Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH] [PRP] Practical viewpoints (Jordan & Zar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 pm

"Exactly what I wondered. What did they even have planned for us? Because they weren't entirely open with us and there were a number of mysteries even on their islands." he didn't care he was sharing what was probably sensitive information with a hunter, it didn't bother him in the least. No one in Halloween listened to him, but this human did. And he had ideas of his own. "They had rooms that when we set foot in, would try and rip our very essence away. And I still cannot say I know for certain why those even existed."

He nodded almost sadly. "And that is my real issue. Swaying public opinion. I intend to start something, find like minded individuals, work towards some eventual aim, different from the grander machinations. More anarchic? Though I despise that word, order is so much sweeter. Chaos for the sake of eventual order."

"I should not be adverse to co-operation with your organisation if they have half the wit and insight you appear to possess. If, in fact, they ever co-operate with anyone, the gossip is so muddled regarding your collective motives."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 pm
"It's difficult to trust when someone is deliberately concealing information," Jordan agreed. "I suppose all organizations have some secrets, but discovering you're being kept in the dark is always uncomfortable. It's the motivations behind the concealment that's always the question." He paused, giving Zar a searching look. "Putting together an accurate picture of the truth requires both having the pieces, and being willing to face even the uglier realities."

"Finding like-minded individuals is a logical start. It's a tricky process with a less-than-popular opinion, but all the more reason for the few to stick together, right? It'll be troublesome judging numbers of those potentially interested at first," he mused, drumming his fingers thoughtfully on the softly glowing surface of Ferros's hammer head.

He shook his head slightly. "I appreciate the compliment, but my opinions aren't necessarily those of my superiors. It's likely to take some time on both sides of the divide until there's enough support to make cooperation feasible. Both you and I will have to cultivate patience."  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:07 pm

"In Halloween it is generally the demons who hold the strings in politics. We play the game, we generally own the board. And the pieces. So I imagine it would be possible to find other demons in agreement that this shift in balance, whichever way it is headed, is not in their favour. If the wind of change isn't heading due them, I think I could secure their backing."

"What it primarily boils down to I think is to assemble a solid and researched dossier on each of the factions currently playing the game. And then it would simply be a matter of presenting that truth to the collective student body. Like minded individuals would potentially come forward that way." he moved to lean on one of the banisters.

"At least such a dossier might be of use to your people. It might be interesting to collate information from both sides. Of course, I wouldn't ask for sensitive facts, simply. Well, things you know that we did not. Like the four clans and their preparations. "

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 pm
"The disenfranchised, or those who feel they are, are generally more willing to back a movement," Jordan said. "It might be useful to search for support among all races as well. It would give the impression, at least, of a fair and egalitarian platform, and that holds appeal for those who feel they're not being listened to by the current status quo."

He stood, resting Ferros over his shoulder casually. "With an approach involving simple presentation of facts, careful research and reliable sources are key. Opponents will be certain to pick apart all points of the case. The presentation would have to be carefully checked for fact and fault."

"I'm sure there are other things my organization knows that would be helpful to creating a more complete picture of all factions involved," he nodded. "While my access to information is low-level, a different perspective would undoubtedly reveal previously unknown angles."  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Another nod. "You are correct of course. Regardless of my personal feelings on other races and their less favourable qualities, I will need to present a unified front, particularly with such initially restricted numbers. Beggars can't be choosers after all." he had to suppress the urge to smirk "If I focus initially on the unheard voices, the lower echelons of society, I think I would see the greatest return. The underdog is such a simple hound to domesticate."

He gave Jordan a thoughtful look, eyes narrowing down to slits again, as they so often did when he was thinking intensely. "There would need to be some means to contribute information from both sides. A mean feat given the issues of cross world interactions. I would suggest concealing a document in this very house, but the transient and capricious nature of its interior would possibly make that difficult."

"I will think on it at least, perhaps there are areas of the house less changeable than others. At the very least I can assure of the factual nature and referenced sourcing of the document. I am a demon of paperwork. Erroneous documentation is almost painful to me."

He gave him a winning smile. He liked humans, he hadn't run into a smart one before.
"Your contribution would be invaluable."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm
"Not only that, but you present the appearance of altruism from an unexpected quarter in appealing to the underdog," Jordan pointed out. "Crowd psychology and mob dynamics."

He smiled slightly, taking note of the creature's subspecies. It made a great deal of sense that a demon of paperwork would be best engaged on an intellectual level. "You can be sure that I'll endeavor to provide appropriate documentation once a method of information transfer has been settled on. I'm certain it's been done; some discreet research may be able to turn up a solution."  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 pm

A flash of teeth in that smile again. What was the downside really? Mutual gain. That far too precious commodity that was information. "Indeed. Demons aren't renowned for their works of civil outreach, but I'm certain even my family could be cajoled into contributing somewhat. Incubi have that wonderful advantage of being confidantes, it gives so many tender strings to pull when the need arises. Such selfless appealing to the lowest common denominator can only have positive returns."

A shallow bow. "I too shall endeavour to find some suitable means of communication in the meantime. Should you wish to find me again, I frequently wander this place. I'm sure our paths will cross again at a later juncture. I look forward to seeing if human ingenuity is even half of what it is cracked up to be."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 pm
"We seem to be in agreement, then. I'm sure an encounter can be arranged, in one way or another." Jordan grinned, making sure to show a little extra tooth. "Until we meet again, then."  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:31 pm

"Until then, my human friend." he stated, pausing to give him a final look over, before turning and heading back the way he came, back to the school grounds.

He had things to write.

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces