Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:03 am
Soo...

I A Walking Paradox I and I have been talking a lot recently about future events for a reboot, which is rumored to be in the making (again it's just a rumor), and as such we find the strangest s**t when we prowl the internet.

Para for instance found this...and I think...

I was a little...

xD I kinda didn't know what to think. So apparently Raziel is an excellent tap dancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5skD2vruXEI  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 pm
Well, that was.... bizarre... And yet, oddly funny...

I'm just left feeling kind of confused...  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 pm
Haven't the rumors been in play for at least five years?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Lieutenant Turel

Well yes...but I'm not jus talking about the rumors.

XD check out the video!  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm
Lieutenant Turel

I'm hearing them from a growing number of sources so there may actually be some truth to them now.

I can get the links but I'm lazy atm so it would have to wait till Monday.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm
I'm curious to know who would replace Tony Jay. He voiced many characters, after all. Squiddy's not the same without him.  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I'm curious to know who would replace Tony Jay. He voiced many characters, after all. Squiddy's not the same without him.

But did you check out the video Rel? :3

Razzles. He tapdances.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:02 pm
In all honesty? I don't care abouyt the tap dancing thing. If the series is going to get a reboot it needs to retain a serious image by licensed producers or distributors. Fan made stuff is fine, but I've been seeing too many "quirky" or "cutesy" LoK stuff.  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm
Lieutenant Turel
In all honesty? I don't care abouyt the tap dancing thing. If the series is going to get a reboot it needs to retain a serious image by licensed producers or distributors. Fan made stuff is fine, but I've been seeing too many "quirky" or "cutesy" LoK stuff.

Well as a LoK guild, I know we maintain a serious image but at the same time I think we can have a little bit of fun.

Silliness aside with the tap dancing I thought Raziel's graphic design was actually pretty good.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 pm
Graphical improvements would be great. I must ask though- what systems would a game be best on? I'm a PC gamer only so I'd want to make sure there is a good port. Likely it would be Xbox, PS3, PC. What systems do Eidos/Crystal Dynamics normally work with, though?  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Graphical improvements would be great. I must ask though- what systems would a game be best on? I'm a PC gamer only so I'd want to make sure there is a good port. Likely it would be Xbox, PS3, PC. What systems do Eidos/Crystal Dynamics normally work with, though?

I would say either X-Box or PS3. Then again they could do what they did with Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. They made it JUST for the PSP. That made me angry.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm
Honestly, I fear they'd lose too many people by not making PC port. Most gamers 20+ (the ones who will remember it) that take gaming both seriously and casually are PC gamers. And I'd rather not get an illegal port. That would be mean.  

Lieutenant Turel

I A Walking Paradox I

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm
A reboot would be nice, it just depends on which direction it will take. I agree with the graphical improvements, but what about the gameplay? I'd imagine it would be an improvement for old gamers familiar with the games while different for newcomers. The puzzles have always clunged to me when I played SR, SR2 and Defiance - except for the repetitive block puzzles in the first SR game. D: (I would actually play through Kain's story if given the chance by the way, but obtaining a copy is difficult and Amazon is high with the price.)

What makes me curious about is the art direction it will take. If, and I mean "IF", a reboot is in the works, I hope the art design will take an interesting direction. And not take away what made the characters memorable.

As for it being a port well, someone pointed out that it would be an XBLA title, but I digress. I remember Castlevania: Harmony of Despair originally being only an XBLA until it finally made it to the PS3 that can be purchased on PSN that following year. I agree with Turel though, if the game is not muilti-platform as its predecessors, then they'd lose too many people if they developed a game exclusively for one console.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm
LoK isn't exactly owned by Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony so reaching to as many platforms that can handle the series is best. As much as I adore my Wii, I don't think it's motion detection hardware is meant for the puzzles. Zelda gets away with it because, let's face it- it's Zelda. And Nintendo will have all my money when it comes to that franchise.

LoK has so much to it that would need to be recreated. One big thing that drew me to the franchise was the consistent complexity of the story. It was bizarre but for the most part the time travel thing didn't leave too many unanswered questions (that it could have, at least. BO2 is a question in itself).

Voice acting is actually my big concern. We have no Tony Jay.  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff