Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] What Does One Say At Moments Like These? (Namir&Ilyas)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 pm
User Image

She told him to get out so he got out. Who knew pregnancy made females so touchy? Namir asked himself as he wandered away from the den. But to be fair I was being a bit of a nag. Even when talking to himself he had to be honest. Namir knew he was being way to over protective of his beybanu, he knew that cub birth was quite natural, he knew that Farrah was in excellent heath, and he knew that she should be fine but he couldn't help but think back just a few months to his mother's death.

Tsubame was still fairly young, in good heath, was resting plenty, eating plenty but still she died. And Namir could do nothing to prevent it from happening. Logically he knew, at least now, that all the training in the would could not have prevented the tragic outcome.

He truly feared the past repeating itself.

Namir believed that was the only reason Farrah hadn't killed him yet, figuratively speaking that is... he hoped, ... she saw much his mom's death hurt him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 am
Tsubame's death had actually come as a surprise to most of the pride. Ilyas had not been unduly upset by it, since he was not closely related to her and had not known her well, but it still gave him pause when he covered Elsa or Afsar. Of course the possibility of death in childbirth had always been there, but by and large the pride's lionesses tended to pull through them, and there had been no reason Ilyas knew of that Tsubame should have died in this particular birth.

From his friends among the other pads Ilyas knew that a number of banu and beybanu had found Tsubame's death to be more than just a tragedy, but a wake-up call, and were also considering more carefully whether they wanted to rush into bearing cubs. For some males in Ilyas' acquaintance, the more brutish of the lot, this was a real problem and had actually resulted in less compassion for their banu than usual. Ilyas disapproved, but could not rightly say anything.

Just the same, he did worry about his favorite sister, who was in a gravid state at present. It would allay some of his concerns, he felt, if he could visit her and reassure himself that he would not be losing her to childbirth. Because, really, if anything happened to Farrah as a result of her pregnancy, Ilyas would have no choice but to kill that pad of hers.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:37 am
Namir was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he very nearly ran into another pride member. At the last second Namir glanced up and veered away from the dark gray form in front of him. A apology was mumbled as he started back on his aimless walking.

He paused just a moment later. The figure caught his attention again. "Ilyas?" Namir shook his head quickly to bring his mind back to the present. The dark gray pad was still not overly fond of him so impoliteness would not be advisable so he greeted the other pad properly. "Good afternoon Pad llyas. I hope all is well with your family."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 am
"Good afternoon," Ilyas greeted his sister's pad. "All is well enough with my family. The boys have left to seek their banu outside the pride, so the den feels empty."

He and his banu had already come to offer his condolences on Namir's loss, but at this point it would only be appropriate to reiterate them, having been tactless enough to mention an empty-seeming den. His boys would come back and give him even more reason to be proud of them. Tsubame would never return.

"I hope you are managing well in the wake of your personal tragedy," he said formally. "It was a loss for all the pride."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm
Namir smiled. It was not as bright as it should have been nor did it reach his eyes. The thought of a empty den did not bring happy memories to the blue pad, at least not at that moment. "I'm managing as best as can be expected. Mother will be missed sorely." Few knew about the guilt that still sat heavily on Namir's shoulders. Logically he knew there was little he could have done to help Tsubame but still he felt as if there was something, anything, he could have done to save her.

"Well anyway I was hoping to run into you Ilyas," He pulled his mind away from his guilt and focused on the idea that popped into his mind when first realized it was Ilyas. "I wanted to ask you a favor if I may."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 am
Ilyas' ears twitched with curiosity at what favor Namir could possibly wish to ask of him. The other pad had been managing his harem quite well, as far as Ilyas knew, and he did not know in what way he could help there. Truth be told, even if Namir wished Ilyas to intercede with his father or uncle for some reason, it was unlikely Ilyas would be able to exert much sway over either of them.

"You may certainly ask," Ilyas said. "It would be a hard thing if I were to deny you, the pad of my favorite sister, the small courtesy of hearing your request."

