Submit

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:21 pm
Late as always, with no regard for time or urgency, Gao approached the entrance of the theatre, meeting up with a rather official-looking Fire Nation official. Just a random chance, like all things. Gao touched his shoulder and shook his head. "Sorry friend, but I think the theatre's closed tonight. You'd better go home."

Naturally, the governor was rather irritated. Who was this man in simple rags to tell him that he could't go to the shows that he had always enjoyed? After a short protest of his position, Gao only held a hand up to stop him. "Yes, I know, finer things of life, theatre, wine, blah, blah, blah."

Pointing out to the beach, the sun was already setting. "You want a show? Look around...or stay here. Your choice." With the last line, Gao clenched a fist, flexing a mass of muscle that was his forearm and letting the official run off to find some other entertainment. Pushing open the door, he made his way into the dim room and moved quietly, carried by his naturally fluttery-way of walking as an airbender. Light and people on stage? It could only be the cohorts that summoned him here.

Gao looked dreadfully out of place among the group. Many of them were very attractive in their own respects, intimidating, professional, the list of adjectives went on. However, here was Gao in ragged and simple clothing, colors barely matching. Bits of dried blood on the shirt, pants torn a bit up at the bottoms. Gao himself had a few bruises and a missing tooth here and there, though not in places immediately noticeable. "Hey there, family. What's good?"

Very late, and very uncaring, Gao Wei awaited a response.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TABTABThrough sheer force of willpower Anika had remained silent for a very long time. Even when Akira misunderstood the boulder she had sent flying at him as an attack she merely looked at him and shrugged apologetically. It's not like it hit him, no harm no foul. He'd get over it eventually. It'd be best if he did get past it soon in the event they were to be placed in the same group for an assassination. Anika needed to be able to trust her partners. If she was constantly worrying about Akira trying to get back at her she would be distracted from what they were supposed to do. The girl didn't have long to dwell on it because some one else popped out of the shadows and made herself known. Taisuke Otigara Ao did not exactly look like someone cut out for this job. She looked dainty and way too cute to brutally murder someone. Anika, just as she had done to Tikaani, did not hide her taking in every bit of Taisuke's appearance in. It caught her attention to hear that Taisuke was the Fire Lord's daughter. Did she know of her father's affiliation with the Gong Jen? Anika looked to Hakan with a smirk on her face and a devious glint to her eyes. This was an interesting development. The gorgeous girl from before was still at it with the fire bender. Anika watched them carefully, keeping in mind their peculiar stances and reactions to one another. The girl was oddly light on her feet for an earthbender, moving as fluidly as if she was not to be rooted to the ground and stomping all over the place. The boy was just as swift, leaping high into the air and coming down low for sweeps and kicks of all kinds. It was mildly entertaining, just enough to keep Anika watching for a bit.

TABTABHakan's voice brought a curious sideways glance out of Anika. If Taisuke was suddenly entirely turned off by the idea of possibly having to kill her own father that meant she was against them. She would know their faces and a part of their plan. Should she refuse, Anika was ready to strike. Instead of tensing and readying to spring like any pleb fighter, her body remained loose. She waited for the girl's response, almost wishing she would be apalled by what Kanno had said. But it never came. Instead Taisuke Ao expressed her willingness to see her father fall. That made Anika very curious. Was it jealousy? Was it a craving for the throne? Perhaps she had some daddy issues. Whatever it was Anika wanted to know. Once again her chance to dwell on the matter was cut short at her friend addressing the earthbender. So this wasn't a coincedence. Excitement shot through Anika when Hakan spoke. Was this girl to be apart of the Chen Rai? How wonderful! That meant she would see more of her. Salacious and lascivious thoughts ran rampant through her head until Hakan banged the proverbial gavel and called everyone together. Ban Shi Dan had momentarily captivated Anika, and this time it wasn't because she was nice to look at. She and her brother were pro benders? That explained the unorthodox fighting method at least. What didn't make sense to Nika was why they had chosen to come. They'd draw attention if they were seen, that was for sure. It became clear when Hakan talked of Suihara being the one behind this. If Ban Shi Dan knew Suihara that meant her being here was both because of her feelings towards the avatar and her ability. Anika felt as if she already made a new friend. After a beat of silence she noticed that no one left. Looks like they all locked in and were ready for the greatest adventure of their lives.

TABTABThen the newcomer came. Wait, was that a hobo?

TABTABRegardless of who that homeless nomad was, there were things to take care of. Hakan and the Chen Rei leaders were trusting Anika with their first mission; the assassination of the leader of the Water Tribes. Taka Shen was to die, so that Suihara could assume the role. Then they would have the full backing of them and slowly the world would come to agree with them. Anika pushed her hand in the air and shot off a blast of air, calling attention to herself. "Alright, nobody left. That means you're all in it to win it. Our first mission is the death of Taka Shen, better known as the guy who leads all the water tribe people. It does not matter how he is ended, so long as the deed is done. I myself shall be accompanying a group of you newcomers to the North for this particular task. Now, who wants to face a blood bending master of water?" Anika asked with a pleasant smile. She was not worried at all. Not only was it the new moon, but blood bending wasn't as easy as water benders wished it to be. She saw Hakan perform it on multiple occassions. It was taxing and required precision and set up. On top of it all, she was very unconcerned with getting herself into one of those specific situations in which she could be bended. Maybe one of the others assembled would, but they were expendable. At least in Anika's eyes. Those very eyes met the people assembled in turn, guaging their reaction and eagerness. Whoever volunteered for the first job would be rounded up and herded towards the boat the Chen Rai were gracious enough to provide them with. The others would be sent to various locations with their own deeds. Hakan was to embark on his own journey.

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

izeromus

Married Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Everything was no big surprise for Raian, this was no vacation, his sister's blindness was no accident, deep inside he knew that it had been no mere accident but he never felt like pressing questions onto her, he knew that the truth would have came out some day, the had lost a brother for all this and hat was already reason enough for Raian to want in. We will discuss this another time Ban, I wish to know more of this." He would say looking towards her in a serious manner, whatever was happening around them was almost as important and he would want to talk to his sister in private later on. "My name is Raian Hikaru, as all of you had most likely seen I am a Firebender and my younger sister has explained pretty much the rest... Any questions just feel free to ask".

Raian knew that everything was not going to be simply walk in and kill the Avatar, there would need to be preparations, weakening his forces was indeed the most suitable way of dealing with the whole situation. I know I was not invited to this lil' group of yours but if my sister is in I am in too"" Raian did not want to risk losing her. With both of them being renowned Pro Benders they had a legion of fans that would follow them in to the afterlife at any given moment, which in someway could turn out to be very useful.

Raian heard that Taisuke was willing to end her own fathers life, he was indeed intrigued about the reasons but he would not question her motives, it was not his place to do, they indeed needed to trust one another if they are to survive such battles to come but asking the wrong questions at the wrong times was not the way of getting ones trust. The one thing that mostly ticked off Raian was the young looking that looked like he did not care about anything, hands in pockets and asking too many useless questions. "All that matters is that she is willing to do what she was asked to, we do not need motives, that is not the way to gain trust.". Raian would say to Akira in a calmly manner, he did not want to make the situation any more worse. Raian was studying the rest of the group when he noticed an odd chap making his way towards them and greeting them in a very informal manner. "You lost mate?". He did not know if the scruffy looking one was one of them but he curious to find out.

Raian would listen to the lovely lady explain their first task, it was to eliminate a man named Taka Shen, he did not really know the guy only that he ran the Water Tribes. Rain would fold his arms in front of his chest. "I volunteer!" Raian had not been invited to this so he really wanted to prove that he should be in the group and the first mission was the the fastest way of proving that. He really wanted to know know of their task but he guessed that was for later on, mostly at this moment he wanted to know who was going to join him as volunteer, especially since this would be great to find out more about the others and to find out who would work better with who.

Technique:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:02 pm

TABTAB Taka Shen. Best place to start as any. He sighed, took a swig from the gourd hooked on his waist sash, then shrugged. "Might as well." They were going to attack the leader of the people that gave birth to him. While he was raised in the south, he was trained in the north after the rift event. The same one that took his friends from him. Going after the Water Tribe was personal for Tikaani himself, not in the sense that he thought it was right or wrong, but that he had somewhat of a personal connect with the tribe itself. While he had not been in the home of the Water Nation in quite some time, Tikaani would be able to navigate the area, gather information from his fellow tribesmen, and because he knew the ends and out of not only waterbending but also how to counter it. They were an odd group indeed, but he had worked with much weirder. And it did not take experience to know that while they were oddballs, they were a group of powerful, skilled oddballs.

TDG Super Kami

Dapper Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

___youwillknownihilism
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 am

As all the other things went on, people talking, Raian going on about trust and all that, Ban simply paid attention to all of what was going on, her head barely moving as the conversation went on though each person who spoke held her attention. When Raian raised his hand, she had hers up as well, volunteering to go. She had no fear of blood bending, moreso of fighting a water bender in his own domain. And how much earth and metal would be in the south pole anyway. However if Raian was there, then he'd need his partner with him. And she had her chains in the worst case, if she had nothing else. Perhaps she at least had the ships...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

His foot stepped down on the wooden floor board, with his second following shortly after. Crowds of commoners stood in line waiting to be ushered inside of the Ember Island Theater but as Rohaku made himself apparent the guard from the front door would stand agape for a moment. He then straightened himself by bowing shortly, Rohaku nodded and was privately sent inside. From entering the theater the Prince of the Fire Nation was asked to be seated on the upper foyer. No emotion of excitement brushed his face, yet, he seemed lost at the same time. As he sat down to watch the play the golden hue of his eyes adverted onto the rows of seats below him. Scanning for some sign of unusual behavior to peak his interest. What is she doing..? There stood the Princess of the Fire Nation. She was probably related to Rohaku in his father's side of the family but from growing up in the Fire Nation, the boy never learned about his Mother. The only thing he knew was little bits and pieces of information that slipped when he pestered enough. It was rumored that she died after giving birth to him, but he had found nothing else. So to this boy, Rohaku, he believed himself to be one-hundred percent Fire Nation Royalty. Or at least that's what everyone else thought. Only a few know the secret, but most of them are growing old anyway..

He wouldn't go to investigate, Rohaku would do so much more. One of his specialties involved gathering information without being caught. Reaching into his pocket he would grab the theater binoculars, he would holster the glasses onto his face while staring into the direction of Taisuke. It seemed a large group of people from different nations gathered around on the lower foyer. Now that was interesting, but for what purpose did they serve for being here? Not many people would venture to the Fire Nation only to watch some silly play, yet this was one of the most discrete locations for talking among yourself's. There was obviously more going on here and the fact that the Princess stood with them, made it even more obvious for him to get closer.

Using the darkness as his alibi the young prince would stand above the ledge. Turning his head towards the right side he would adjust his footing to keep his body still. A hand extended onto the next foyer room-ledge to get his body ready to move. He would then use a variation of parkour onto the next, until he found himself directly below the group that talked, well ..not directly. Even if he reached the bottom he would still have to travel forward for a bit to even come into hearing distance, but he had visited his place more than enough to know it's secrets. More than anyone here anyway.

As he brought himself downward the Prince would begin walking into the direction of nowhere. The only light coming from the play, and the only noise that erupted was from the laughing from the normal guests here. Funny thing is. No laughing came from their direction. How, very disappointing. He would seat himself while removing his Prince crown, it would be a shame to be recognized by someone else here. I mean his face was known throughout the Kingdom, and it wouldn't surprise him if he was popular outside the Fire Nation too. He could now hear them, see most of them, and study them. Though they could not see him. Taisuke was going to be answering a lot of his questions in the future. The years of trying to learn about his mother had turned him cold, and angry. He had a lot of pent up anger to use and he would not be told "no" again. The thing about secrets is, they always found a way to reveal themselves in the end.

Chi: 1100/1100

TechniquesUsed:

GodlyHades

Seeker

Jai Bait

Demonic Widow

5,525 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divorced 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm

XXXXXXUser Image

"Have you ever looked up to a parent? My mother was a s**t mother, who barely acknowledged me. My father loved me, or at least that is what I thought. I barely got to see him, but when I did he would always give me a hug and ask me how I was doing. To think, someone actually cared enough to ask that... And then he left. Not saying a word, he just stood up and abandoned me. So that's why I want to kill him." That was her final answer to the man who asked her why. She watched as another person waltzed in, and the woman finally decided to start the meeting.

She spoke of a man that lead the water tribe, that was able to blood-bend. Taisuke blinked, trying to hide her cowardice. After one person volunteered, she felt that she needed to show her aid. "I can contribute to this too." She would raise her hand briefly, before it fell back into the palm. Her eyes were narrowed, her honest feelings wavering.

"Princess of Fire Nation"
                                                                    skyblue

Chi: 1300

Technique:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Akira tilted his head at the talk of killing her father, just because he left even though he showed compassion to her. Honestly, it seemed like it would be her mother that should receive her hatred, but nope. It was her dad, especially because he left her. Maybe if they were sit down and talk, maybe there could be some form of compromise. But that wasn't the focus of the meeting here, though it helped him understand this girl's motive. The next order of business was to murder Taka Shen, a well-renowned blood bender who was working with the avatar, apart of the Gong Jen. Seems like he wouldn't be of any help during the fight, only because the environment would only hinder him rather than help. He'd probably jump in if it was Jay or Layna, maybe even the big bad avatar himself, but not with Taka.

1xx3xx0xx0xxx/xxx1xx3xx0xx0

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:15 pm

TABTABSlowly people volunteered for the mission. One by one they raised their hands and called out some sort of assent. Some even gave the obligatory speech as to why they were going to do it. Rad. Anika had already grown bored of the proceedings and cleared her throat, walking as she spoke. "Alright, it's settled. There is a boat docked at the harbor, it doesn't have a name so that we may remain inconspicuous as possible. Some people have taken to calling it the Flowing f*****t, after an Airship that sadly didn't live to see today. Anyway, be there in the next five minutes or do nothing productive with your lives. Up to you. Whoever's on board can count themselves an official member of the Chen Rai." Anika said, shooting a glance to where the prince of the fire nation thought he was being so secretive at. She had half a mind to literally blow him out of his hiding place but decided she really didn't care. Perhaps there was some weird problems between the princess and prince of the Fire Nation. Convenient family gathering aside it seemed to Anika that they seriously needed to have a talk with their daddies and mommies about all that angst they had built up. As the girl passed the oddbal group of benders assembled she eyed Ban Shi Dan once more, a smirk growing on her face. Boy was she glad to have that fine example of all things womanly on board for this mission.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
XXXXXXXXXXOOC: Finally, Gaia's back up and I can start posting...

As with many of the acting troupe that performed at the Ember Island Theater, Meili Li truly called the building home. She lived in a cozy room behind the prop storage and knew every hall and passage within the theater like the air in her lungs. Some members of the troupe had come to call her the ghost of the theater thanks to how quietly she could pass from one room to the next, often spooking employees. This night, she roamed those halls with a deep frown on her face, displeased with the cancelling of the night's performances for some unknown reason.

No, the manager had given a reason. One if their lead actors was sick and the show could not go on without him. Meili did not buy the excuse. There were seconds for all of the actors in the show. Some seconds even had thirds. The show always went on. The other performers did not seem to mind -- had taken to their night off with celebration and were likely partying on the beach at this very moment, the slackers. Meili was not about to join them, not when she could be rehearsing -- not when she could be dancing. To dance, for her, was akin to meditation. It calmed her spirit and brought peace to her troubled mind. It reminded her of her mother. One of the few memories she could still see clearly of her mother involved dance, so dancing brought her closer to that memory and brought joy to her heart.

As she neared the stage from back behind the curtains, Meili realized that her decision might be a mistake. There were people on the stage already. She could her them talking -- talking of murder of all things. She frowned, stilled her quiet feet, and shook her head. No, that could not be right. With all the chaos already taking the world, why would they want to spread more, especially by killing the leader of the Water Tribe? No, certainly not right.

When it sounded as if the meeting was breaking up, Meili straightened and quickly set about as if she were searching the backstage for something. She was pretty sure she had left her dancing shoes back here, anyway, so that would make a good alibi for her presence should one of them see and confront her.  

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
XXXXXXXXXXOOC: Since it seems as if everyone is just moving on to the boat and not posting their exit here, I guess I'll just post again my own exit and assume I wasn't noticed...?

Once the plotters were gone, Meili let out a sigh of relief and then hurried back to her room. Regardless of her hatred of the Avatar, the murder -- assassination! -- of the leader of the Water Tribes was unacceptable. Did these people think that would really fix anything? It would only bring more chaos and anarchy, surly! Meili hastily packed a bag of her few personal items and the warmest clothes she owned, rolled up her blankets and bedroll, and darted out to the small stable area behind the theater.

"Yuula. Yuula, wake up, girl. Time to go." The largest of the sleeping shapes in the stable lifted its narrow head. It blinked yellow eyes at Meili, yawned, and rose to its full nine foot height. The eel-hound slunk from the shade of the stable and circled Meili, nosing her in greeting. Meili patted the scaled head. "Sorry it's so late, girl, but we have to move fast."

Yuula made an odd warbling sound as she watched Meili fetch her saddle. She then obediently laid down so that the Airbender could properly strap it down around her chest. In minutes, the eel-hound was fully saddled and Meili's belongings lashed onto her back. This done, Yuula straightened, stretched, and then began dancing lightly between paws. She did so very much love to run, and these things meant they were traveling, and traveling meant she got to run and swim, and she did so very much love to run.

After drawing in and letting out a deep, calming breath, Meili leapt up onto Yuula's back. She wrapped lead around one hand, grasped it firmly in the other, and dug her heels into the eel-hounds sides. "Let's go."

EXIT to Traveling Thread --->

[FR] Ember Island

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces