Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]
Hello, TDM

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Piktra

Tipsy Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 pm
User Image

Hey everybody~
It's nice to see you all again. c:

First and foremost, I would like to wholeheartedly apologize to all of last year's Team Lung members.
I really failed hard at leading the team.
My granddad was diagnosed with lung cancer shortly after I volunteered to lead its team, and things got a little hectic in my life.
I probably should've passed on leadership to someone else, but some silly part of me kept feeling like doing that would be giving up on my grandfather.
Despite this, I couldn't really do much towards it because it just felt too weird.

I hope you guys aren't too miffed at me, and I hope to spend this April hanging out with you guys and joining in most, if not all, the events.

Happy Daffodil Month, everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 pm
**jumps around waving**

HELLO!!

Well I wasn't in Team Lung last year. My lovely dad died of cancer, it started in his kidneys and spread to his lungs - so usually I join Lung, but last year there was a Team Kidney, so I swapped allegiance to there. (It was a fairly dead team itself - but I think most people understand about RL interfering with internets time).

How is your grandad, did he make it through?

Will see you around in Team Lung this year, I'm sure.

heart  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:21 am
After waiting almost 2 weeks and still no thread for my team, I feel all I can do now is ignore the the whole thing this year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Kreiystahl
After waiting almost 2 weeks and still no thread for my team, I feel all I can do now is ignore the the whole thing this year.
Oh dear - which team are you waiting for?  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm
September Wolf
Kreiystahl

Team Breast... I join every year. And usually the thread is up by mid to late march. With half the month gone, I just do not see it happening.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 am
Kreiystahl
September Wolf
Kreiystahl

Team Breast... I join every year. And usually the thread is up by mid to late march. With half the month gone, I just do not see it happening.

I apologize for whatever may have caused you confusion, but Team Pink does indeed have a thread, and it has been up since the beginning of the month.

Here it is!

In the future, please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your concerns if you think something is amiss!  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 am
Eggfish

Eggy, anybody would be distraught in that situation! Grief makes you do silly things. You do not have to worry about us. Never forget that the movement is here in order to be something positive, and never something negative. Real life and your real relationships are far more important. *huggles*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 am
Blaizekit
Kreiystahl
September Wolf
Kreiystahl

I apologize for whatever may have caused you confusion, but Team Pink does indeed have a thread, and it has been up since the beginning of the month.

Here it is!

In the future, please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your concerns if you think something is amiss!

Every time I checked I do not find it before.
Thank you heart

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

GuardFrog

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:43 am
Eggfish
User Image

Hey everybody~
It's nice to see you all again. c:

First and foremost, I would like to wholeheartedly apologize to all of last year's Team Lung members.
I really failed hard at leading the team.
My granddad was diagnosed with lung cancer shortly after I volunteered to lead its team, and things got a little hectic in my life.
I probably should've passed on leadership to someone else, but some silly part of me kept feeling like doing that would be giving up on my grandfather.
Despite this, I couldn't really do much towards it because it just felt too weird.

I hope you guys aren't too miffed at me, and I hope to spend this April hanging out with you guys and joining in most, if not all, the events.

Happy Daffodil Month, everyone!

I for one, think you did a great job. People were talking to each other and giving support to one another. What's important is that you cared enough to be involved in it all.

I would really love to know more about your grandfather (:  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:48 pm
I may not be as active as past years, due to my own health issues.

Kreiystahl

9,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Piktra

Tipsy Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:17 am
User Image

Oh man, I really need to be more active!
School is being mean to me. D:
SeptemberWolf

DD:
I'm so sorry!
Cancer really sucks. There aren't many other ways of putting it. I mean, saying it always seems inadequate, but, honestly, it feels the most accurate.

No, he didn't, in the end.
Surprisingly, I wasn't all that sad. I love my granddad, but he was 84 and I was already mentally prepped for it, in a way. That and the fact that, even now, it hasn't really sunk in. I didn't seem him very often, so it's like I have to keep reminding myself.

Yeah~!
I look forward to it. c:

Blaizekit

Yeah, I know~
I was just really looking forward to leading last year, and felt like I'd made a blunder of it. Ah well. >Huggles back< Thanks, though~ ♥

GuardFrog

Awww!
Thanks, Froggie.
>Hugs<
We had a good team last year.
Small, but good. >Nods<

He was pretty awesome and ridiculously silly. c:

Kreistahl

Awwww! D:
I'm sorry to hear that.
I hope you can still come chat, nonetheless.
Feel better, okay?

Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff