Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
team breast overcoming cancer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

has any one in your family had cancer? if so was it breast?
yes
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
it was not breast cancer
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
no one in my family has had it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Potato Korner

Greedy Smoker

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 am
Beep Beep~ yum_puddi
May I Join in? sweatdrop
I would love to join in this team because my mom suffers from breast Cancer stage 2 A ,I'll be glad to support these Guild *you have my word guys ^_^* ,even though she has a breast cancer, My mom is very supportive in everything I do smile And even though she suffer from this illness she is still the same strong willed Mother I ever known. yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm
Batang Jollibee
Beep Beep~ yum_puddi
May I Join in? sweatdrop
I would love to join in this team because my mom suffers from breast Cancer stage 2 A ,I'll be glad to support these Guild *you have my word guys ^_^* ,even though she has a breast cancer, My mom is very supportive in everything I do smile And even though she suffer from this illness she is still the same strong willed Mother I ever known. yum_puddi

Having underage children is a great motivator. No offense meant if you are over 18.
My first bout I was in my late 20's. I went from two pea sized tumours{one in each breast} to stage 4 in less than 3 months, and a few months to live. I told my gyn I did not have time to die and to cut it out. He sent me to a friend/surgeon he knew well. One of the best. He got everything out plus some. To make a long story short, he did surgery within days. Another two or three more weeks and there would be no chance to save me.
I was angry for getting it, and could not leave my daughter. I think both my anger and my love for my child helped.
Your mum sounds a bit like me... I hope she does well.
Will light an extra candle for her.

glad you survived and batang jubile i hope your mom does too  

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 am
Please note:

I would appreciate it if next year's team captains do not poach my name from here and pm me to recruit for their team. I will never switch teams.

I was actually quite offended to have it happen this year. No matter how polite you are, if I was not a prior teammate I personally think it considerably rude.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 am
Kreiystahl
Batang Jollibee
Beep Beep~ yum_puddi
May I Join in? sweatdrop

Having underage children is a great motivator. No offense meant if you are over 18.
My first bout I was in my late 20's. I went from two pea sized tumours{one in each breast} to stage 4 in less than 3 months, and a few months to live. I told my gyn I did not have time to die and to cut it out. He sent me to a friend/surgeon he knew well. One of the best. He got everything out plus some. To make a long story short, he did surgery within days. Another two or three more weeks and there would be no chance to save me.
I was angry for getting it, and could not leave my daughter. I think both my anger and my love for my child helped.

Thanks for the Candle yum_puddi
I'll include you into my prayers smile
May God be with you . God bless us all yum_puddi  

Potato Korner

Greedy Smoker

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 am
Batang Jollibee
Kreiystahl
Batang Jollibee
Beep Beep~ yum_puddi
May I Join in? sweatdrop

Thanks for the Candle yum_puddi
I'll include you into my prayers smile
May God be with you . God bless us all yum_puddi

Anytime dear. And thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:12 pm
Hello guys, pardon my intrusion. I'd like to invite your team to come and vote in Team Clear Lung's Tektek contest!!! If you have some time we'd like your unbiased opinions in our contest!  

Lenty

JoyRose

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm
I've avoided actually joining this team because I wasn't sure I could contribute anything of use. But I changed my mind. Any contribution no matter how small is better than none. Will PM my story (if I get a chance to write it) and tektek soon.

My grandmother had breast cancer, and I remember watching her struggle to do the exercises after her breast had been removed to regain normal movement on that side. Then she wore a bra with a fake breast in it, and she used that as a great place to hide money for the following years, which I believe approached THIRTY in number! A true survivor, she lived to her 90th birthday, and was an inspiration to all who knew her!  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 pm
Blaizekit
hinata_hyuga1314

Hey Hinata, there was someone wanting to join your team, but I don't know whether they will show up or not. Just a heads up to keep a look out!^^

thanks. and sorry for like mysteriously disappering but my internet shut down and you can't get on gaia from a libray or school so i had no way to telll anyone  

hinata_hyuga1314

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200

hinata_hyuga1314

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:31 pm
JoyRose
I've avoided actually joining this team because I wasn't sure I could contribute anything of use. But I changed my mind. Any contribution no matter how small is better than none. Will PM my story (if I get a chance to write it) and tektek soon.

My grandmother had breast cancer, and I remember watching her struggle to do the exercises after her breast had been removed to regain normal movement on that side. Then she wore a bra with a fake breast in it, and she used that as a great place to hide money for the following years, which I believe approached THIRTY in number! A true survivor, she lived to her 90th birthday, and was an inspiration to all who knew her!

my condolences and would be glade to post your story even though april is over its the least i can do considering  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:40 pm
ok guys sorry for taking so long but my internet shut down sorry again
the winner is joy rose and runner up is Kreiystahl
since it looks like thats all we got for entrys that marks the end of this announcement sorry again it toook so long  

hinata_hyuga1314

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200

JoyRose

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:26 pm
hinata_hyuga1314
since it looks like thats all we got for entrys that marks the end of this announcement sorry again it toook so long

You're very sweet. Thank you! emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 pm
JoyRose
hinata_hyuga1314

You're very sweet. Thank you! emotion_hug

thanks i gusse your right. and np emotion_hug  

hinata_hyuga1314

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
Archives [threads from previous years of the event]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff