View Results

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:41 pm
It may not be much of an opinion, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in (for whatever it may be worth). I just like the fact that the advert company is making fun of tourists. Sharks in the pool? That's a deliberate joke toward anyone outside of Oz. I like it. 4laugh

Overall, however, I have to say it's a good ad. I'm glad it didn't show much of the cities of Australia. From an outsider's point of view, Melb and Syd are given too much focus anytime something geared toward tourism comes out. It's all about 'come see our major cities, they're so lively'. It's as though a lot of attention is taken away from the Outback because it's mostly desert and a majority of people would consider that boring and mundane (I'd call it an adventure based on what little I know of it).

And in the end it comes down to this, it gets Australia more attention, as it deserves. It's such an out-of-the-way place that anyone outside of it really knows little to nothing about it, and that's incredibly unfortunate. Sure, you guys have been greatly influenced by countries like the US lately, but there's still plenty of wildness left in the land, her wildlife and her peoples to make it one of the better places to visit and learn about.

Okay ... I'm done ... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm
WarriorShadow
I would like to be the first to point out that this add would be breaching PG13 laws if it was Aired.

It contains an Image of a n****e. That is right, a n****e.

In the scene where the Bikini girl goes "So where the bloody hell are you"
Her right n****e is visable for about half a second.

Not much you say, It was enough for me to Bloody notice, that has got to count.

*goes to watch it more*

i noticed that too. they should be making an uproar about that not about the swearing. god. bloody hell  

hotness2thetrotness

passionberry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 am
It was banned from Britain for a while, now after alot of complaints its getting reviewed again, all this from peep pressure....  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:21 pm
that face rulles(:
(;  

sonofniloc

sonofniloc

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:23 pm
hotness2thetrotness
WarriorShadow
I would like to be the first to point out that this add would be breaching PG13 laws if it was Aired.

It contains an Image of a n****e. That is right, a n****e.

In the scene where the Bikini girl goes "So where the bloody hell are you"
Her right n****e is visable for about half a second.

Not much you say, It was enough for me to Bloody notice, that has got to count.

*goes to watch it more*

i noticed that too. they should be making an uproar about that not about the swearing. god. bloody hell

oh god who cares about any of those bloudy things?  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff