Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:38 pm
User Image

Having wandered aimlessly through the pride for the better half of the morning, an exhausted and irritated Imani flopped down on the ground in defeat. She'd been looking for quite a few hours now, for some sort of inspiration. Something that would just simply scream 'LOOK AT ME!' But nothing had, instead she'd gotten sore paws and a good case of the grouches.

Heaving a sigh, the female pulled her paws just under her chin and closed her eyes softly. If she could only find some sort of inspiration, her next piece would be her best yet! She could just feel it! But for now, perhaps a bit of time to herself might not hurt so much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm
User Image

Dromio ventured into what was considered more of the business district of the pride. There were plenty of lions and other creatures who liked to make all kinds of jewelry and costumes. Body painting, too. Not that he was in any particular need of any of those things, but he did like to look at what the others were up to.

Perhaps he was a bit jealous that he lacked any kind of skill of his own.

As he moved around, he soon came across a gloomy looking red lioness. Tilting his head to the side, he moved towards her, to figure out what was making her so upset. “Is everything alright, my dear?” The young heir asked gently, offering her a bright smile.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:07 pm
Without looking up to see her kindly visitor, Imani merely sighed again, rolled her eyes and grumbled something barely audible. "Fine. Just wallowing in my anti muse." It was clear she wasn't happy about it, but when she got in these kinds of moods it was easier to just leave her be. But this lion seemed oddly interested. Looking up from under her bangs she took in the figure, and noted a hint of familiarity about him. Though she couldn't figure out what.

"What about you? Here for some window shopping?" Noticing his bright smile, seemed oddly contagious and soon she too had a smile upon her face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 pm
Dromio smiled. Normally, pride members got a little surprised to see the heir roaming the lower levels. The only son of Bwana they were that familiar with was Borachio, the first son of Bwana. The one who wasn’t royalty, and lived as a Player with the other actors. That friendly guy was the one he liked to visit.

It sometimes seemed like they lived in two entirely different prides, and he was a little unsure which of the two he preferred being a part of.

“You could say that,” Dromio replied, not concerned with the fact that she didn’t seem to know who he was, “I get a little bored sometimes, and I like to see what everyone is doing. Anyway: you mentioned your muse? Is there anything I might be able to do to help spark something? Though… I guess being a prince doesn’t really help artistic creativity…”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 am
"Actually you'd be surprised at what ca-" Imani froze as her brain finally began to focus in on the information he'd so casually let slip. He didn't seem even remotely phased by her obvious lack of recognition. But wasn't that a bad thing? Wasn't she supposed to bow or something? She'd never actually been close enough to a royal to be bothered with such trivial matters - but now, now she wished she had been just a little closer to the action.

Mouth slightly agape, the lioness tried to pull herself back into the present. A bit nervous now that she realized who her somewhat familiar visitor was. "I, uh, I suppose that explains why you look so familiar." She dipped her head in respect to him, feeling awkward the entire time. "I-if you don't mind my asking, why do feel you wouldn't be much of a help with my muse? Everyone has creativity somewhere. Sometimes, it's just hard to find." She smiled lightly, feeling more awkward by the second.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm
Depawsit

Dromio laughed. “Don’t worry, not many know me right away. I think I haven’t spent enough time getting to know members of the pride.” He smiled faintly, shrugging his shoulders as best a lion could. Maybe it was his fault- as the heir to the throne, he really needed to make sure everybody knew him. Maybe he needed to spend more time introducing himself?

It was just the thought of the upper class… nobles… they didn’t like him. He wasn’t that purple, yet he would be their kind. Someday, he would earn their respect. It was just a little hard to think it would happen any time soon.

He smiled. “Well, I don’t know. I suppose I’m just… boring, is all. Maybe being a prince means I’m a bit stunted. Someone who hasn’t experienced enough. But if you see some creativity in you from the sight of me, then I couldn’t complain!”  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:42 pm
As Dromio spoke his words of self accusation, Imani began to protest lightly. Though he could be quite right, and it was his fault, she knew from experience that being polite was probably the best route. Besides, he seemed like a nice enough guy, there was no sense in allowing him to cry over spilled milk. "Well if you really feel that's the case, then there's no time like the present to start." She offered a friendly paw to the male, and a fond smile. "I am Imani, its a pleasure to meet you - er ... should I call you your highness?" With a soft chuckle, she waited patiently to see if the male would extend his own paw in friendship.

"I doubt there's a boring bone in your bod-" Pausing in her words, she nibbled on her lip a moment, allowing a vision to take over her senses.

"Wait a sec - I think i'm getting something here." Darting from her previous stance, she took a new position just behind the prince's flank. "Stay still, I need a better look." Giggling a very childish giggle, she couldn't help but let out. She was sure her antics were likely making her look weird, but she wasn't one to care. Especially when the muse took her over.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm
Depawsit

The prince laughed, accepted her paw. “Dromio would be fine,” he assured her, “and it’s a pleasure to meet you officially, Imani.” He liked her already- she seemed to enjoy her work, and she seemed pleased to have him there. Whatever hostilities some of the lower classes help against the nobles, or vice versa, was not present between the two of them. It was something that helped him feel comfort in his desire to change the pride and allow all nobles to be of any color.

One day, he would see it happen.

When she seemed to get some kind of idea, Dromio froze, letting her move around him as she pleased. He didn’t want to disturb her muses, though he couldn’t keep himself from smiling. “Is this your usual process?” He laughed lightly, “you must be a delight to all your customers!”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm
"Dromio it is then." Nodding, she attempted to stash the note back into the back of her mind. Though more pressing matters were quickly trying to draw away her attention.

She continued her awkward packing, looking over his flank, the arch of his back, even the fluffiness of his mane. Everything seemed perfect, almost a little too perfect ... "Hmmmm?" She didn't allow the comment to affect her process, though once it had sunk in she did indeed answer it. "Well sort of, I kind of randomly see ideas, almost like you're already wearing them..." Pausing she allowed herself to run a paw through his mane softly and non-threateningly. "I know its a little weird, but its so HELPFUL!" She chose to let his next comment escape her hearing, Imani didn't have customers, customers had Imani.

She instead chose to simply smile a wide happy smile as she sheepishly poked back around to the male's front.

"Looks like you're a lot less boring than you thought Dromio." Her paws excitedly tap danced into the ground as she tried ot contain her excitement. "I think i've found the subject of my next project, and wouldn't you know it! I found it in the most unexpected place!" Imani laughed a loud chuckle and caught a quick look in Dromio's eyes. "Never underestimate your own power Dromio, never.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm
Depawsit

Dromio laughed, watching the female as she brought herself back around to his front and told him not to underestimate his power. “Well, if you say so,” he chuckled brightly, amused by her happy attitude. It seemed like it must have been a lot of fun to do something like making outfits or jewelry. He knew his half brother adored being an actor for the pride. These jobs, these things the nobles spent so much time not appreciating… he wanted to make it all more equal.

Maybe his ‘power’ could apply to more than giving someone inspiration. Perhaps it could help him bring the pride together a bit more.

Until then, he was just going to spend his time getting to know people more.

“I’m glad you found yourself a project! I can’t wait to see how things turn out. Should I stay if you need me still, or should I leave you to your work? I don’t want to be in your way, though I am eager to see how you do things.” It was more skill than he could ever claim to have- he wanted to see how everyone did their jobs within the pride. Hell, he didn’t even really hunt that much.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm
She was so lost in her own thoughts, she could hardly keep up with exactly what Dromio was saying, though did attempt to. As she poked and prodded at him, trying to keep his personal space uninvaded - she found herself more and more unable to do so. She just had this amazing idea. The most perfect King's costume one could ever imagine, and Dromio was going to be the star.

Whether he was up for it? Well that was a different story - she might even have a bit of begging to do to get him to that point. But perhaps her costume would be all the begging she needed. Maybe once he saw it, he'd WANT to do a play inspired by it?

"Oh you're going to love it Dromio, it's going to SPEC-TA-CU-LAR!" Bouncing on the balls of her feet she giggled with glee. "You may stay if you so choose, but I warn you its a long process! Just be prepared to be here many days and nights!" Smiling she turned away from Dromio and began searching the environment for further inspiration.

Cajanic
I think we can end it here? Or with one more post from you ^^

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces