On a website called "Temple of the Jedi Force" I found a message about the "United Jedi Council." Having looked into it I think this could become something very good for many people and hopefully spread good word about the Jedi religion. At the moment most people think it's science fiction fans just dressing up in robes and playing with plastic swords, but it isn't.

As with almost every other religion, Jedi look and act just like normal people. We're just like everyone else, but our religion combines Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, and other philosophical groups with a theme inspired by them.

All you have to do is like this page to help the charity group grow.

Here is a copy of the original message...

Jedi Karen
A Jedi named Red Heron and I have created and paid for a non profit that this year will be going national. We have filed all of the paperwork needed. We are really for "real".

The non profit's cause is to service the community. Both online and offline. That means we can legally collect donations and give the money to groups that need it for special projects or upgrades or whatever. We will also help people who want to start their own Jedi non profit (it's harder than you think and you really do need help.

We are also going to start helping other non Jedi groups dedicated to helping those in needs.

I am asking you all to at least just look at us. I understand you may not want to join right away. Though membership is free and it opens this coming Monday. You do not have to believe in the non profit's ideas about Jediism to help us and the community out. You do not have to donate to join or help. But if you do help, we can give you a tax break.

There are lots of things we need help in so any skill or trick you have is much welcomed.

Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UnitedJediCouncil

If you want to do a tiny favor, just "like" our facebook page and that will add up to a lot of help.

Our main site (which we are working out a few tweaks): http://jediism.us/

Feel free to ask ANY questions you might have or concerns or even ideas for us.

This is for the Jedi community. I really want to make a difference and I think WE can!

Thank you in advance for any support. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.