Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 pm
As a game known for glitches I should not be surprised at finding one, but I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not.

I started over a new game, but my hands got to tired to finish Raziel's first level, so I went to look at the other safe files. One of them is nothing more then Kain's last speech, this part:
Quote:
Kain returns to the council chamber of the Vampire Citadel. He walks over to the break in the wall, contemplating the Soul Reaver in his hands, and looking at the ruined Pillars.

Kain V.O.:
Now, at last, the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed. Most ironic of all was the last gift that Raziel had given me: More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me. The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion -
Hope.

There shouldn't have been a save point after the last battle, so... any ideas of WHY it loads it there? Is my game just... unique or what?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:19 pm
I know that every time I died I would always end up back in front of the Elder God. o.o

I'm not sure why but I believe that was the last save point. owo But I don't understand why.

It's not just your game. It's with mine too because When I have started by game from the file I saved it in it starts there with that cut scene.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

I A Walking Paradox I

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm
This happened with one of my save files after I completed it and went to load it again only for it to load to the last scene with Kain. O.o

This is probably a glitch where the game won't load to the last save point after you've completed the game on that save file. It automatically saves the game and unlocks the game's bonus materials.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm
Poot I wanted to play the last boss battle.

That game is so glitch ridden though I can never tell if it's 'supposed' to do that or a glitch.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 am
Samt03

That game is so glitch ridden though I can never tell if it's 'supposed' to do that or a glitch.

I once got a glitch in soul reaver 2 where the entire room with the fire forge like filled up with blood. I couldn't even come up for air.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 am
Samt03

Me too. D: I wanted to see the Soul Reaver in action. Too bad it was only for that battle. They should have a hidden code like in Blood Omen 2 where Kain can have the Soul Reaver at the beginning of the game. Instead, we got Kain's Tube Reaver. eek

The first glitch I encountered was in the crypt with the two crow heads that watches you. The charging stone bursts into pieces (forgot how it happened.) I was stuck since I saved afterwards so I had to play it from the beginning.

Oh, there was something else I found interesting. You know the river near the Pillars? When Kain stepped off the ledge, I almost thought Kain fell in the water, but it looked like he was actually hovering for a second then landed on a stepping stone.  

I A Walking Paradox I

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 pm
I had an issue the first time I played it where I was in the spectral realm at the wrong time, went into Voradors, did the battles with the statues at the wrong time, and it locked me out of that room after I left so I did the rest of Vorador's came back and found a locked door and couldn't complete the level, which I found only after saving. (Which apparently is a common glitch or something.)

I also found somewhere, were I fell off a path, and got into the never ending fall thing where Raziel fell 'out' of the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:49 am
Yeah, I've fallen out of the game too - both on SR2 and other games I've got. It must be something to do with having holes in the scenery's wire frame or something. confused  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm
I have occasional save issues; my biggest problem are the camera angles. Since I usually have to play ROMs, this makes sense that the port isn't all that great. I need to get a legit PC version of the games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 pm
Amazon sells legal versions of the game if you want to buy them direct download.

Though... that's not gonna help with the camera angles, cause yes, when coming up to a cliff/jump I totally WANT the camera IN FRONT of whoever I'm playing as so I have no idea where I'm jumping to.  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm
You should have been there when I was replaying Defiance on Sera's Xbox. I was screaming at the camera angles that I became too frustrated at points. She ended up taking the controller away from me and performing whatever action it was. I then proceeded to maul everything to blow off steam. Although, I think Kain would enjoy the mass murder I engaged in.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games