Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:04 am
User Image

Finally being home felt almost unreal for Chemankari, who'd once been known as Jipya: daughter of Mama Asali, the former Queen who'd returned from the dead as a goddess. She'd once let this define, in both good and bad ways. It was, by its very nature, something she could never actually aspire to, live up to. It was good to strive, but not to strive for something completely unachievable. She could never, would never, be her mother, and that was okay. That was what she had finally learned, out in the world and away from others who knew her or her family. She was who she was, and as simple as it seemed now, there was a time when it hadn't been obvious to her.

The morning after her return, Chem was slow to wake, but once she had, she stretched and set out to explore the home she'd so missed. Nowhere would ever be as wonderful as here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm
    Tibua glanced back to his companion with a slow smile, head tilting as she seemed to hesitate in continuing forward. They'd finally made it to their destination; the swamps! They'd heard in passing from a number of rogues of the dark, damp lands that a pride of lions had occupied and it had struck both his and Fedha's fancy. His tail gave a little flick as he glanced around and then looked back to her, waiting to get her attention. He gave her a look that seemed to say 'what's wrong?', eyebrows raising.

He was not sure how long it would take them to get to pride boundaries, nor if the pride was friendly or aggressive towards rogues. It was best to be cautious in situations like these.

Fedha kept wondering if she'd made the right choice, if it had been okay to leave the only pride she'd known on a silly whim after meeting the handsome stranger. Well, Tibua wasn't really a stranger any longer. He was... a friend? Or maybe something more. Their relationship hadn't really been defined for Fedha just yet. She was aware that he made her heart quicken and he was very kind, always watching out for her. But did that constitute love? And how would she know of his feelings toward the situation?

She hadn't realized she'd stopped moving until she looked slowly up and found her companion staring hard at her. She cleared her through, smiling slightly. "Sorry, my thoughts..." Was all she gave for reply to his questioning look. She began to move again, gently bumping him with her head. "Let's go. Do you think it will take long to meet someone? Do you think they'll like us?" There was always a chance that they would be turned away... and again they would need to search for a place to call home.

Fedha did not think she could bare to live the lonely life of a rogue.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm
Chemankari had intended to take her morning for herself, to wander alone through her beloved swamp, but once near the border, she heard a voice and couldn't help but be intrigued. She'd been gone awhile, and she had some catching up to do, a need to reacquaint herself with those she'd once known and those she had yet to meet. Allowing her curiosity to win in this instance, she moved towards the sound, hopping over a rotting log in her path and weaving through undergrowth until she reached her goal.

It was a pair of lions, and she was sure she'd never seen either one before. Had they joined while she'd been gone, or were they new new? The brown lioness approached with an eager step and ready smile.

"Good morning!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:39 pm
    Tibua smiled gently and nodded just once to indicate that yet, he did thin that they would be liked. At least, how could you not enjoy Fedha's company? Quiet and a little strange, but very kind and compassionate. His tail flicked and he nipped at her head as she moved past. His ears flicked as he heard a greeting. "Soon." The word came out in an amused manner, though his voice was rough and scratchy.

It was meant as a joke towards her words, because no sooner had she asked if they'd run into another lion soon... well, then they appeared! His eyes flickered curiously over her equally chocolatey pelt, with her darker brown markings. She could be his sister, though his sisters had been adorned with creams and pinks and reds. He was the only one in his litter who got his mother's brown.

He bowed his head lightly to the stranger.

Fedha gave a little jump at the good morning, at first looking around in the air suspiciously. The voices, had they finally showed up? She shook her head. No, that was silly. She'd left the pride... in fact, the goddess had left the pride. She'd been told even the unintelligible buzzing would be gone soon. It was a little disappointing.

"Oh, hello." She said softly, watching the other curiously. She'd stopped beside her companion and after a moment bowed her head as well. She looked slowly around. "You wouldn't... happen to be from a pride in these swamps?" She said slowly, curiously. Had they already found a member? That was great! "Ah, excuse my manners... I'm Fedha, this is Tibua. We've been searching for the swamps, you see... and... well... here they are..." She trailed off in a nervous little chuckle, unsure of what to say really.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 pm
So they were new new! Well, that was rather exciting! Though newcomers were fairly commonplace, this was her first time getting to be the 'welcome lion.' "I am!" she answered cheerfully, her tail flicking busily behind her. "I'm Chemankari, it's nice to meet you."

"Are you coming to join us, or just visiting?" There were a lot of Spirit-talkers with friends and family outside the pride - in large part thanks to their pilgrimages - so visitors weren't unusual, either. Chem was eager to know which this pair was, and why they'd come or who they were here to see...

