Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 pm
Short quick survey for everyone. I want honest answers, please don't worry about hurting our feelings. If you don't want your answers public, feel free to send them in a PM to Kain.

1) What forum are you most active in here outside of the guild?
2) What other activities do you do on Gaia aside from the guild?
3) What was your main reason for joining Nosgoth in the first place?
4) How did you find out about the guild?
5) What would keep you coming back in here every day?
6) If you could change one thing about Nosgoth what would it be?
7) Do you have any friends on Gaia that like LoK? Are they in the guild? If not, why haven't you invited them?
8 ) Would more contests draw you into posting in the guild more often?
9) Would recruiting contests inspire you to invite more people?
10) What types of prizes would you like to see (ie art, items, what have you?)
11) Would you be into guild group events? (like zOMG guild group playing, going into town as a group, things like that)
12) How can we better the guild so it's more inviting to new people?
13) How did you first feel when you joined and how were you treated?
14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more welcome
15) Does the guild intimidate you?  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 pm
A: Gaming, GCD and the Exchange forums. MUST BUY EVERYTHING!!

A: Avatar arenas and vote non stop? Nah, I am a big exchanger. On my Main I go to Cosplay town. I also go to cosplay town on Richter as well. Aside from the forums I mentioned, I haven't been able to devote much time elsewhere. Even thogh main keeps getting rp requests...

A: It was the only active LoK guild. I made Turel for that reasons

A: I used the search feature for guilds.

A: People being active mostly. What would also help would be having a consistent job instead of a crazy part time one where my hours fluctuate. I do work and volunteer. It is also difficult to view Gaia on my e-reader and that is what I have most weekends.

A: ....

7) Do you have any friends on Gaia that like LoK? Are they in the guild? If not, why haven't you invited them?
A: Yes, yes, and they are all in the guild already

A: Contests relevant would interest me. Seasonally themed ones are nice but I was frustrated with asinine ones. Now, i know my awards show can fall under that category as well. Honestly, I'd like it to be something that is very LoK centered. In case of a cross over, have it make sense.
A: Recruiting contests make me think of when I worked at Marshalls/TJ Maxx and how well you were graded on your annual review was heavily dependent upon how many people you pushed and convinced to sign up for a credit card. I feel like you give a prize to whomever annoyed the most random strangers. How would it even work? It's like anything when you gain referral points- it's nice in theory but you end up exhausting your pool of people interested and then go to people uninterested. As someone who has to push customers to sign up for something (and my worth to the company dependent on that- not how well I am liked or do my job) it's something that I see having negative reactions. We can't fully discuss this until we show some activity

A: I will whore myself for gold. Not literally but I love having gold. Now, I can't say no to avatar art or expensive items, but gold. Also I can award handsome prizes.

11) Would you be into guild group events? (like zOMG guild group playing, going into town as a group, things like that)
A: COSPLAY TOWN!!1!one! I would adore that. I used to do that with CastleVania peeps all the time. We got a lot of attention by many people. zOMG I never really did so I don't know the basic mechanics of it. Forums I am hesitant on. If I see a thread with 60+ posts (unless it's aquariums) I am not going to click because I will feel I have missed a lot.

A: Less inane ramblings, more stuff on topic, more activity?

A: Well, within 48s hrs you guys were calling me a bunny and saying the bunny jokes had to stop. I was confused because it took me a bit to realize you meant me (Turel). I decided to run with it even though i felt a bit awkward joking with everyone so soon. I ended up ok and now it's a favorite joke.

14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more welcome
A: I like relevant topics but I admit I don't always have something interesting to contribute. I like to say something that adds to the topic. And if I have nothing, I feel like crap.

A: No but it gets dull at times.  

Lieutenant Turel

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:42 am

Probably Gaia's art forums - Picture Post, ect.

Sometimes I post in PP helping people to improve their art, but usually these days I just play Fishing or Pinball when I have a spare five minutes.

Back when I first joined up, I had a lot more free time; and since LoK was one of my favorite things (and still is), I thought that joining a LoK guild would be fun and interesting - particularly as people who like LoK tend to be more intelligent and literate than the average forum goer.

It was one of the results when I put 'Legacy of Kain' into the Guild search function.

Lots of interesting LoK related discussions, some general RPs as well as the special event RPs that we do anyway, and some competitions would be good too.

Hmmm... Probably have fewer off topic topics in the main forum.

I don't know anyone else on Gaia who likes LoK, all the LoKers I know are in the guild already.

Yes.

Hmm, I don't know. Depends on how we'd go about it I suppose.

I would like to see all kinds of prizes! mrgreen

I'd quite enjoy guild group events. Only trouble is, organizing these things might be tricky if we have guild members from other time zones (not America), like me. ninja

I think the main thing that scares off new members is that we seem a bit clique-y. The main core of the guild's members have been here a long time, and it's only natural that we have some history, private jokes, ect that are unique to us. I know we all try to welcome and include new members, but I can't help but feel we still give that impression. confused I'm afraid I'm not really sure what we can do about that...

It was quite a while ago, but I seem to remember it was always quite friendly and relaxed here. I've always been treated fairly and have been included in guild goings on, even when I've been really inactive.

14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more welcome?

I don't generally feel uncomfortable about posting - if I have something to say, I'll say it. If I don't post, it's usually because I feel I don't have anything new or constructive to add to the conversation. Or I'm just feeling tired and lazy.

Nope.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

I'm most active in the roleplay forums but I do check on threads we have up in the gaming forums and such. I will make an effort to be more active in the gaming threads.

I tend to do a lot of roleplaying and selling of my items. Booty grab is something I enjoy as well as wandering towns now to collect and sell trash and flowers.

I joined the guild here on gaia because I thought it was a smaller guild as opposed to the LoK group I joined on DA. I wasn't sure how to talk to anybody on there and it never really worked out. I'm just watching art updates now on there. Here I could talk to people about LoK and meet friends here and have fun with it.

I didn't know there was a Legacy of Kain guild on Gaia. I had searched it out initially but I wasn't sure if I had to be invited to join or not. Then one day I got the invite from Kitty.

Activeness in the guild, activeness in guild events, my friends staying together. My work hours are pretty decent but I tend to sleep a lot during the day because I stay up late at night. I could always pop in and out of the guild nightly if needed with my sleep schedule right now. Like Rel my work schedule has changed.

It's hard to find the right words to say what I'd change about Nosgoth. I guess it might need a new image on the front and some definite clean up is still needed. Maybe we could have some LoK image thread as well. In case we have fans of the series whom maybe haven't played all of the games. I've heard image references for other characters often evokes desires to figure out who those people are.

I don't have any other friends on gaia that like LoK or have even heard of the series. It's rare to find them these days. The only friend I have is I A Walking Paradox I and she is already a member of the guild but has not been active in a bit. I speak to her all the time though. Currently she’s trying to enroll back into school.

I like making contests. It would all depend on my creativity spark though for the contests. I would say that contests definitely are a nice factor to have when recruiting and or having fun with other guild members.

Absolutely! The issue I think most about having these contests is if the people we are trying to recruit have even heard of LoK. I wonder if there is a better way we can try to spread the message about LoK you know? Maybe not about our guild but about the series as well. Contests about our series though might be a little narrow in the aspect so we should save them for later and maybe have a sort of common type contest series. "Show us your most creative vampire (twilight vampires excluded)" Or something of the sorts.

I buy gaia cash every now and again so I would have no problem buying a monthly collectible or something to have as a prize. Gold prizes are always a nice thing to present too.

I don't play zOMG that much but I would most definitely be into guild group events. Towns would be a fun opportunity and it would give us all a chance to sit together and be goofy there.

12) How can we better the guild so it's more inviting to new people?,

I think that…maybe our members would feel more welcomed in they were personally pm’d after accepting the invite or after they were invited to the guild. In an effort for us to reach out to them and say: ‘Hey, we’re the Captain, vice captains, and crew but we’re not just that. We’re you’re friends.’ I guess in those greeting PMs we could also ask them about their favorite aspects of LoK too.

I first felt…a bit scared to be honest. Not because everyone didn’t seem nice to me, Kitty sent me a greeting PM is I recall correctly. I just…I remembered joining a Nosgoth group back when I was 13 and it was in some forum site. Nobody really…acknowledged me or talked to me and it was like only the regular members were greeted and got attention. I realized how different this guild was. I even explained it to Kitty too.

14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more welcome?

I was made to feel welcomed when Kitty first Pm’d me to greet me. I think that might be a good start to getting to know the rest of our guild members.

Well…when all the tentacle rape was going on it scared me a little. >.>  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

- P S ii C H 0 -

Lonely Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm
Where can we go?

Outside of the guild? Chatterbox or Barton Town

Post in Chatterbox, try to find and participate in roleplays that interest me, and dressing up my avatar.

Die-hard Legacy of Kain fan, of course!

I went in search of fellow LoK fans.

I'm not certain; unless there's a fan-fiction forum somewhere in the guild that I could submit certain pieces to.

I honestly have no idea.

I forgot which of my Gaian friends share my interest in LoK.

Perhaps; it depends on how much time I could afford to spend on Gaia.

Maybe.

Art and items for avatars do sound like fair enough prizes.

It depends on numerous factors, such as time and what the event is.

Perhaps inventing a roleplay-like storyline based off of LoK that can involve every member at least a tiny bit. Not sure if this idea would work, but I offered an idea, nonetheless! xP

I was happy to find fellow LoK fans, though I don't believe I interacted often enough even then to know what my fellow members were really like.

My lack of posting is only due to an increasingly busy life and an absolute obsession with DeviantArt and YouTube.

Only in the sense that I do not wish to lose my place here; even though I'll admit that I don't post very often... ^^;

When will we find that we know...to let go?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:58 pm
I'm not a regular-user of gaia (my computer is a piece of junk and i cant be in gaia apropiately)
Buy/sell read the comments in the forums, try to improve my english...
In my town nobody knows nothing about LOK, so, i wanted to talk to anyone about
I don't remember, but i remember that i feel glad of found it
If my computer were faster (and if i have more friends) i would live in gaia (and posting this guild)
Kill the hylden!!!!! (kidding) actually i don't think that nosgoth must change, it's okay just like now...
Nup no friends that like LOK, just one, but he doesn't like gaia...
Maybe...
I don't like that kind of contests
Any of them, this is a cool place :3
That sounds good (again, when i get a better computer i will be here)
I dont have any idea...
All of you treat yourselves like close friends i had the feeling that i was an stranger, i guess that i must post more, to meet more people and that...
It's not your fault, i will try to post more...
A little, but it's a problem with me, again, i will try to be more active  

Marduk Balthazar

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nathaniel Liir

Predestined Backpacker

9,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm
1.) What forum are you most active in here outside of the guild?

I'm not active in any forum on Gaia. Most of the time I browsed through the ones that interests me.

Aside from here, I have been roleplaying via pm on this account and vending/chatting with friends on my Xelba account. I used to hang out with friends in Cosplay Town on my two cosplay accounts: Soma Cruz from Castlevania and the Morality Core from Portal. But I haven't gone to that spot in a while.

I was looking for others who were fans of the series while finding an active guild where people talked about anything related to the games and some roleplaying. This is like with the Castlevania guild I was in though I had been inactive on that one for personal reasons.

Turel (a.k.a Richter biggrin ) was the one who introduced me to the guild when I was in towns on my Raziel account ( A Walking Paradox ).

The main thing would keep me coming back here are active topics (related and non-related), and role plays that just started out recently.

I'm not sure how to answer this one.

I have introduced one of my friends to LOK when I was in towns on my LoK account, but they're not enthusiastic about the series.

I like contests, but what might draw me in are the crazy and random stuff among the guild members in character.

Perhaps. It'll prompt me to post more in forums too.

I don't mind either. : ]

Probably if they are set in Cosplay Town or in any active town that doesn't involve cyber topics and noobs begging for gold although its impossible to avoid in some towns.

Zomg would make the experience more fun and enjoyable if it were more than one person playing alone. It really depends on how many will play though.

Roleplay events. When a roleplay thread is made for said event (e.g. The Rapture, Christmas, Easter..), there is only a handful of people posting back. Even if its a little active, I think the RP thread should stay up at least for a week after the event ends, just to see if anyone is still posting.

(It may have been done before, I don't remember - I only been on four rp threads. Two which I was the last person to reply xD ). That's all I can think of.

I felt a little nervous when I joined in the first place, though not entirely. Everyone seemed cool and kind, I hardly had trouble with anyone on this guild.

I haven't felt uncomfortable posting, I just have a habit of forgetting to post. (^_^; ) I would like to mention, I felt more welcome when I received a greeting pm from Hatter. :3 I thought it was sweet and welcoming. From there, we became friends and started rping together. XD

The cross-dressing thing with the Wraith Raziel intimidated me at first, but I gotten used to it by now. I find it rather cute while my inner fan girl is all over it. >x>;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm
Kain Balance Guardian
Short quick survey for everyone. I want honest answers, please don't worry about hurting our feelings. If you don't want your answers public, feel free to send them in a PM to Kain.

Barton Town, RPing
Just rping and marketplace watching.
To show my support for the amazing series.
Think I saw it in the sig of one of the members and I said, "Hey, cool!"
More active rps, more maybe a fanfic contests?
We'd get some rp going.
7) Do you have any friends on Gaia that like LoK? Are they in the guild? If not, why haven't you invited them? Nope, nope and uh-uh.
I kinda suck at contests so no, probably not. Unless it was fanfiction.
Once again, suck at contests.-_-
Art and items!
zOMG group playing sounds pretty fun. Shame my computer here can barely handle the graphics.
We should spread ourselves around, maybe troll the gaming forums and see if anyone else is into Nosgoth.
I was treated pretty well.
14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more welcome? Hey, i'm good! <3
15) Does the guild intimidate you? Not a bit. ^_^

jazzknh1

Friendly Regular

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Celeste Tsuchi

Friendly Fairy

9,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 pm
None...

*shrug* nothing all that much since work's kept me busy.

Figured "Legend of Kain guild? Never saw one of those before...loved at least the last two games I played..I'm gonna join!"

Guild Spotlight.

um...rp? I guess...work's sucked up most of my time.

idk? not here that much...that would probably be it. If I had more time and knew what everyone was doing, I suppose.

None that I know of, no, and previous two answers.

Not sure...

If I knew people that liked LoK...

*shrug* Not sure

um...maybe? Like I said it depends on my time.

*shrug*

Pretty cool, I suppose. It's been a while.

14) If you have joined our guild but haven't felt comfortable about posting what can we do to make you feel more
welcome?
I'm cool

Heavens no! It's just me with moving in to a new place, and working full-time, and subsequent promotion...just leaves little time. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 am
Um, I saw this and figured I should fill it out sooo here it is! Sorry if it's late!

Barton Town. I love my roleplaying.
Um... roleplay? That's really all I do on Gaia...
I found it while searching for Legacy of Kain forums and figured that there could be some roleplaying going on in the guild.
Found it while doing a search for Legacy of Kain forums.
If I could figure out how to get to my Guilds without doing a search for them all the time, I would be very happy. X3
I would make Nosgoth a real world as opposed to a fictional world in a video game. Just kidding. I'm new so I have no opinion on this.
Yes, no, and they haven't been online recently so I haven't been ablt to tell them about it.
Probably, yeah.
That depends... with my luck, I'd have to try and talk some friends into becoming LoK fans and have them join Gaia just to recruit some people in the guild.
I have no preference, really.
Absolutely! It'll draw attention to the guild and maybe get people interested in joining. :3
Hm, maybe you should tell the demonic bodyguards out front to take a vacation. I practically passed out when I saw them. Those guys are scary!
I just joined and I'm terrified. XD
It's not you guys, it's me. I'm just awkward about joining stuff. Give me a little bit and I'll be perfectly fine. Honest.
Very much so... XD  

xXHeartless_ChanXx

Invisible Phantom

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out