Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 am
Kamal
Kamal sighed as he looked up at the sky on his back. His head was poking out of the den, but the rest of him wasn't. It was like he couldn't figure out if he wanted to come or go. It was a nice day, but it was hot. Momma was out, but the den was cool and he could nap. He could go swimming, but he'd just be even hotter once he came out of the water. Choices were not his forte. Not at all. He was one of the most indecisive boys ever. His sky blue eyes were half cast, in thought or tiredness, he didn't know. It could go either way.

Raising a paw to the sky, he opened and closed it, like he wanted to get the clouds. "Why is it so hot already?" he asked loudly to no one. He thought he was alone. Frowning, the blue club flipped himself over and stretched out, feeling his back pop a few times. Aylin was in the den napping, but she was a hard sleeper so his talking wouldn't stir her.

Khozar
Khozar had been relaxing in the sun with his eyes closed, just soaking up the light and heat when his brother made his loud inquiry. Upon hearing him Khozar opened one eye and fixed it on his blue and stripey sibling.

"Because the sun's been up for hours and hours. That's not even a hard question," he replied. He was too young to interpret questions as anything but literal. Certainly the concept of a rhetorical question was beyond him.

He sometimes played a game, mostly with himself, wherein he had to ask and answer questions as quickly as possible. It didn't matter if the answers made perfect sense or were perfectly correct. It was more important that he answered quickly and in such a way that it seemed like he was correct.

"Why haven't we seen our father?" he asked. It was a question he asked himself a lot and had yet to come up with a satisfying answer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 am
Kamal
When his brother answered that question, Kamal could only roll his eyes and snort. Of course it would be Khozar that answered the question literally. Well he knew that answer. Looking up at his brother, he sighed and shook his head a little bit more. "I knew that, Khozar. It wasn't a real question to be answered. It was just me complaining." Sticking out his tongue at his brother, the blue cub sighed heavily and looked around.

"I think it's cause he comes home late at night and leaves before everyone else wakes up. Why else would it be?" It wasn't like a father would just leave his cubs, right? So Kamal had faith that their dad was just busy with pride work and one day they would see him. He didn't even know what their father looked like. It was a strange thing to think about, given his answer, but it was what he told himself so he didn't feel alone and left out.

"Why do you ask? Did you hear something?"

Khozar
"You do that a lot," Khozar observed. "Why do your complaints always sound like questions?"

Oh, yes. Khozar liked questions. When he got older, he would likely ask far more than his parent would want to answer. It was a habit he would probably keep for his whole life as long as it wasn't discouraged in a cruel or violent manner. At least violence wasn't likely with his parents, but cruelty...well.

"That's how we never see him, but it's not why. I think there's something else. I don't think he wants to see us, or wants us to see him."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:16 am
Kamal
"Because I can ask questions," he replied sarcastically, huffing a bit more. Sometimes he got easily annoyed with how many questions Khozar would try to answer, or even asked. It was really annoying when he'd first wake up in the morning and Khozar comes out of no where. A lot like now, actually.

"Why wouldn't he wan to see us? He's our dad. He's just busy with pride work. That's why we haven't seen him. He's busy keeping us safe and fed." Nothing would shake that unless it came from his own mother. He was an avid supporter and believer that their dad was like everyone else's. That he loved them no matter what and one day, he would come to them and play with them. That would be fun!

"Maybe if we ask momma she can take us to him while he's working! We could see what he does."

Khozar
Khozar didn't think that was the real answer, but he wasn't going to press the matter. It wasn't the most important part of their conversation and it wasn't the most important question Khozar wanted answered. And Khozar really did want an answer to his question about their father. Their mother kept them close and obviously loved them a lot, but he wanted to know more about the lion who had given them their stripes.

"What kind of pride work? What does he do He must work really far away if he has to leave so early and comes back so late." Khozar wasn't so trusting. He'd seen other dads with their cubs as they passed the den, and he knew that if their dad did have work that kept him away, it wasn't the usual task of a pad in the pride.

"We could always do that," he allowed. But he still had doubts. Their mother wouldn't take them away them from the rest of their siblings, not even with Banu Aylin to help look after them, and she didn't really like them going too far from the den, either.

He did want to believe the fiction Kamal had manufactured though, and so he said hopefully, "Maybe later today, so we can all walk home with him."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am
Kamal
He hadn't thought about walking home with him. Kamal's blue eyes closed as he pictued it and nodded. It was hard to picture it when he wasn't sure what his dad looked like, but he could imagine! Imagination is something Kamal was not short on. He liked to live in some kind of fairy tail land where his parents were happy and Aylin wasn't there. He felt like Aylin was useless. She was getting fat and stayed asleep most of the day. Banu were supposed to help each other with cubs. Not eat and sleep. That was the cubs' job.

"Maybe! Until then, what should we do? It's not like we can go too far from the den. Momma won't like that. It makes it hard to play with the other cubs, too." Kamal pouted at that. There were some boys he wanted to play with and some girls he wanted to tease. He'd only seen them from afar and didn't know their names. He was jealous of the freedom they had. Don't get him wrong, Kamal loved his mommy to pieces. He was a huge momma's boy, but he wanted to play!

Khozar
"Well we probably should do something really good and useful that will make mama happy with us so she'll be more likely to let us go visit our father later," Khozar replied, once again managing to misinterpret his brother's question and what he was really asking. He'd get better at this as he got older.

"But I don't really feel like doing that. Let's see if we can get Aylin to tell us more about the rogue lands."

In truth, the rogue lands didn't hold very much interest for Khozar. He asked lots of questions, but he didn't want to go out and have adventures. He was mostly content to soak up the sun and occasionally tussle with his brothers if they insisted. Still, he knew his dreamy brother would probably enjoy that and it would help to pass the time.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 am
Kamal
"But Aylin's sleeping. You know we shouldn't wake her up for something like that." Kamal frowned and then looked about, sighing. Maybe he could talk his brother into going swimming instead. The day was hot and only going to get hotter, he had a feeling. Stretching out, he shivered and then looked about.

"Khozar, we should swim instead. Let her sleep. We can ask her about it later.." The blue male often got uncomfortable when talking about their father. He wanted to believe what he made up. He was afraid that their father just left them completely. It comforted him and made him feel like they were a normal family. That's all he wanted, was to be normal. Part of a happy family. Their mother always seemed so sad, but he didn't question it. He just tried to make her feel better.

Khozar
"She's always sleeping," Khozar grumbled. "It's no wonder she's so fat. She should get up and do more things."

Not that he didn't spent a lot of time asleep himself, but that was different. He was a cub and cubs were supposed to sleep all the time. Banu were supposed to be useful. Hunting, cleaning, looking after cubs. All those sorts of things.

"Swimming?" Khozar said, switching subjects with a smirk. "If you can get mum to agree to it, I'll come with you. But you have to find her and ask. I'll wait."

And while Kamal was off doing that, maybe Khozar could catch a few more minutes' sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 am
Kamal
Frowning when his brother said that about Aylin, he rolled his eyes. It was one thing to think it and another to say it. "That's rather rude..." He murmured to himself before rolling his eyes. Whatever, He had a feeling Khozar took after their dad despite never having met him. "Anyway... I'll go find mom and ask her, I guess. You're obviously too chicken to do it with me."

The blue cub stretched out again and grunted. Tail flicking this way and that, he smirked and looked around. "Which way did she go? I was sleeping when she left..."

Khozar
"But it's true," Khozar argued. He didn't see why it should be considered rude for him to tell the truth. It's not like he'd said it to Aylin herself. She wasn't even awake to hear him say it.

He didn't want to admit that Kamal's assertion that he was a chicken bothered him. But it did. He couldn't stop himself from defending himself with a certain amount of wounded dignity: "And I'm not chicken. I'm keeping watch. It's important and necessary for any sort of secret mission. Especially secret missions that are against the rules. You might need me to cover for you, you know."

In truth, Khozar had no idea which way their mother had gone, but admitting that would mean Kamal would hang around longer and Khozar was still sleepy. So he lied. "She went that way a little bit ago."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 am
Kamal
"What do you mean, secret mission? We're just asking to go swimming." He rolled his eyes and snorted a little bit more before sighing. Khozar was a weirdo. Sighing a little more, Kamal looked the direction he pointed and tilted his head a bit more. Well, if she went that way that's the way he would go. He had no reason to think his brother would lie to him about this.

"Alright, alright. I'll be back in a bit with an answer. Or maybe I'll just go swimming without you." He stuck his tongue out and grinned a bit more before laughing. "See you later, Khozar!" With that, the blue male took off, a huge grin on his face. He was going to go swimming without his brother. It was rare that he got to do anything, but nap, by himself with his momma. Everyone knew Kamal was a huge momma's boy, so it was natural he'd want to spend time with mom.

Khozar
Some people just had no imagination, Khozar reflected. Kamal going off to find their mum could be a secret mission if he chose to think of it that way. Only the two of them knew about it, after all, and what more was needed for a secret other than for few people to know about it? It was a concept Khozar was still working on understanding, obviously.

"Right. Whatever you say," Khozar said with a smile that barely managed not to be smug. Either way he won.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games