Once, she would have tried to be all regal and composed like her mother, but now she had no qualms about letting her curiosity run wild.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm
    He watched the stranger for a long moment, content with letting his companion do the talking. He knew Fedha was a little nervous, but it would disappear after a little bit of interacting with the stranger. Well, she was not exactly a stranger any longer. She was Chemankari, and he though it was a good name. He repeated it a few times in his thoughts, letting it settle into his memory.

Who knew, maybe they would be running into her often? He was not sure how large the swamp pride they'd heard about was, or how extensive their territory was. In time they would learn, and hopefully become part of the family that a pride usually was. He glanced to Fedha and smiled, his tail brushing along hers before curling around it.

Fedha was relieved that the lioness they'd run into seemed very friendly. And cheerful! Cheerfulness was certainly good... it just had a way of easing one's troubles. It made you want to be cheerful as well. At least, Fedha thought so. "Yes, you too Chemankari!" She replied, already sounding much more at ease. When she felt Tibua's tail wrap around her she glanced to him and beamed. She was glad they'd met... it gave her something to look forward to in life.

She looked back to Chemankari, shifting on her paws. "Well, we've certainly been looking for a home... we don't know much about the pride though." She admitted, thinking it was only fair. But the way the rogues had described the swamps... they reminded her very much of her old homelands. She sat herself down after another moment, ears perking before she smiled.

"Ideally I think we're looking to join." She concluded, a little shyly. "I'm happy we ran into a member so soon... I feared maybe we'd be in the swamp for ages without running into anyone!" She gave a nervous chuckle.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm
"That would be pretty hard to do," Chemankari surmised, chuckling. "There are a lot of us! We're just good at blending in when we want to. In fact..." The lioness sniffed the air and grinned. "I know you're there, Koki~"

Things were silent for a moment, but a 'Hmph' soon came from somewhere behind the newcomers, at which Chem rolled her eyes. She didn't bother with any further attempts to draw her older sister out. "Anyway, it doesn't take us long to notice we have visitors! We just don't always say hi right away. We used to scare everyone off, but that was a long time ago."

"We'll take pretty much anyone now, as long as they convert and follow the rules and all."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:56 pm
    Fedha gave small smile at her words, glancing again to Tibua and chuckled a little. "Well, yes... I could see how you guys would blend in very well. I almost lost Tibua here twice when we first entered the swamp." Her silvery colored fur stood out well among all of the dark shadows and warm browns.

Fedha blinked, looking around and trying to spy this mysterious 'Koki' character, but to no avail. "Well... I'm glad no one scared us off. It might make for a fantastic story though." She chuckled, then frowned a little. "Actually I don't think I'd have anyone to tell that story to." She admitted, and the words were a little sad.

"But that's why we're looking for a pride!" Friends and family, those things would be nice again. "I think...I would definitely like to learn more. Tibua too. He doesn't really talk that much." She was actually shocked at how quiet her brown-coated companion was, and how long he could carry on a silence. She knew he could talk but it seemed like he had a much easier time telling her things with looks rather than words.

Tibua was content to sit and watch, to listen. He did not look around when another was called into question. If they wanted to come meet he and Fedha they would. And if not... well he was fine with that too.

His head tilted when Fedha looked at him and said she'd almost lost him a few times when they'd first arrived. He smiled.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:07 pm
Chemankari giggled. "A lot of us don't have coats that blend in at all, but a little mud takes care of that...or a lot of mud. There's plenty of it to go around, that's for sure!"

"Oh, that's okay. He's not the only quiet one!" The brown lioness waggled her tail. "Anyway, come with me! I'll take you to the Queen, Khara. She's my niece, but she's older than me, really."

"Not that she's old or anything..." Still chattering, Chem turned to lead the pair of newcomers further into the swamp.

((Can fade with your next post, I think.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 pm
    Fedja nodded as she looked around and allowed herself a small chuckle. "Indeed, a lot of mud." She repeated the words. Her homelands were similar, but much different. "The abundance of mud in this are is impressive." She added, but then wondered if it was a funny thing to say.

Fedha mouthed the words 'niece' and 'older' to herself as she thought about it, wondering just how weird the sentence was. She supposed it wan't completely out of the question, having a niece that is older than you... still a little strange though.

And the queen, on top of it all! Fedha wondered if she was friendly? "yes, right." She chirped, following behind the other.

The brown lion found himself chucking just slightly and roughly when the whole queen thing was brought up, but he was quiet once again soon after.

He rose and followed after the two females, listening hard around them. It was beginning, his and Fedha's new life.

end

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas