Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Euphoria [Ethiopia & Peke] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:56 pm
"It makes you realize just how small you are in the grand scheme of things," Peke mentioned with a small sigh. "Everything is ever changing, from the way the plants grow, to the movements of the herds we hunt and even to the way the birds fly. It's a little daunting being able to see the world laid out before you," he admitted turning his head away. He didn't mean to come off as a downer.

"I don't know if I'd like to fly," he told her sheepishly glancing at her. "In so many ways I think it'd be magnificent but then I wonder if it's really any better than being grounded. I'd worry that with my feet of the ground I'd never settle and land again. Is that silly?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:03 pm
It was a bit of a downer, but she supposed that was normal for them now. So in a way it didn't make her sad, and she still managed to smile. "It isn't. I don't know if I'd like flying, either." She admitted. She had actually flown, once, when Raiden had decided to carry her up a little. But he hadn't gotten very high before she had thrown a fit and made her take him down, because she hadn't even been willing in the first place. Ethiopia too, envied their bonded in many ways, but Peke had a point. Imagine just floating away...

"I guess part of the beauty of this is it's...not always there. For us, I mean." Ethiopia mused, though she still looked out at the lands and enjoyed what she saw. "I hardly think our bonded would be as impressed looking at this as we are." Indeed, when she had asked Zay to find a place for her to get up, he didn't seem to even comprehend why she should want it.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm
It was easy being around Ethi, she didn't ask many questions when he didn't feel like giving answers. She never pushed him to admit how he felt or talk about things that he would rather bury. She offered him companionship without asking for anything in return, so he offered her the same. While she wasn't open with many things, like he wasn't, he never pushed the subject farther than she wanted to go.

It was nice.

"Sometimes I think you just gotta see things from a different point of view. Looking at the same thing the same way all the time gets boring," he laughed. "Where's the fun in that?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm
A very silly idea struck Ethi at Peke's words, and she grinned stupidly at him for a moment, before lying down. Her head was peeking just over the edge of the cliff. "Yeah, you do. See things from a different point of view..." She agreed, then rolled over.

It was at first a little scary, because there was no rock beneath her head, since it ended just before her ears. She didn't have any doubts that she looked silly. But so did the world, so that was okay.

"Hah, Peke! This is definitely not boring." Certainly better than simply looking at things upside-down when you were one the ground. You didn't see much then. But here you could still see a lot! But just upside down.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:35 pm
His eyes widened when she plopped to the ground then rolled on to her back with her head hanging off the side. "Ethi!" He cried shaking his head. "I don't think that's a very good idea," he tried to scold her but when she was being silly it was hard not to laugh at her. After all she was laughing at herself.

"Why are you doing that?" He asked shaking his head and batting at her with one of his paws. He seemed to be asking a lot of questions today. When she didn't give the appearance of sitting up any time soon he slid down onto his belly so that he was lying beside her. He refused to lay on his back. He much preferred looking at things the proper way.

Right side up!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:43 pm
She laughed at his worrying, because as far as Ethi cared it was silly. What was the worst that could happen? The cliff was made of rock, not dirt. So it's not like it would just break up beneath her. Though this was, admittedly, not the most comfortable of positions.

"To see things from a different perspective!" She explained coolly, grinning. "Besides, I like making you laugh." It was always a good reason to do things. Peke deserved to laugh and be happy, and she was glad she could make that happen sometimes.

"Hah, you should try this, it's like I'm flying." Not really, because the ground was above her rather than below. Still, for effect, she stretched her paws out to the sky.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:51 pm
"We're already seeing things from another perspective," he protested frowning slightly at her. "You do make me laugh, you do the weirdest things," he admitted nudging her with his shoulder. He scooted forward to let his paws hang off the edge, it was the closest he'd get laying upside down. He had no intention of following suit and rolling onto his backside.

"I'm good," he insisted shaking his head again. "I like how things look now."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:56 pm
Well, her other perspective was more other perspective than his, Ethi thought childishly. She almost laughed at that, but at his nudge decided that it was time to roll over. Long enough on your back just wasn't comfortable, especially when you had nothing to support your head! She was alright with him saying she did the weirdest things, because she supposed she couldn't really argue with that.

"You're right," She said when she was right-side up again, and more comfortable. "Things do look better like this."

Ethiopia was silent for a few moments, looking out at the land with a small smile on her face. Then she turned to look at Peke. "Worth it." She grinned.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 am
"Nothing's upside down, that's why," he laughed resting his head on his forepaws. "It's quiet up here," he commented thoughtfully, tail curling around his body. "No, not quiet but peaceful," he corrected himself glancing at her from the corner of his eyes. "It's nice."

He spent a lot of time alone but it never seemed peaceful, it was a foreign feeling to him. To be at peace with someone by his side, he had always felt like company was noisy, even when wanted, so this was nice.

"I was skeptical at first," he admitted, "but I agree. Thanks."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:17 am
She nodded, but didn't feel the need to speak about the scenery anymore, because it could speak for itself. It did feel very nice up here, and she was happy to just enjoy it quietly. "Any time, Peke." Ethiopia sighed, making herself more comfortable and looking out at the world.

After all the trouble to get up, it seemed very silly to be in a hurry to get back down, so she was perfectly content to just lay here with Peke and savor it all. It was such a magnificent day. She laid her head on her paws and watched as birds flew down below, idly wondering about all the lions in the pride who were just going about with their lives.

Right now, she was be perfectly happy.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out