Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
The Sims 3 Crashes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm
It happens every time I open it back up after it minimizes. And, my computer tends to minimize quite often (dumb things like Norton decide they want to pop up, which forces my Sims to minimize, or I'll accidentally, but not often, hit the windows button). Right now I'm reinstalling it, but I want to know if anyone knows a way to fix this just in case it still happens. It only really crashes after having been minimized, and no other time.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 am
Are you playing full screen or windowed mode?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm
Full screen. A few hours after posting this, I remembered you can disable the full screen (I don't look through the options too much). *sighs* I hate the small screen of it, but it'll have to do. Thank you (:  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 pm
I play in windowed mode so that I can view the interent at the same time but the game still fills my screen other than the task bar across the bottom.
Have you tried changing the game resolution in the options too?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Windowed mode isn't that bad once you get used to it. But I have it one the default setting that the game comes with, I find that making it bigger gives it an annoying stretch that I just don't like. Yes, I have, nothing really helps. I hear a lot of people have problems with the Sims 3 crashing, EA really needs to fix this. The game is awesome, but there are too many bugs.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games