Welcome to Gaia! ::

Republic City Role Play

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild set in Republic City from the new series Legend of Korra 

Tags: avatar: the last airbender, legend of korra, republic city, bending, equalists 

Reply Republic City Role Play
About Amon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VintageAutomaton
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 pm
I feel that the person to play Amon should be able to do a good job at it, and be able to play the character well.

I don't really think it should be a first come, first serve sort of thing. Would you guys want to discuss who should be Amon? Maybe all the people who want to be him could submit a sample and we can vote? o_o  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:46 pm
My opinion is that some who can really do him should be able to RP him.

I think there should be some requirements and the ones that I listed should be and all or most requirement.

1. Been in the RP at least a month.
2. RP skills shown through posting in the guild or examples from other RPs.
3. Experience in years.
4. Experience in character types
5. So some who can pull him off. They have to know the characters mind and habits.
6. Someone who can do a villain. You will not believe home many people try to be mean that just can do it in an RP. I purposely expose them too.
7. Creative (Because we need to keep an RP going)
8. I think the post important one is a group agreement. If a guild as a most (because some people will protest no matter what you do) agrees that that person can be Amon.  

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

WiseTurtleSage

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:50 pm
angelmage99
My opinion is that some who can really do him should be able to RP him.

I think there should be some requirements and the ones that I listed should be and all or most requirement.

1. Been in the RP at least a month.
2. RP skills shown through posting in the guild or examples from other RPs.
3. Experience in years.
4. Experience in character types
5. So some who can pull him off. They have to know the characters mind and habits.
6. Someone who can do a villain. You will not believe home many people try to be mean that just can do it in an RP. I purposely expose them too.
7. Creative (Because we need to keep an RP going)
8. I think the post important one is a group agreement. If a guild as a most (because some people will protest no matter what you do) agrees that that person can be Amon.

I agree with you, Amon is a big part of the story and will also have a large impact on the rp. So it comes down to who wants to be him? Also if no one wants to step up I can take the role of Amon.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 am
WiseTurtleSage

I agree with you, Amon is a big part of the story and will also have a large impact on the rp. So it comes down to who wants to be him? Also if no one wants to step up I can take the role of Amon.

Someone PMed me a profile for him; but I didn't reply. They still posted it though =7=;;  

VintageAutomaton
Captain

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 pm
VintageAutomaton
WiseTurtleSage

Someone PMed me a profile for him; but I didn't reply. They still posted it though =7=;;

To me that's a sign of arrogance. Posting it without double checking because 'my profile is fine'.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:34 pm
blargh  

VintageAutomaton
Captain

Timecraze

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm
Oh yeah. That guy did send friend requests to all the Equalists too. I got one for Cleo. =w=  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:51 pm
Not to mention, the person that's going to be Amon has to be active.
I've owned guilds in which people played certain roles, and weren't active at all, So you'd have to wait about a week or so for the person to post. At times we even had to carry on without that person. And considering that this is a roleplay guild, activeness is a important part of it, really important.
I believe that the person to be Amon needs to have at least 25 posts in the guild. Or atleast about 8 posts a day.
Wouldn't want to be held back, am I right?  

Aeoru
Vice Captain

Shadowy Striker

9,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 pm
I don't know if it has been brought up, but there is more than just 2 sides. Just because you are a bender, doesn't mean you are kind hearted. Making it all about Equalist vs Benders would make it too much like the anime.

Alliances:

-Equalist
-Benders (good benders)
-Benders(neutral)
-Police
-Gangs( bad benders)  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm
You could ask the nice gentleman that submitted the Amon profile to play as more of an imposter in the order rather than the actual Amon.. At least until we can gauge his activity and roleplaying level..  

Sage Akia

Eloquent Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Republic City Role Play

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items