Nyayo said firmly, always smiling and clearly not going to drop it. It would take more of a fight to make her see it any other way. The West House was about creativity and the songs and stories were what her job was all about.

"I came here to socialize," she said, looking at him more thoughtfully now. It wasn't a strange question but the wording was almost accusing, though harmless.

"I probably come here at least as much to socialize as I do to drink," she added, smiling again, "Is a drink all you were here for?"  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am
"Ah..." He was a bit flustered, since....wasn't being tone-deaf a good reason to not sing? Otherwise he'd get things thrown at him, or chased out! Bards that could sing properly were wanted, and honestly? He was ok with that. He just liked a little humming here and there to keep his mind more open and relazed.

"Washed up after bringing in a meal," he said with a nod. "I was going to check in on my mother after. Being a nanny with no cubs around has to be a bit dull."

His tail twitched, since...if she came here to socialize, well, she was doing it right now!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 pm
Now she couldn't help but laugh as he tried to deal with her remark about singing. He was obviously self-conscious, that would make it harder to enjoy yourself.. but it made this more entertaining for Nyayo herself.

"I would imagine it is quite dull," she agreed when he mentioned his mother, immediately able to figure out who he was talking about, "Cubs would make my job a little more exciting but it's not my whole job."

There was a short pause before she went on.

"I suppose I shouldn't keep you, then," she said, offering him a way out of chatting with her. It was adorable, watching him struggle to argue about music with her but if he was uncomfortable and had other plans.. she was better off not forcing it.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm
Kahawia felt a little bad about seemingly dismissing her. "Well, I'm sure she's fine," he said a bit shyly. "I just figured she'd be a bit lonely, and I've already done half of my work for the day." He'd probably go out hunting again before dusk, for whoever was getting off guard duty (probably his brother!).

"Do you enjoy telling stories?" It....was a stupid question, but there really wasn't a time he ran into a bard like this. It was something he wondered, since he was so unsure of himself that he had settled into a hunter's position, even though he could have done other things within the House.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:34 pm
Nyayo smiled, though feeling her own guilt about keeping him there when he hadn't intended to stay. But! It wasn't like she hadn't given him a choice- it was a courtesy she didn't always think to offer, she liked to talk.

"If you're sure," she said, then nodding enthusiastically to his question, "Of course! Did you want to hear one? Or did you have one for me? I like to hear new stories, too!"  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm
"Oh, um, sure! I don't really...have any new stories to share. I just hunt, and that's about...it." His life was pretty boring. Perhaps Pindua would have more, being a guard and all he might run into rogues more than Kahawia ever would.

"Do you father stories from anyone you can?" There he was, asking questions again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:48 pm
Beaming, having not really expected him to be interested in hearing a story after their awkward little exchange about his humming, she walked a couple steps around him, almost bouncing.

"From anyone who is willing to share, of course," she said, continuing past him to stand nearer the water's edge. It was a more comfortable storytelling angle, feeling like you could see anybody who might approach.

"Get comfortable," she said, her voice rising as she began, "I've got a good one for you."  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Kahawia settled in, as he was about to get his own one-on-one story from a bard. It was a bit exciting, and so he was ready to give all his attention to Li Biyu. Now he'd have a good conversation piece when he went to see his mother, only once the bard was done with her story!

-Fade/End-  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff