Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
Crew Introductions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 pm
User Image

Dante Demoness

TGM Captain

Available for:
{x} Questions
{x} Making Guild Graphics
{x} Random Chatter
{x} Guild Issues/Concerns

Status- Lurking around the guild boards
PM's- Open for anything

Guild Facts
My name is Dante and I created this guild knowing people out in Gaia need a place to chill and be with a community with the same interest. I tried to find a guild that looked like a great spot to get to know other Graphic Artists. I found many, but they were all filled with spammers or were completely dead. With that in mind, out came "The Graphic Makers". Once the guild was officially made on June 17, 2007, I needed help to get it going. That's when the original crew was created- Seiorai, Kaleta, Shangrilicious, Gummibear Fizz, Synthroxide, Gloss and Curls, and cookiemun5tr. For a few weeks we set up the forums and rules, then started to send out the invitations. Users started to join in large amounts which was overwhelming and very exciting. Many forums started and I thought we could have a "battle" type thing with other Graphic Guilds to make things fun. I found two guilds that were willing to do some sort of contest between our guilds. Sadly both lost touch with me and it never happened. During December the guild started a "Graphic Secret Santa". Many members joined and were secretly paired with another. The user had to make a graphic for their partner and send it around Christmas time. It was very successful and showed how much the guild community came together. In winter '09 TGM did another Graphic Secret Santa and it was as successful as the first one. In winter '10 I forgot the Secret Santa, so instead of waiting the next winter we moved it to Secret Cupid. Over 30 guild members participated. The guild was going through a slow patch for a while in spring '08, but came back full force in the fall. I was stupid and forgot to throw some sort of bash for the one year anniversary.... I still regret it. Sorry for those who wanted one. The crew have been working hard to make this a better place for people to feel safe and wanted. We thank you members for coming to TGM and helping out each other become stronger in the graphic arts. Myself and the crew hope this guild can stay strong on Gaia for a long time, and so far it has because of you members that make it possible!

About Me
Hello! My name is Dante, and I've been on Gaia for 5 1/2 years, more than half of that time running this fabulous guild! I graduated from the Art Institutes for web design, and am currently working as an intern at a design agency.

Programs I Use (CS5 versions)
{x} Photoshop
{x} InDesign
{x} Illustrator
{x} Flash
{x} CSS Edit
{x} TextMate

Five random facts about Dante:
{x} My first Hollywood crush was Tommy the green and white ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I want to be the Pink Ranger because Tommy is my soul mate
{x} I'm a Manga fan and have over 2,000 dollars worth of Manga books that I now look at and feel nauseous... I could of used that money to go to Japan! emo
{x} I got this username because I love the game Devil May Cry, and Dante is the main character.
{x} I'm going to the Art Institute for Web Design and Interactive Media
{x} My favorite food is strawberry cheesecake, but the taste is so strong and rich so I can never finish it. ;~;

Past Crew
There have been many crew changes since this guild first opened. Even though they aren't on this list anymore, they still deserve recognition.
The below list is of our past crew, they've been a great addition to the guild and we miss them!
Note: Some of them have changed their usernames, so it might not be accurate. These are the names they had when they left.

{x} Shangrii-La
{x} cookiemun5tr
{x} Gummibear Fizz
{x} _Adam-Roey_
{x} Fish_poke.exe
{x} Seiorai
{x} Synthroxide
{x} Kaleta
{x} Moonr!se
{x} Larzar
{x} NERDTASTIC JOY
{x} Paine_Lovely128

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm here for;
• Questions (with anything)
• Guild Graphics
• Guild Concerns/Problems
• Listening to you
• Introducing/Helping to run contests and events
• Random chit-chat

Status;
Online.

PM's;
Open. I love random chats, however, I'd much rather be quoted in a forum for a conversation than PM's.

Things I use;
• Gimp 2.6
• Desktop computer (made by a friend)
• Google Chrome
• Centered Gaia

Time Capsule;
• A big 6 to resemble joining Gaia in '06, and being part of the community for 6 years. (This account is my second.)
• A baby picture to show that I've only been designing for a year now, maybe. I still have a lot to learn!

Let's talk about me;
Hello! You can call me Cupcake or Lala. I'm a senior in high school, and I will most likely pursue a major in genetics at some college in Chicago (hopefully Uchicago). I have 6 years of experience playing the violin, but my last director ruined the class for me, so I don't play much anymore. I'm almost always on the computer because I have no actual life, but I guess that might change in a few months. I'm in the Rocky Mountains, so keep that in mind if you ever need to talk to me. As for graphic design, I am mostly self-taught, with a few helpful tips from friends along the way. I've learned a lot on my own, but I'll keep practicing. Please don't be afraid to talk to me, I only nibble.

Extra;
• I run a shop called R[evol]ution.
• Rock music is my lover.
• I love to roleplay, but usually not in large groups.
• Sierra Kusterbeck is my idol.
• My boyfriend and I have been dating long distance for over 4 years.
• If I'm not on Gaia, it's safe to assume I'm on Xbox Live, PC gaming, or reading.
• I'm excited to be here! (:

Reikoena

Otherworldly Dreamer

Chishire
Crew

Anxious Trash

15,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here for:
Questions
Holding Contests/Events
Guild Graphics
Guild Issues/Concerns
Talking and Bringing the Guild Together
General/Profile Help

Available [Online]
PMs Open for anything

What I use:
Photoshop Elements 9
Gimp
Sai Painter
Adobe After Effects CS5
HP Tm2 TouchSmart Laptop [A Tablet/Laptop in one]

Time Line:
Graphic Arts - 6.5 Years
Gaia Online - 4.5 Years

About Me:
You can call me Chi, I am a self taught graphic designer. I am currently in 11th grade of high school and am looking to major in Graphic Design and Marketing. Currently I live in Southern California but I long to move to Canada, and one day I will. My hobbies include sports, role-playing and cosplaying, I am a major anime nerd. Even though I am blond I am smarter than you think. So don't underestimate me. I'm very friendly and love a good conversation.
Not only do I do Graphic Design but I am also an Artist.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, I don't bite, I just claw. But really, I'm an open book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Talk to me for:

❶ : woooQuestions regarding guild matters (e.g. contests, ideas, complains, etc)
❷ : woooGraphic help (Programs I use will be listed below)
❸ : woooHow to earn gold
❹ : woooChit Chat
❺ : woooResources

About me:

I'm Asian. I stay in a little island called Singapore. (If you know where that is, you're cool.)

I've been doing graphic design since 5 years ago I think. Was really crazy about it then, spending more time on graphics than on my studies. That was also the time where I picked up most of my skills and foundations in graphic design. I was from a harsh forum where they criticized your work and threw you to the dogs if you weren't up to mark.

Now, I'm just doing graphics for fun ( and also to earn ggold) since I'm in university and I can't pursue graphic design as much as I want to. I am also trying to learn illustrator while I have free time. :3

I'm generally a nice person to talk to, but I emphasize alot on good english. Please be literate when you're trying to ask for help because I can't spend half my PMs trying to get you to explain what you actually mean.

Stuff I use:

wooo I generally work with a Macbook Pro, but I am familiar with Windows OS as well.
woooPhotoshop CS5. Most things can be done with older versions.. so i can help with other versions.
wooo Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet. Some of the stuff I do is greatly aided by the use of a tablet. :3
wooo Nikon D7000 DSLR is what I use to take photos. I also have a compact for convenience.

Where you can find me (on gaia):

woooI normally lurk in my shop here. This is where my main income comes from.
wooo I also play zOMG but im a newb at it. If you play it too, we could play together maybe?
wooo I like art. So I can be found lurking in art forums trying to get art for my avi. :3
woooBeen wanting to RP for sometime, but am not doing so for the moment due to time constraints.

Sidhe the Unfeeling
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150

Burn Halo
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:57 pm
User Image

Mr. Burn Halo
░ | | I'm here because: ░

¡I'm Crew!

I'm the aggressive one
• I'm a challenger
• I'm curious

Fact: | [ My Shop Is In Hiatus ] |

»»♥ Status: | ▓
Alive...

♠ Listening To: | ▓
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off!
Artist: Panic At The Disco!

»»♣ I Dont Always Design But When I Do I Prefer To Use: |
Photoshop CS5
Lunapic
• I've been known to use brushes

»»♦ Time Capsule: | ▓
• Been On Gaia For 6 Years
• Been Designing Off/On For 4 Years

»»♥ Questions? | ▓
Just Ask.

»»♠ Quick Bio: | ▓
Adore provocative material!
• Like to dress up and work out
• Is not very talented with words I'm afraid
Read weird books
Has learned to ride a bike
• Plan to travel to France, Italy and Spain in the next 4 years

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 am
User Image

Here for :.
. Questions about the guild
. Chit Chat for the guild
. Ideas for the guild
. Inviting people to the guild
. Maybe making graphics for the guild
. Having fun for/in the guild x3

. Available [online]
. Pms open for everything

What I use :.
. A laptop
. MS Paint
. Occasionally PhotoShop

About :.
hmm what to put here? I'm Dollie Missy,
gaian for over 3 years this being my second account after
the first one was abandoned. I enjoy making profiles
but haven't opened up a shop because of my laziness.
I enjoy making pixel treats with my sister. I love to price graphics
and try giving some out occasionally. I love to chat, make friends,
and always participate in contests even though I know I have
no chance of winning cx

I don't bite much, feel free to quote or pm me on anything ^^

User Image

Dollie Missy
Crew

The Graphic Makers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash