Submit

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm
http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Quote:
Previously-Unseen Footage of Turel's Territory

Brazilian fan Thiago Paulino tipped me off to a fantastic discovery - a previously-unknown video of Soul Reaver which contains footage of The Turelim Clan Territory which (to my knowledge) does not appear anywhere else.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:48 pm
That is absolutely incredible. I very rarely like it when developers are given time constraints to finish a game. In this case it ended up being in the fan's favor because it allowed for SR2, BO2, and Defiance. Truthfully, I feel the ending that would have occurred if it ended with SR1 wold pale in comparison to the extensive and intricate storyline that we got in the other three games (maybe BO2 not so much but I sure enjoyed Immolate)

Plus, it allowed us to see Janos.  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm
How do I access it? I know this sounds stupid but by that, I mean which one do I click on?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm
MadxHatterxTeapot
How do I access it? I know this sounds stupid but by that, I mean which one do I click on?

http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/The_Turelim_Clan_Territory.html

Two videos are in there (in the article.)

Edited for clarity.  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm
The whole lost worlds site has so many interesting things about the series with respect to unused footage, ideas, storyboards, and even history behind the names.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm
Lieutenant Turel
The whole lost worlds site has so many interesting things about the series with respect to unused footage, ideas, storyboards, and even history behind the names.

I have a question though. I wonder, if the Eidos/Crystal Dynamics had ever thought to give more background to some of their more...enigmatic characters.

Like Ariel, specifically. What was she like before the circle fell? Did she truly LOVE Nupraptor or was he a pawn the whole time?

What about Nupraptor? He WAS the mind guardian. Is it possible he was manipulating her mind to make her love him?

It wouldn't be surprising why Ariel would have had him killed. After her death, and binding to the pillars, she could have seen him for what he truly was and that was why she ordered him killed first. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Vampire Citadel - On Topic Only

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers