Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]
[PRP] Oh, To Be Young Again (Salma x Tete)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 am
Well. Salma never thought that it would end up being her own two boys that would cause the greatest amount of trouble for the pride. At least the damage had been minimal, as the shrine was still being set up. Regardless, it was time lost, and with how much Salma wanted to get done before passing on the leader role, it wasn't very helpful.

It was the time to decide the punishment, though shame on their heads seemed to knock the two boys around a bit. She hated the fact that she was going to have to make a large decision on the two of them, and wanted to get Tete's opinion of the matter before deciding what must be done.

She strove out to look for him, but kept missing him by only a moment or so. He was busy with his own duties, but she wasn't ready to quit. Trotting to where he was rumored to be walking, Salma called out for her mate.

"Tete? Tete!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:52 am
User Image

As usual, Tete knew where to be when he was needed and it wasn't long after Salma called out to him that he appeared. He was smiling, though he wasn't sure there was a happy reason to be seeking him out. Obi and Tama were still on his mind after what had happened with the shrine but he wasn't entirely sure how it would play out. Of course, it was a quiet day on guard duty and that was something to be cheerful about, too.

"Salma," he greeted her, "How has your day been?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 am
"Stressful," she said point blank, giving him a bit of a look that meant 'we need to talk'. He shouldn't feel worried that it was about him, but Salma wasn't going to take no for an answer. Sometimes it was nice to be the leader, even if it meant she had to use her position a bit to get what she needed.

"Its about Obi and Tama," she said carefully, her eyes glancing around. Well, it was quiet here for the moment, and she would rather the pride knew about their proper punishment than what just might be their punishment. She wanted to boys to be on their toes, and not expecting it once she decided what to do.

"What are we going to do with them?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 am
Tetemeko kept smiling, even at the look that said something serious was going on. He wasn't worried- not.. that much, anyway. He wasn't surprised to hear her say she was stressed out about Obi and Tama, that made sense- they had been on his mind and he knew it was harder for her since she was the leader of the pride.

"Forget that they are your sons," he said, "What punishment would be most appropriate for their crime?"

He honestly had no idea where to begin.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am
Salma paused. She had thought of this in the past, when things were getting set up, but it was easy to assume that she would never need to punish anyone. Everyone was here because they wanted to be; if someone grew tired of this life, there was nothing holding them back. Yes, perhaps if a keeper abandoned their shrine, their patron god would be angry at them, but there was nothing physically here to hold them back.

This...was different. It was her own two sons, and though Tete told her to disregard that fact right now, it was hard to do.

"Reassignment," she said quietly. She knew how much the two of them wanted to follow in their father's footsteps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:41 am
Tetemeko considered her suggestion, surprised by it- and surprised by how he felt about it. He knew both of his sons wanted to be guards because that was what he did and.. he rather liked that that was a motivation for them. And, all things considered, he wasn't sure barring them from being guards would have the same effect as if they had been striving to be a keeper or something.

"I think if a reassignment is called for, we ought to focus on Obi," he said, "I get the feeling that he is the real guilty one and however it happened, he's demonstrated his potential as a shifter."

He paused.

"And I'd say he's getting a good amount of training, helping to repair the shrine."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 am
"Yes. A shifter would be good. We don't have enough of those, but I fear we never will." Her tail shifted just a bit behind her as she thought about it. She was sad that it was going to come to this, but it was needed.

"Tama will need at least a talking to, and told what to do if something like that happens again. I am not against a guard pouncing on someone who may repeat these mistakes."

She paused, and looked up at Tete. Oh, how she loved him. "What do you think?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:54 am
"It's a good compromise, I think," he said, "Obi doesn't get his way but we still get a good shifter. And it's not an easy job to slack off on, it would be dangerous to do so and if he doesn't realize that now he will learn fast."

It was better than having an unhappy and lazy hunter, for sure.

"I can talk to Tama, if you'd like," he offered, smiling, "It's time their training got more serious, anyway. They're almost all grown up."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am
"Yes, that would be a good idea." Salma liked to leave the more detailed guard ideas to those that were better at it. Tete was one of those.

"I guess I should find Obi and let him know the extent of his punishment. At least Katashi should be open to taking a late-term apprentice in shifting." The leopard had a strange way of working, but it was very efficient and so Salma let him work the way he wanted. "Hopefully he won't be too upset about it." At least he trusted that Obi wouldn't start causing more shrines to fall apart if he grew upset. He had to have learned his lesson.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 am
Tete nodded, more than willing to help his son be a better guard- even if in this circumstance, he would have to be a little more serious about it. He was being spared punishment for the most part but he needed to know they were serious.

"Katashi is probably a good choice, I'm not sure that that Taro character is a very good influence," he said, shaking his head thinking about the shifter who had volunteered to help fix the shrine- the keeper's brother.

"He'll get over it," he said confidently, "Especially when he realizes how good he is at shifting."

Even if that could take a while.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:44 am
"Yes, hopefully." Salma nodded her head, figuring that now was better than nothing. "I should probably go find Obi now, and get it over with. It'll give him time to suck it up and start working on his new apprenticeship."

Salma sighed before leaving. "I think after this, the two of us are going to need a little time together..." She was expecting the worst, which wasn't the best thing, but she wanted to at least snuggle against her mate after dealing with the storm on the horizon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 am
"Alright," he said, smiling, "Good luck. I'll go and find Tama now, too."

Going to talk to Tama would go far better than Salma going to talk to Obi, he was sure, but he was still contributing this way.. even in a smaller way. In this situation, that was how it had to be, though.

"I'll meet you back at the den, then," he said, smiling reassuringly.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm
"Yes, I'll see you then."

Now she would have something to look forward to, and that would make it easier to deal with Obi and the unfortunate news she would bring him.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games