• Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm
Kain Balance Guardian
crying I got distracted by the gargoyle ones... crying

They're all pretty badass. : D  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:19 am
I think so too. I actually liked how Demona came out. They look better than the actual figures which came out at the time they played the cartoon. I wished the person did one of Brooklyn (he was favorite Gargoyle =w=) and Bronx.

Gargoyles, Legacy of Kain... Damn, I think it would be quite the crossover.  

I A Walking Paradox I

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 am
I A Walking Paradox I
I think so too. I actually liked how Demona came out. They look better than the actual figures which came out at the time they played the cartoon. I wished the person did one of Brooklyn (he was favorite Gargoyle =w=) and Bronx.

XD it's all associated around Monsters and Magic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:52 am
MadxHatterxTeapot
I A Walking Paradox I

XD it's all associated around Monsters and Magic.

It is. xD But not just monsters and magic. Gargoyles had many elements often based on several mythologies (Norse, Greek, Egyptian etc.. Even the creators got inspiration from Shakespeare's plays) and put them together in the form of characters, location and relics. I also think it's the only serious animated series made by Disney that had a dark tone with complex story arcs and melodrama.  

I A Walking Paradox I

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:53 pm
I A Walking Paradox I

Would be easy enough to crossover them too. Just use the same type of thing that got them to Avalon... scary place for Goliath, Elisa, & Angelia to come out of that fog at...

Hmm...thinking back to Soul Reaver, weren't there giant smoke stacks designed to make it dark so the vampires could go out in day light? Would those stacks work for Gargoyles too so they wouldn't turn to stone?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 pm
Samt03
I A Walking Paradox I

Would be easy enough to crossover them too. Just use the same type of thing that got them to Avalon... scary place for Goliath, Elisa, & Angelia to come out of that fog at...

Hmm...thinking back to Soul Reaver, weren't there giant smoke stacks designed to make it dark so the vampires could go out in day light? Would those stacks work for Gargoyles too so they wouldn't turn to stone?

Its possible, seeing that Gargoyles are unable to venture out during the day and are turn into stone until sunset. But with the smoke stacks shrouding the skies in darkness, they can roam freely without rushing back to their spots at sunrise. And Demona would not lose her Gargoyle features or turn into a human in the daytime despite the curse.

Now if Goliath, Elisa and Angela ended up in Nosgoth by the Phoenix Gate's powers, and meet Kain, Goliath and Angela might confuse him for their own kind. xD In a way, his appearance in the Soul Reaver games and Defiance kind of reminds me of a gargoyle except without the wings and tail and that he doesn't walk on his toes.  

I A Walking Paradox I

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:18 pm
I A Walking Paradox I
Samt03
I A Walking Paradox I

Its possible, seeing that Gargoyles are unable to venture out during the day and are turn into stone until sunset. But with the smoke stacks shrouding the skies in darkness, they can roam freely without rushing back to their spots at sunrise. And Demona would not lose her Gargoyle features or turn into a human in the daytime despite the curse.

Now if Goliath, Elisa and Angela ended up in Nosgoth by the Phoenix Gate's powers, and meet Kain, Goliath and Angela might confuse him for their own kind. xD In a way, his appearance in the Soul Reaver games and Defiance kind of reminds me of a gargoyle except without the wings and tail and that he doesn't walk on his toes.

I could almost see them more mistaking Raziel as a gargoyle, even with torn wings. He's an odd color, and has torn wings; as long as he kept his mouth covered he could pass for one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 am
*comes to the discussion late sweatdrop *

These are really great models! I particularly liked the Vorador one.

And the Gargoyles! heart I was a massive fan of that show when I was a kid! I seem to remember I even wanted to be one! xd  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Nathaniel Liir

Predestined Backpacker

9,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:00 pm
Samt03
I A Walking Paradox I
Samt03
I A Walking Paradox I

I could almost see them more mistaking Raziel as a gargoyle, even with torn wings. He's an odd color, and has torn wings; as long as he kept his mouth covered he could pass for one.

@Sam: Oh yeah, your right. =3 As for Raziel's ghastly figures, Goliath, Elisa and Angela wouldn't appalled by his features. Perhaps shocking, but not out of fright.

That reminds me, couple months ago, I found a pic with drawn sketches of the LOK characters drawn in the dark style used in the Gargoyles cartoon which I thought was cool.

@BlueTabby: The Vorador figure is my favorite. At first, I thought it was an actual figure from NECA (spotted him on Google Image) but it was custom made. He looks so well detailed, all of them do.

Gargoyles was one my favorite cartoon to watch on Disney along with Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dale. (etc.) XD or whatever it was called used to play Gargoyles every midnight but haven't since then. >:  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games