Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Grief that Never Fades (Peke x Dumu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:24 pm
"Peke," the raven called after the visibly unhinged lion. "Peke! I'm sorry!" He cried trying desperately to catch up with the much faster lion. He hadn't meant to bring up the past but with the appearance of the raven attached to Mchawi had left him with little option than to bring her to the seer. He knew his bonded understood, but it didn't mean that it hadn't brought up painful memories.

Suddenly the feline stopped, turning towards his avian companion with narrowed eyes that showed his pain. "Stop," he said forcefully. Nguvu flapped his wings to hover in the air before him. "Please," he continued, swallowing dryly. "I just need time on my own," he insisted slowly looking. He sighed, shaking his head then looked up. "I know I should talk and share with you, but I just need to be on my own for a while, it's how I deal with my grief."

The albino raven sighed, shaking his head. "Peke, you know that hasn't worked for you well..." he trailed off when he caught the sadness in the male's blue eyes. "Fine but please stop shutting me out."

"..." Peke didn't respond, instead he turned tail and ran off.

The raven sighed once more, they were bonded to each other and still Peke chose to keep so much distance between the two of them. Something never really changed.

Peke moved swiftly across the lands, his heart pounding against his chest as though it wanted nothing more than to burst from it. Suddenly he stopped running, chest heaving as he breathed heavily and he felt the tears start to wet his face. He collapsed to the ground, curling into a tight ball, and allowed him this one moment of weakness.

He allowed himself to cry over the grief that still plagued him.

He let himself cry over his sister's death.

So much time had passed since he was a cub but the pain had never left.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 pm
Large paws crossed the ground with silent precision. With his belly low to the ground, his bright blue eyes watched above him as he stalked his prey. Closer and closer he got below the dark bird, getting ready to pounce.

It was time! He sprang up on his back feet, flying straight at her. "Gotcha!" He called as he pounced on Kwepa and knocking her into the grass with a thud.

"Dumu!" She called as she hit the soft grass, wiggling out of the large lions paws. "What are you doing?" she said as she fluttered up to a nearby branch.

"Oh come on Kwepa, I was just having some fun." He laughed lightly.

He looked over at the familiar form of of his brother. But, why was he lying like that?

"Peke?" He walked over to him, and placed a paw on his back. "Peke, whats wrong?" He never saw his brother cry. Even when they lost his parents and sister, he was always the strong one. He was the one Dumu would look up to when things were tough. Why was he crying?  

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm
Peke didn't respond at first, he hadn't heard the call of his brother over his sobs. It wasn't until Dumu placed a paw on his back that he made any sort of response. His entire body tensed and reflexively his claws extended, digging into the ground, as his head snapped up. It took him a minute to realize that it was no intruder, no one that wished him harm. Instead it was his brother and though his body remained tense his claws retracted.

"Dumu." His brother's name came out harsher than he had intended. His sour expression softened slightly as he looked at the older male. "What are you doing here?" He asked cautiously, swallowing as he tried to control the shakiness of his voice. His breathing was haggard from the sobs and his blue eyes were red and puffy from the sobs. In truth, Peke looked like quite the mess.

"I'm..." he paused, inhaling and exhaling deeply. "I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." A lie, but that didn't matter right? His brother couldn't see through it as clearly as Peke could. Right? It was laughable, his poor attempt at trying to dodge the question he knew would be coming. Peke didn't cry, he never cried. He only felt emotions deeply, they never rose to the surface. Except now.

He sighed, deciding it wasn't worth attempting to keep Dumu in the dark. His brother had always been the pushy one. He'd pester until Peke caved, it was always how he got Kuruka to do anything. "I just miss her. So much."

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games