Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
A neighborhood that's miine, ALL MINE. BWAHHHA.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I started a custom neighborhood a fair bit back on TS2. I tend to start fresh with every single sim because I have a specific story I'm going for, but end up with tons of dead neighborhoods. rofl

So I just started a pure creation neighborhood, that I may or may not populate at some point in time. I've even dedicated sections to stuff, like one is called First Street or something, and that has all of my cute little beginner houses.

I'm making a downtown-ish sort of area. It's got a lounge-type lot (really not sure what it is, but it has a cafe area and outside things to do), and I'm currently working on the library right now. I'm going for super upscale kinda stuff.

Later, I want to add the "bad" part of town. Raggedy walls, teeny lots, etc. I want to start a low-income sim apartment lot, with really basic utilities and that's it, and then a shelter where everything is shared and all they get is a room to sleep and relax in.

I've also got Legacy Lane, in which my future legacy families will fill out the houses (I was thinking it'd be cool to have nothing but a single family living all around there, or several legacies). And then there's a small "real houses of mine" section in the corner. That's where I sim-erize all of the houses I've lived in.

In all, I think it'd be incredibly cool to have a map filled purely with my own stuff. And I'd love to add onto it with custom downtowns, vacation maps, and college maps. * u*

What about you? Any 100% custom neighborhoods of yours that you've built up? Was it hard work? Creating just one lot can be exhausting, a neighborhood is hell.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 am
I've built a custom Sims 3 world almost from scratch! It's taken me over a year and it still isn't properly finished but I have finally started playing it.

I downloaded a base from someone on the official exchange and then modified it to my liking by moving/removing lots and adding in new ones.
I was going to have an area of apartment buildings but player built ones don't seem to work properly in my game and just spawn an endless supply of NPCs so I had to get rid of them.

I named it Crystal Springs after the custom neighbourhood I had in Sims 2. They look nothing like each other but they do both have a waterfall and river supplied by the crystal springs.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm
I always liked the idea of doing that in S2 but I never actually got around to it. I'm lazy and would just rather have a bunch of townies already made for me mad  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm
I love doing this. I've had various themes for towns. One town was "Barbie World". Every house was "cut in half" like a doll house. It was fun to create. I made a pacman town that looked like a pacman board when you zoomed out- and had the names of the ghosts and other pacman/8-bit themed street names.

I've found that putting a few apartments in your town really helps with populating the neighborhood. Add that with story progression and start hooking people up- it actually happens faster than you'd think. ;]  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:09 pm
Your Left Sock
I love doing this. I've had various themes for towns. One town was "Barbie World". Every house was "cut in half" like a doll house. It was fun to create. I made a pacman town that looked like a pacman board when you zoomed out- and had the names of the ghosts and other pacman/8-bit themed street names.

I've found that putting a few apartments in your town really helps with populating the neighborhood. Add that with story progression and start hooking people up- it actually happens faster than you'd think. ;]

I love theme worlds. heart I was working on a medieval town for awhile, but I haven't picked it up in maybe a year or so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm
Celestial Fireflies
Your Left Sock

I love theme worlds. heart I was working on a medieval town for awhile, but I haven't picked it up in maybe a year or so.

That sounds like a lot of fun to build!!
I love medieval-styled cottages. <3 The only downfall with them is that they make the house lot cost wayyy more than it needs to- only because there's so much altering with the outside. :/ I'm still just as frugal in the sims as I am in real life. XD 45,000S for a one bedroom, one bathroom super-tiny cottage compared to the 45,000S for the three-story town home...

But it'd be a really fun and interesting theme. :] Minus the cars driving around on the street. XD  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces