Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP] Jitters (Sophocles x Ari) (Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:19 am
User ImageSophocles had come to Tianxia at the urgings of his parents who hoped that the move would offer him a better life and hoped that it would expand his horizons. He had protested initially but when the heiress of the South herself came to Tete'boma to talk with her grandmother about the impending marriage he found that he had been struck by her. He had a difficult time rejecting the proposal after meeting her, so he made the move with little protest.

Since his arrival he spent little time with the heiress, but he couldn't say that it bothered him too much, after all it gave him time to expand his horizons and venture outside of the lines of the south. Something that Lady Ming had encouraged upon his arrival. He found that the pride as a whole was large, the territories expanding farther than he had originally managed. Rarely did he get lost, his sharp mind memorizing the areas as he moved through them.

Navigation turned out to come easily to the pale lion as he slunk across the border separating the south from the central house. He moved cautiously, aware that while they were able to come and go through houses not everyone would be receptive to a member from another house in their house. But as a future lord Sophocles pushed to go past boundaries and aquatint himself with those that he could as well as learn all that the other houses had to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 am
User Image
Though she was usually found in the company of her big, brutish bodyguard, the empress today had a much more delicate looking companion. A smaller feline, dark, with bright yellow eyes. Daiyu, the serval, could be very useful sometimes due to her uncanny ability to predict future events. But it seemed there wasn't too much excitement in the future, because the smaller cat had nothing to tell Ting Lan.

Oh well.

"Very well, Daiyu." She told the cat, with a swish of her tail. "You may go now. Jian has caught a goat, tell her to share." The serval nodded politely, apparently turning to leave, then hesitated. She didn't say a word, rather, simply indicated something peculiar. Another lion. Ting Lan frowned slightly, but just motioned for the serval to carry along. So she did.

The central house was far from a very populated area, and Ting Lan knew exactly who was, or who wasn't a part of it. So she was quick to find this lion was not in the right place. He seemed vaguely familiar, so she didn't imagine him a rogue that had somehow gotten past guards.

Still, it should be dealt with. He may be a messenger, bearing important news. The empress gave a small sigh, then headed in hi direction, her posture a clear indication of her rank. Ari was an important lioness, people should know that. "Greetings," She said once she was closer. "What brings you here?" Straight to business.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 pm
The Empress's appearance startled him, though he quickly chastised himself for not being more aware of his surroundings. He should have expected her appearance at some point during his excursion into the center of the pride, she was the empress of course she would confront an unfamiliar face.

He immediately adverted his gaze, dropping his head in a poor attempt at a bow. "Hello," he greeted, head down as he looked up at her. "Pardon my intrusion," he began slowly. He wasn't sure how best to approach this situation and it left him mildly uncomfortable. He had never had the honor of meeting a lion of her position. His parents were of high class but since he was young he had been thrust into the roles of a knight and as a result, he rarely saw the royalty of his home, he never truly had the pleasure of meeting them before he left.

He opened his mouth to respond to her before he closed it without speaking. He felt that the idea of explaining himself to be more than a little...embarrassing. He had always been shy of letting others know how much he sought information, always been shy of admitting to his intelligence. "I came seeking the ability to learn the traditions and history of the Central House," he said after a moment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm
Well, at least he had some semblance of manners. Ting Lan didn't always expect to be referred to as 'your majesty', but hello was still a little informal. Especially considering he was trespassing. But he probably just didn't know any better, and the empress could be forgiving.

Learn the history and traditions of the central house? That was a strange concept. "For learning, one should seek teachers, not royalty." Her voice was stern, but not exactly unkind. The central house was hardly a very populated place, currently occupied mostly by the royal family, and a few of those who served them. At the time being, there were no teachers among them. "I suggest you seek knowledge in the East."

But enough of that. "And to whom do I speak?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm
He felt foolish and said nothing in response. He knew that the East was the best place to seek information but at the same time he hoped to learn things a little more personally, though he certainly hadn't expected to run into the empress herself! "My apologies," he mumbled casting his gaze to the ground. He was smarter than that, he should have chosen his words more carefully before he addressed her.

Temptation urged him to explain that he was simply going from house to house in an attempt to better acquaint himself with other members, as the future lord of the house that encouraged diplomacy...he only saw it fitting. "Ah, I am So--" he cut himself off, mentally scolding himself once again. They were within Tianxia, he was to use his proper name, not his common one. He cleared his throat and tried again. "My name is Jiù​xīng, and it is a pleasure to be within your company Empress." This time he gave her a proper bow rather than his sloppy one from before.

He was less jittery now, he was more collected and it showed in how he held himself. "I fear that the East does not have as much information as I hoped," he paused trying to chose his words carefully. He needed more practice at this diplomacy thing. "And I was hoping to be come better acquainted with those outside of my house to better prepare myself for the position that lies in my future." Oh god he hoped that came out right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm
His apology wasn't really necessary, but she nodded a sort of approval to it. He seemed to be getting better, and she was patient enough today to let him take his time. Besides, Ting Lan could accept the fact she was a little intimidating, because she was sort of supposed to be, in some ways.

