Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Other Randomness :.
Music and Manga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 pm
Do you ever listen to a song and realize it reminds you of a character and/or scene for a certain manga? Post the song and manga! biggrin

(Was going to put this in the Music category, but I noticed that the rules said they would only take Japanese groups sweatdrop )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm
"Pictures" by The Boomtang Boys

This song reminds me of "Sand Chronicles"; specifically the relationship between Ann and Daigo.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The remeniscent aspect of this song really captures the feel of Sand Chronicles, which is all about overcoming the past and growing stronger from it.

If I had time or the right program, I would definitely make an MMV to using this song and manga.

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 pm
"Mordred's Lullaby" by Heather Dale

This song fits the story of "Godchild" perfectly. Cain and Mordred (from Arthurian legends) have a lot in common. Both were born of an incestuous relationship between brother and sister. Both have suffered for their parents sins, and both seek to destroy their fathers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I will admit, there IS a Cain MMV with this song, so I kind of stole the idea. But this song is SO PERFECT for our favorite tortured soul!

.: Other Randomness :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games