He settled back onto his haunches so that he would not need to hold this conversation standing. The blue-eyed pad waited then to hear what his sister's pad would ask of him. If it was something asked on Farrah's behalf, Ilyas would certainly grant it if doing so lay within his power, but despite the sadness that hung about the other pad, Ilyas could not help a churlish resentment at the manner by which Farrah and Namir had come to be mates. It had not been properly done, and he still felt betrayed when he thought of it.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am
Namir waited politely as Ilyas sat. Internally he heaved a sigh of relief. Even though they were now technically brothers Namir knew that Ilyas was still quite ticked with him and Farrah. Himself mainly because Ilyas loved his sister enough to get over her enrollment fairly quickly. It wasn't like Namir could blame the other pad for his annoyance, after all he and Farrah went behind Ilyas' back first and then talked to her brother about officially becoming Pad and Beybanu... not that anything really happened first, just an agreement that Namir had to talk to Ilyas.... and a push in the lake when Namir hadn't talked to Farrah once he got back to the pride.

Unable to settle Namir shifted from paw to paw. "It really is not that big of a request but I would appreciate if you would spend time with Farrah today." Shifting from paw to paw was just not cutting it so he began to pace a short distance way and back. "I have been a bit, well over protective lately and Farrah is becoming..." Frustrated? Annoyed? Will possibly push him in the lake again? "tired of my 'hovering' as she refers to it. Although she hasn't really asked I know she wants me to give her space, lots of space..." He trailed off as his paws stopped and he stared off into the distance. His mother also got tired of the badgering she got and always went off to be by herself, could that had been what caused her death?

Namir violently shook his head to rid the thoughts from it. As his main settled back into place he began to pace again as well as continuing his request. "I wish to accommodate her in this sense but I still feel ill at ease with leaving her alone since Rana, my banu, is normally out hunting." He stopped and faced Ilyas. "I would appreciate it if you would be kind enough to spend time with Farrah so I am able to give her space but she still has someone there if she needs help."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:46 am
Ilyas grinned, his ears forward and delighted. Having an excuse to visit Farrah was certainly no hardship for him, and it showed.

"That won't be a problem at all. I'm always pleased to see my sister." He didn't add that he'd been trying to give the couple space to settle in as a family, or that he'd sort of been avoiding Namir. That really didn't need to be said.

He wondered what was going on that Namir didn't want to be with her though. There had better not be anything seriously wrong there. Ilyas would become very grumpy if that was the case. But if all it was was hovering, well, Ilyas supposed that was okay.

"Do you think I'll be any more welcome? She's likely just to accuse me of hovering, too." And Farrah would feel more than comfortable enough with him to do the equivalent of pushing him into the lake. Not that he knew about that episode, but he knew his sister.

"Well, I'll do my best. Would it bother you if I took her for a walk or something?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:34 am
Namir's smile echoed Ilyas' but in more of a relived way. He was fairly certain that the other lion would readily agree to his request but it was still nice to have official confirmation of that thought.

"I know Farrah would adore you coming to visit. I would have asked her out right if she wanted to visit you but between... well." He trailed off thinking about his mother and the aftermath. The scramble to find the cubs a wet nurse, his father leaving once the cubs were weaned and taking the cubs with him, and Namir dealing with everyone left behind. Not to mention the surprise of Farrah becoming pregnant. Things had just gotten busy and Namir had lost the chance to ask Farrah.

Ilyas' question drew Namir's attention away from his darkening thought once more. He thought a moment and nodded saying, "a walk or something not very strenuous should do no harm. I've done the same with her when the time permits. Personally, I don't even think a walk alone would be a problem with her, I just dislike the idea for my own reasons." His smile was one part sheepishness and one part sadness. Namir knew quite well that his fear was irrational but still he couldn't help but worry.

"Thank you Ilyas." He could now search for needed healing plants and go on his border patrol shift without worrying. Ilyas would care for his sister just as well as Namir could, of that he was certain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am
"I understand. And besides, it's not as if you really want her wandering around the pride on her own in her present condition," Ilyas said. It didn't strike him as being quite proper for very pregnant banu to be seen outside their dens. Perhaps he wouldn't take her for a walk. Though he wouldn't tell her why that would not be an item on their agenda. That would surely get him whacked.

Ilyas smiled warmly at Namir, guessing a little at what must be bothering the other pad. "She'll be fine, you know. Our family has large litters all the time, and comes through them without any trouble. No doubt you'll soon have a den full of young pesars to keep your paws full."

To go into further detail struck Ilyas as indelicate, and so he would not. Instead he nodded in response to Namir's thanks and wished him a good day, promising, "I will stop by to see her later on today."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces