Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
THIS Is How You Get Support for Guild Updates!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alex Nightwalker

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:23 pm
Notice the professionality of this thread.

The user is kind in her manner, and understanding towards what argument there may be. She, unlike some people I have been seeing, knows that the Guilds are not a major priority to Gaia.

Keep in mind, that does not mean that the guilds are ultimately screwed.
They still work, don't they? People still use them, right?

The Devs just have much larger projects they are working on, and they can only do a little at a time.

I must say, I am largely disappointed in this Guild's Captain, Mamarita, for her behavior after a Flash-Based Update.

When you are a Captain of a Guild, you must keep in mind that you are a representative - not only for your own Guild - but for your Guild members and what Guilds they may be a part of as well. If the Devs see a Captain of a large Guild acting so childishly, how seriously do you think they will take that person and everyone inside their Guild?

I understand there is frustration, but the way our fellow Captain behaved today was far too childish and ridiculous. She could have taken the time to conduct her thread the way the one linked above could have been, instead she started ranting about a feature irrelevant to the Guilds obtaining an update.

This is an example of you should not behave, no matter how impatient you get. I must also say that a Boycott of GC will be virtually ineffective. Like I said, the Guilds are of very low priority when matched up with the rest of the features.

- My apologies if any of this is taken offensively, it is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. -  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 am
Cici's thread is all well and good but she hasn't put up with the years of developers making false promises about what they're going to do with the guilds directly to her face.

Do I think Rita went off a little heavy handed this time? Yes but I can understand where she's coming from. It's not how I personally would have gone about it but I'm getting to the point where I honestly can't give a crap any more, this ... continual flourish of interest in the guilds is getting to the point that I really could care less what lie the dev's will spin out next.

It started with Wesden who came in here and asked for help and then ignored everything we asked for, pacifying us with guild announcements and a few home page updates (Which I called her out on at the time, no point updating the guild homepage if the content inside is still so ancient); we thanked her for the guild announcements but the lack of due diligence left a bitter taste.

More recently there was Pan who seemed keen to pay an interest, this obviously vanished with his promotion.

And now we have Uncle Kenny who comes in, leaves customer service answers and leaves again without answering any questions, again showing a lack of due diligence.

So to recap, yes what Rita did was a little OTT but I can understand being angry at Gaia for this one, Kenny's last reply coupled with a very quick update to the flash spaces looks a bit off if one doesn't have the full facts (Which, actually none of us do). This could all be solved by Gaia communicating a little more but alas ...

As I said in another thread, if Gaia assigned a designated developer to each part of the site (Not exclusively) then maybe we'd have a little more communication and a little less of users filling in the gaps themselves. Said developer would be their features champion, submitting ideas and communicating with their respective areas of the site rather then this developer free for all that seems to happen.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:49 am
Guess what everyone. I am done. I am not posting any more in the forums about this. I have had it with the forums, the developers lies and deceit. If we get reforms, we get them. I don't give a damn anymore. I will continue here on the guild. I will continue to write proposals and submit them. But I cannot be the only one that tries and tries again to get someone to take notice of the fact that guilds never EVER get the kind of attention they really need.

It's over- I have had it.

Seems that we of this guild are the only ones that seem to really give a damn, and at that, only a few.

As for those that think I go too far. I know that I have gotten overzealous recently. But you know what. It finally got the developers to respond, didn't it? It wasn't exactly the response that we wanted, but at least it was the truth. We aren't going to be getting any goddamned updates!

So, my tactics may be drastic, but at least we got some answers. Think about that!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm
it was the same response that they have given us every other time, they just have said it more often recently, thats the only things thats changed

most pople in the sf want guild updates but spamming gaia admins and telling them we hate them because they updated something else instead of guilds isnt going to make them want to work on guilds any faster.

you dont have to give up on reminding the admins about us, but you dont have to go all out as much as you have been doing. just tone it back a little and remind them we need them to fix things instead of making them dread talking about guilds  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 pm
Shanna66
it was the same response that they have given us every other time, they just have said it more often recently, thats the only things thats changed

most pople in the sf want guild updates but spamming gaia admins and telling them we hate them because they updated something else instead of guilds isnt going to make them want to work on guilds any faster.

you dont have to give up on reminding the admins about us, but you dont have to go all out as much as you have been doing. just tone it back a little and remind them we need them to fix things instead of making them dread talking about guilds

It seems I am the only one that keeps reminding them with any repetitiveness. And this guild is the only place that works with them to give them specifics of what the guilds really need and how we want it done. And to be honest, I am tired of being the fall guy. So, let someone else from this guild do it for a while. I am tired. I tried the nice approach way too long and we were TOTALLY IGNORED in the forums and here. I got a little haughty and started getting noticed but still got nowhere, except forum people started complaining that we guild people were complaining too much. And after 5 yrs I got pissed off and yes, I got overzealous and even people on this guild jumped down my throat. Everyone knew before the latest campaign started what was going to happen and no one said diddyboo about it before it happened. Now, I am the big bad captain who went way overboard. Well, fine- I will back way off- Elect someone else to do it for a while. I am taking a well-deserved break!  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games