Submit

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 pm
User ImageAuri was sitting at his favorite spot by the lake. It was a spot that during most light settings of the day. It always cast his best reflection. His reflection that he loved and admired so dearly. For to himself, he considered his face the very reflection of gold and all precious metals. While he wasn't born anyone particular or special in this pride. He was a lion, and he was made of the most valuable color that ever existed. Not that he was any scholar of stones or precious metals; but he was still quite certain that the one that made him up was the best.

There at that spot, he devoted his days and nights to grooming himself and making himself as additionally radiant as possible. For, if gods were so good to make him with such grace and beauty, surely it was his treasured and honorable duty to keep himself in such a standard that others might take him for a spectre of a god; though he wasn't even close to being one. In afct, he often took to talking to himself there. On and on he would ramble day and night. Were it really necessary that he do that? Surely there were others in the pride he might take along for companionship to talk with. Yet, he felt it was a waste of time. All that time spent finding someone to come with him. That was time that could be spent looking at himself. What a waste to spend it hunting out a pal. Besides... He wasn't entirely sure that they'd agree to do that. Some were just too impatient or unruly to enjoy the serenity of looking upon his visage in the reflections of the lake. To behold his glorious beauty.

Yet..... every so often he kept hearing a rustling in leaves that were a yard or two away from the lake. The sound would make his ears twitch, and sometimes his tail would as well. After a while, he was finding the sound which gradually grew louder to be most distracting. What on earth... Was this some prank from one of his siblings? Well, maybe not... none of them bothered with him when he was here...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:04 pm
User Image
Trying to make sure mother wasn't around, it was the second time she got free from mother's sight sense birth. When Myrna crawled out, she shook leaves off of her purple pelt only to see a golden lion admiring himself. Surprised, she slowly walked up to him to admire him more and with a good relaxation and enough courage, she finally decided to talk. "Hello there. I'm Myrna and i love that golden coat of yours sir." She said. She was making sure to have at least bit of manners sense she was meeting someone for the first time, and even one with a lovely coat like his. Her loving nature and personality helped her do this and she owed it to her mother. Wagging her purple tail and looking at him with her pink eyes, all she could do was look at how lovely he was and saw how the sunlight reflected upon the graceful beauty of the gold. She always wanted to meet someone and this could be her chance.  

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:20 pm
Auri's ears had started to swivel half around to listen to the sounds. He didn't feel the least bit afraid or defensive. He gave the air a sniff, but nothing smelled like he had to get aggressive. Well, that was good. Aggression was fun and admirable in its own right, but it also put lines in one's skin. Who wanted to have all those wrinkles in their muzzle before their prime? When a little ball of lavender fur sat beside him, his eyes slid over to give it a once over. Well, he couldn't fault her for not being as bright and radiant as he. Not everyone was blessed to exude the light and shiny of gold. Not even all lions were fortunate to carry the sun in their manes. Auri knew he was especially blessed with these traits. He decided not to hold it against her. Surely, she couldn't help who spread their legs and gave birth to her. Such was the lot of them who are born into the world. Perhaps they were born under the wrong beat. Maybe her parents hadn't given the gods their dance or songs.

He moved a paw to pat the head of the little one. It was then he realized by the texture of the fur on her head. Why, she was no lion cub. He looked her over more thoroughly. Ah. A wild dog. When he realized the way her eyes looked at him, he smiled wide. His ego being stroked exalted him into a fantastic mood. What a fine child. She knew greatness when she saw it. Suddenly, the type of creature she was no longer mattered. She was perhaps the most wonderful of sparrows to flutter past him here.

"Child. Hello. Mryna, it is? I am Auri. I am the gold of the earth and the light of the sun. I am the sudden feeling of desire and amaze that all feel after a great dance. You are most welcome to my side. My gold coat? Yes. I was fortunate. Not all my siblings inherited this beauty. Some give me great competition, but I give you my thanks nonetheless. Your eyes and pale toes remind me something of a small rodent. What unique and distinguishing traits for a dog to have. Perhaps that is a token towards your future?"

He gently patted her head again with his paw, careful to not put too much of his lion weight into it. Though if the truth were known, his weight wasn't quite as heavy as other male lions. He didn't work out or do anything that procured the biggest of muscles and bodies in males.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Smiling, she was happy that her faded colors gave away enough to be noticed. She was happy being seen was good and that some progress was showing of a remarkable friendship that would flourish and help them in the future.

"A lot of others think my mother is my oldest sister. It is because we both have the same colored coat and that she has the same toes as me. Plus my family is a mixed up one."

She said. She looked at him and she saw a silver lining upon him but it is only because he loved himself. She smiled as it faded away for he is happy with himself and she was happy of others. As she watched everything around her a little tune came into her mind and she quietly started to hum it.

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:56 pm
Auri grinned at her and nodded. He scooted over and put the edge of one of his claws gently under her chin to lift it up. He then started to look over her face and features. He tried to remember her mother since she'd look the same. It did vaguely occur to him that he didn't recall her, but that wasn't a surprise. He often didn't recall anyone who wasn't born with him truth be told.

"Well... if it's any consolation, that's really not too unusual. Many families are a little mixed up. Perhaps their destiny isn't to create new music and dances with one another. Perhaps, they all have other fates that lay with others outside of their own family. That happens too sometimes. My people and forefathers believe that your true destiny in life is the ultimate song you play, and the dance you create for yourself. The most important thing is to find the song and dances which are meant for you; where you can make yourself sing and blend into the perfection for which you were born."

He removed his paw from her face, dipped it in the water, and then ran it through part of his mane. His eyes were a tad distant for a moment. He considered how often he neglected the entire pride's dances and gatherings at night. He disliked being out at night. He disliked the time of day when the sun fell behind the night. He was no child of the moon. Sure, some out there loved music and dancing at night. He felt the sun would make him a magnificent sight. If only he could get someone to agree to some daytime gatherings. Where he can show off his splendor where it is seen as it's best.

"Well... already the words which sing off your tongue are them which please me. You have my leave to stay here with me if you like. You are just a cub you know. Our pride's grounds aren't as dangerous as some, but you just never know. If a stranger was among us, and that feline were to fall upon you. That could be mighty scary. Stay in the presence of my radiance, and I shall keep you safe."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:48 pm
Bowing as a thank you, she accepted the offer and stayed with him. As the day went by she was drifted into a nice little nap and woken when the sun began to fall down and when the moon shined, her fur went well with the night and felt a song in her heart and as she sung it with her pretty voice, she fell asleep again and instead of a dream, she was having a vision.

A flood was coming their way as she woke up and the thunder crashed. Hearing screams and painful calls of their lost ones. Seeing a wave from the flood occur she watched her own self get swept away with Auri as her mother tried to get her and the screams faded in her ears of herself calling to her mother.

Waking up panting, she looked at the sky and didn't see the stars or moon and wondered why.

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:01 pm
Auri had been just peacefully doing what he always do. Admiring himself, grooming himself, singing to himself. He thought this little girl wasn't too bad of company. She was also peaceful and seemed content to just sit and do what he was doing. At least there was someone else out there who could appreciate a fine way to spend the day. Still, the sun seemed to have started to go down a little earlier than normal. Auri frowned at this. The overcast sky that had started to muck up all sign of the fading rays of sun also made his reflections a little obscured.

He lifted his head and gave a sniff. He wasn't sure what it was. There was that strange sense in the air. He watched some birds and animals migrating through the trees. Hmm. He wasn't sure what to make of any of this. When he looked at the water again, it seemed like something was amiss though he couldn't know at all what it was. Had something dark and sinister visited his serene pocket of life? Well, perhaps it was time to turn in for the night.

He nudged the little one next to him. "I am going to look for a cave nearby for the night. Do I need to take you back to the normal location for dens? Will your mother worry if you aren't back soon? It might feel like a long time to her for you to be gone. I need to know if I should walk you back before I find my shelter for the night."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:21 pm
Seeing some moonlight through the clouds, she sighed in relief then she looked back at Auri.

"My mommy should be worried by now so i best get home. My mommy's den is just right there she i shouldn't be a problem. I best go."

She said as she pointed to the den she lived in and suddenly heard her mother call for her. She finally got a day of being with someone else and when she got up she walked towards her home a bit.

"Bye Auri, i had a great time today because it was fun and i still really like that golden coat."

She said and then bound back home to greet her mother and go inside of the night. After all that happened today, she stayed near the door just to look up at the sky and was happy for today was the best. After doing much of star gazing, she finally went to bed for the night and was happy and had a pleasant dream.

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 pm
Auri had by then been standing up and waiting to see what she was going to do. He turned his head towards where it seemed the mother's voice came from. He half walked behind her in the direction. He was about halfway between the lake and the little girl's den. He hadn't noticed there were even dens right there. His tail swished behind him as he looked up. Yeah. The sun had finally gone. The hour of the Moon and Stars had come. This was not the time of day he liked much. He called out hoping to answer her before she slipped in the cave. "See you later little Myrna."

Her little wild dog body disappearing into the hole for a few moments was his cue. He turned and strolled off towards his family's dens. He hadn't been back to sleep there in a few days. Hopefully, they'd all be attending some dance or song event at the pride event spot. He wouldn't be annoyed or peppered with questions and insistences of him taking more responsibility for himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm
After getting ready for the event, singing high up the the moon and having fun, she finally got home again and was fully tired. She looked at the wall then her siblings to see them already asleep and sighed. At the time of the highest point of night, which was midnight, she had finally fallen asleep dreaming little puppy dreams that all wild dogs enjoy each night.

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items