[FIN] Strength in numbers (N'Seka Taya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm
User ImageToday was an oddly good-bad day. The weather wasn't too bad; the sun warmed his back without trying to make him melt. But the bad part was that his lungs were really bothering him today. He could feel each breath in a rather unpleasant way, and he had a feeling things would turn even worse the minute he started coughing (and he would). In an effort to make the best of the situation he decided to go visit the healers and see what they could do. He wasn't a big fan of having to go there, but there was always a chance of meeting his mother or sister and that sweetened the deal somewhat.

Family was important to N'Seka, and some day he hoped to raise his own. He had managed to survive until adulthood after all, so everything was possible. His adoptive mother Yejide had done a terrific job, raising not one but two large litters of cubs to adulthood. It couldn't have been easy to handle two litters so close in age.

As he reached the area where most healers worked he started coughing, and it was every bit as bad as he had feared.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:36 pm
User Image Taya was, herself, having a remarkably good day. A great one, in fact. She hadn't coughed in the least, and it seemed like she was getting better. The notion was always there, though, that this was just a small reprieve. She didn't sugar coat things, even with herself. She was still ill, and it was simply a matter of time before she started again. What she found strange, though, was that she seemed to get better after her run-in with that long-eared god with the bat temper. Was he secretly a healing god, encroaching on Pestilence's territory and telling a lie about his domain to protect himself? Or was he truly the God of the Cursed? She didn't keep herself up at night wondering about that, with more important issues at paw.

A cough reached her ears, as she was studying a plant she'd started to cultivate near a pool of water. When she looked up, gold eyes landed on the dominantly-black form of her adopted brother, N'Seka. The bone-faced lioness rose to her paws, padding over to him. "Is the sickness bothering you more today, N'Seka..? I think I still have some soothing plant left you can chew on to help your throat..."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 pm
Andranis

Among all his siblings Taya resembled his mother the most. She had even followed her paw steps and devoted herself to healing. When he was younger he had sometimes ganged up with his older brothers and played pranks on her, Litahti or Layla. He was pretty sure he had messed with his brothers too, but teasing the girls were somehow more memorable.

"Taya," he said and beamed at her, trying not to cough, "I'm glad you found me first. Some of your colleagues can be a bit..."

He trailed off, not really willing to badmouth the other healers. He was sure they were all competent, that wasn't the problem, but the level of bedside manner varied...

"Ah..." he continued, changing the subject, "Something for my throat would be great, thanks. The Goddess clearly wants me to think about her today."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm
Digging in her bag, Taya only chuckled. "A bit brash? I know... That's part of the reason I treat MYSELF so much..." She glanced in the general direction of the nearest fellow healer, then turned back to her bag. After a moment, she pulled out a bit of a plant and offered it to him. "Here, chew on this, it relieves the throat. Just don't swallow the plant, or you might die a lot sooner than later." As much as they suffered... She couldn't imagine anybody in the pride wanted to die THAT fast. What was the point in trying to survive, then, if they died from a plant meant to help them?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am
Andranis

He didn't feel as bad when his sister also admitted avoiding some of her healer colleagues. And then N'Seka's eyes widened at Taya's casual warning and he watched the piece of vegetation with narrowed eyes. A moment ago it had seemed perfectly harmless... It still looked pretty the same, but he had no desire to die just because he couldn't stand a bit of coughing.

"You're kidding, right?" he asked, looking slightly nervous, "Could that thing really kill me?"

Pumbaa'Mlinzi had told him about a root that could make a grown lion keel over, but he had honestly thought that his friend was just pulling his tail.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:43 pm
"If you swallow the leaves, yes. Just make sure you spit it out when the saliva gets to be too much." She offered it up to him, eyes reflecting seriousness. Then she turned and spit to the side, proving she was chewing some herself. She then tilted her head, regarding her brother. "So tell me something... Have any girls caught your eye yet?" Maybe a girl who was immune... Then she'd be able to pass the immunity on to their cubs and provide a greater chance of cubs who weren't sick. She thought for a moment of the gold-coated rogue she'd run into at the border and wondered if their little tryst had not only produced cubs, but maybe even immune cubs. And then the thought filled her with dread at the god returning. She wasn't looking forward to that moment.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:27 pm
Andranis

N'Seka accepted the herb, after a bit of hesitation. Had it been another healer he might have tried to decline politely, but it was Taya! His sister wouldn't try to kill him. He had only chewed a couple of times, and then he wasn't so sure she wouldn't try to kill him, because her question made him choke on the plant. After a cough, and some embarrassed mumbling around the plant he manouvered the half chewed plant to one cheek and tried again.

"I..." he coughed again, but probably more out of embarrassment than anything else. The plant actually seemed to help, "Wow... This does help."

It wasn't the first time he'd been asked about girls in more or less blunt ways. Taya was at least nice about it. One of the older priests that would soon join Lady Pestilence had just told N'Seka that he should hurry up and pair up with someone so he could produce cubs before he was called. It was well meant he supposed, but also a bit unsettling. Especially since it was true. He didn't know how long time the Goddess would give him.

It was just... When he started to come of age N'Seka had been busy learning how to be a priest, and... well... being sick. Courting hadn't been the first thing on his mind. He had looked at girls of course, but not... Not really like that. And he was pretty sure his sister didn't mean just innocent looking.

"I don't know," he finally said and shuffled his feet, "I was thinking of maybe going to a Matchmaker."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:00 pm
Annchen

"A good place to start... The Matchmaker could find you a really nice girl..." She sifted through her bag, adjusting where everything was. "Maybe an immune girl..." She chuckled just a bit, then let out a rattling sigh. "I think I'll be blunt, though... I didn't look in the pride to father a litter..." She sat down, scratching an itch for a moment. "When my first litter arrives... They'll have outside blood in them. Maybe... They'll have some immunity. More immunity, and we have a chance at repenting... Right...?" Taya wouldn't lie... She was afraid. For the pride, for her future cubs... For a lot of things. What was the future to hold for them?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:12 pm
Andranis

"I'll trust our Lady when it comes to this," he said, "And the matchmaker of course. If they deem an immune girl is what's best for me I'll accept that."

The immune pride members were few and far between, and he was torn between envying them their freedom and pitying them since the lady ignored them. N'Seka recognized the fear and uncertainty in his sister's eyes. It was hard, not knowing what the future had in store for them. He was getting better at handing over his worries to lady Pestilence, and trust in her, but he still had to fight his own fear at times.

"New blood is good," he said, admiring his sister's resolve. She was stronger than him, he couldn't imagine trying to meet an outsider. Taking the step to speak to a matchmaker was scary enough, "It'll keep us strong, and hopefully it will please our lady."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am
Annchen
OhgodI'msosorry gonk My muse is all over the place and not where I want it gonk

Taya smiled, a genuine one. "It is, isn't it...? I hope our Lady blesses this litter so we may continue on as a pride." For now, she'd put her fears aside. There were lions in the pride who needed to be tended to, and Taya wasn't keen on letting them suffer. She rose back to her paws and stretched a bit, hearing some satisfying pops along her spine. Oh, that felt good... "I think it's time to head back to the pride's center... There's some cubs I wanted to check on, make sure they're okay..." It was always the smallest who suffered the most, it seemed... Taya'd be amazed if any of the ill reached old age.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm
Andranis

N'Seka nodded, he didn't want to keep his sister from her important work. He decided to include Taya in his prayers to Lady Pestilence. It was brave of her to consider bringing in outside blood. Inspired, he decided to seek out a matchmaker as soon as he could. Athair perhaps, since he was fairly close to N'Seka in age. It would be easier to approach a younger male about it.

"You do that," N'Seka said, "I think I'll rest here for a while, and then I might be able to tend to some of my own duties."

His work might even find him here. There were mind healers to tend to the needs of the ill lions, but some still preferred to talk to a priest. He rose to see Taya off, and gave her an affectionate head butt.

"See you later sis," he said and stifled a cough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 pm
Annchen

She gave her brother a smile. "You take care, too, N'Seka. And good luck on that mate front! And remember... Spit when the saliva gets to be too much and do NOT swallow that plant!" She then turned, carrying off on her way to tend the cubs. There were sure to be a few raw throats today.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items