Once he properly introduced himself, she knew who he was. Jiùxing, yes. That was the name that the lion who would one day be Lord had chosen, she remembered that. The lady of the South had told her she had chosen her granddaughter as her successor, and an unusual choice, but the empress had no objection. So long as this granddaughter proved to be a good Lady. And she had also caught wind of the fact that this very granddaughter had a mate.

"Your efforts are appreciated." She said coolly. And, because this was a good opportunity to get to know her future lord, she added. "It is regrettable that you couldn't find the information you sought. I have some time to spare, and am willing to answer a few questions. What do you wish to know, Jiùxing?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:56 pm
He hadn't expected Ting Lan to be so receptive to his simple want. Of course, the pale lion hadn't known what to truly expect of the empress. He mused that he had figured she would be too busy to pay him any mind. He was pleasantly surprised by her willingness, it caught him off-guard and left him standing there speechless.

He felt foolish.

Even more so as he remained tongue-tied because he had no idea what to ask her about first. "Well I...You see..." his voice growing quieter as he struggled to figure out what to ask. "Ahem," he cleared his throat, having collected his thoughts enough to form a coherent question. "It's know that it is customary for all the houses to gather in one annually," he paused to take in a breath. "It's a way of truly connecting a pride as a whole but otherwise," another pause, he was considering his words closely. "There isn't much of Central customs documented," he seemed saddened by this information. "Outside of marriage ceremonies," he added quickly, though the statement was likely to be irrelevant. "What customs do you push for?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 am
Hmm, this male had better learn to speak, ideally before he became a Lord. Ting Lan could be patient, considering he was new, and the position did need to be filled. She might have to invest in finding him some proper education.

It was a little amusing that one example he chose was marriage ceremonies. One was coming up, but truly there had never been one before. "Customs we push for?" That was a strange way to word it, she thought. But Ting Lan didn't dwell on it. "One must keep in mind the size of the Central House. It is the smallest of the pride, containing the royal family and few others. Most of the pride inhabits the East, West, North and South houses. As such, there aren't many customs, as there is no population to... ah, entertain." Which was true and honest enough.

"It is where certain important ceremonies are held. Like you mentioned, the wedding ceremony of the sovereign. Also the coronation of the next Emperor and Empress. Meetings of the sovereign with his or her lords and ladies take place here. Disputed between Houses will be settled here, on impartial ground." She paused slightly there, because this was important for him to know. "The annual gathering is also held here, as you pointed out yourself. Visitors and representatives from other prides will be brought here. But these are instances where the entire pride is involved, as such it wouldn't be suitable to call it simply a 'Central House custom'." She would have shrugged there, but that wouldn't be very regal, now would it?

"Members of the central house will often participate in events in other houses, as guests." Ting Lan herself usually made the rounds about the pride, spending more time outside than within the Central House. It truly was, in many ways, not a very exciting place to be. "I can conclude by saying the Central House's 'customs' are those of the entire pride. The Central House represents the pride as a whole, uniting east, west, north and south." It was, after all, where the main power of the pride was concentrated. The Emperor and the Empress, absolute. At least theoretically.

It was possible that, in the future, the central house too would grow, and other customs would take root here. But for the time being, it honestly didn't hold much, at the same time as it held everything.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:07 am
Jiuxing knew that he had much to learn, which was why he struggled to form his questions and sentences easily. He hadn't been much of a lion for social interactions, which is why he questioned his parents choice to send him to Tianxia. He theorized that they hoped his new position, and future mate, would coax him from his shell. He could only hope that they were correct.

He was quiet as she spoke, his mind greedily absorbing all the information she was willing to give him. Her words were interesting, but well spoken. He hadn't expected any less from their empress. "You have an upcoming marriage ceremony, right?" He had heard whispers of it from other members that he had passed on his various journeys through other houses. He hoped he wasn't being nosy, or pushy. He truthfully wasn't sure how to handle the conversation between them, but he was bright and he was learning.

"I see," he seemed to wisher in the conclusion of her words.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 am
"Yes, there is. I will be marrying a Pridelands prince." She said, because it was hardly a secret. "And you're invited." Of course, the entire pride was invited, as it affected everyone in some way. She was the Empress, it wasn't like she could get married in secret. If she tried, it would be disrespectful, considering her mate would have just as much power as she did, only lacking in birthright.

"Is there anything else you would like to ask?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am
"Attending would be an honor," he replied quietly. He had figured that they would be invited, from his understanding of the marriage ceremonies. And it would be a grand one, the empress marrying her consort. He imagined that it would be the first real ceremony of the central house.

"Nothing that comes to mind," he replied quickly. "Unless there is anything specific that you would like to share, I'm always eager to learn from any information offered to me," he added, his voice a little softer. "Otherwise," he paused trying not to be too awkward about things. "I can take my leave."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 am
She nodded, because it seemed like they were done. Ting Lan was willing enough to talk to those who knew what they wanted, but she was hardly going to 'suggest material', as it were. She didn't comment towards the wedding again, because of course he would say it was an honor.

"Very well, then. You may leave. I wish you luck in finding a more informative teacher." She said. This lion was awkward, but he did seem to improve as the conversation went on. He'd also probably be learning along with his future wife, so at least she had no real concerns about the seat in the South. It would be fine.

"Fare thee well, Jiùxing." And with that, Ting Lan turned and left him, heading deeper into the central house.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces