Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 pm
Capricious Dreams
Yeah, they say that they will cover it if we give them an itemized list from our contractor but evidently he messed up the list he sent them earlier. Heh, yeah. I just sort of work on it bits at a time but I don't always reread it all which makes it sound funny I think.

Charles's paws hurt badly as he ran but he knew if he stopped Strife would literally run straight over him and probably be unable to stop for a few yards. His breathes came in rough and short pants, the feline's sides burning from lack of oxygen and exhaustion. As well as he knew his friend he heard the sigh as his tail teased along the larger male's stomach, smiling softly as he looked up at the other male. "I know. It could be fun. We could pretend," he said, panting between each short sentence. Softly he gasped as his friend roared, shivering and letting out a soft mewl. It always impressed him how strong and powerful the larger sounded when he did that. His own voice was so small and weak compared to such a roar, but he didn't mind much. The feline felt that it was his job to be soft spoken and small to balance his friend's louder voice and larger presence.

The wind flowed around Charles's body, ruffling his wings slightly as he ran. He could smell the salt of the ocean and hear the sounds of birds that lived near the water. His ears twitched slightly, picking up more of his friend's heart beat and breathing. Lightly he nodded as he acknowledged that their parents would probably have already caught up to them if they were going to come get them. "Yeah. Maybe," he said, panting heavily as he tried to speak. The pain from his paws was sapping his strength, making it harder for him to keep up the pace. While he knew they were close he was tiring fast and soon he would probably collapse from pain and exhaustion.

Softly Charles's mother smiled, happy to offer the king some hospitality and comfort while he and her husband spoke about their children. She was fond of the king staying since she heartily approved of her son and the prince spending time together. Charles was always happy when he spoke of Strife, his eyes lighting up with enthusiasm and awe. The only thing she worried about was what would become of the boys' friendship once they grew up more. It seemed they would always be close, but how would they cope with having to share their friend with others? Shaking her head she settled into ordering the staff to do specific tasks, being stern and precise but not harsh.

Charles's father kept pacing, still agitated by his thoughts. "I should hope so. Your son would probably do quite well in war, should it ever happen. It would suit his nature and need to be active. My son on the other hand would probably hide timidly behind the prince should something like that ever happen. He just doesn't seem cut out to be a leader, just a follower. Perhaps I just don't push him enough. He is so small and I don't want to have him hurt. But he is nearly old enough to be full grown even for his small stature." The feline sighed and stopped his pacing, settling down again and shaking his head. "I suppose you would say 'what will be, will be' my liege. Perhaps he will learn to use his small size to his advantage and become strong."

When they reached the beach Charles sighed and found a flat place he could lay down, curling up so his feet weren't on the ground anymore. Seeing his friend wading into the water he let out a yelp, sighing and shaking his head as the other male howled in pain. "Yeah, that would be best," he said, getting up and climbing on top of his friend's chest to look at the damage that the salt might have caused. Softly he smiled and settled into the sand near by, curling up with his body pressed against the strong side of his friend. "Yes, it is nice to be able to relax. So long as you can keep from getting us into trouble," the feline teased, licking some salt from the prince's fur.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 pm
Skimbleshankx
Leave it to that one person to mess things up xD Nah, I think it sounds/reads just fine :3 Sorry for this post though, it's a real eyesore. I couldn't think of anything to type so it is all choppy and short and...Blah! Yeck. emotion_puke

The exhaustion of the other boy was apparent through his heavy breaths that Strife too heaved, his more of a soft growl that rumbled his chest through his mane from the weight now on it, being his own body mass but briefly also the pressure of Charles as well as he assessed the damage. His paws throbbed from the irritation the salt caused, but he knew his friend could not see that, even through the soggy bandaging that disguised his frontal paws. As Charles crawled about his chest he let out a heavy breath, blowing out a single snort in the boy's face, chuckling after having done so. "And when have I ever gotten us into trouble?" He inquired with a sarcastic roll of his eyes, grunting as the feline hopped off him to settle in the sand, rubbing and fluffing the fur that had been flattened by the boy's weight."I mean," he began drumming his large paws on either side of his chest, the thumping muffled by the thick of his fur."Besides about every time we see each other." Or even before then, just the process of meeting up got them into trouble many of times. The prince couldn't help it though, or so he liked to think, it was just in his nature to make a mess of things and he couldn't deny that he enjoyed nearly every second of it.

The king sighed, " I would hope it wouldn't come to that. I would trust him to take over but I feel it would be damaging to both boys...If not their friendship." Strife had only dealt with small scale aggression against him, nothing he couldn't handle himself, even with the smaller boy clung to his side. In war, the king feared that having dead weight, as he knew the smaller feline would be even if he tried to help, would agitate the prince to a breaking point. If that were to happen, Strife could end up losing the only friend that he had, perhaps not the last but his first. The prince had a well known temper and the possibility of that happening was high."A little push never hurt." The beast laughed, his shoulders rising and falling to the soft noise. "No pain, no gain. I think that's all he needs, I wouldn't go about telling you how to manage your son though, that is out of place for even me as King." That advice might have been his wrong doing when raising his son so what place did he have with it? His chuckling ceasing, the behemoth shook his mane."Use his stature for more than hiding away in the most convenient places. Could be an excellent spy." He half heartily teased, soon quirking his features curiously to the man before him that had finally seated himself."My boy isn't much older than yours is he? Maybe that is all the bigger Charles will get." The king mused. "I always imagined your son being much like yourself, but I suppose my imagination is a bit wild at times. Poor thing might have his sisters out grow him, I could see him stepping up a bit then." Strife wouldn't get much bigger himself, but even in his size there weren't many that would match him besides himself that he knew of. The whole "no pain, no gain" certainly neglected his growth.

The brilliant cerulean of the prince's irises reflected the sky above them as he stared out mindlessly into its vastness, prying from it to look at the creature that was hugged to his side, purring as his fur was groomed free of salt; even being the smallest patch. "Where should we go next?" He asked, dragging his claws through the thickets of his mane from his chin to his chest, itching the hide that was irritated from the salt that clung to it. He displayed his teeth in a grin, "after our parents think we have calmed down a bit." Both paws stretched upward, swatting playfully at the creatures that flew high overhead with his decent paw, the other he carefully tested but bent it back to his chest to not strain it. "I was thinking we could go to the mountains, find that weird plant everyone's been talking about or..." A brief pause was taken to consider the options. "or maybe we could go back to the forest north of here and see what that has for us this time." Strife's paw stretched and flexed before dropping back to his chest, again taking his claws to his hide, though it wasn't much to itch anymore, just to preoccupy it.  

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 am
Capricious Dreams
Heh, yeah. If you say so. I can't ever feel something I do is good. Yours seems fine to me though. My posts are probably useless.

Softly Charles chuckled, more than happy to see that there seemed to be no major damage done to the other male from their run. His own paws were sore and somewhat painful but he wasn't too worried about that. He purred as he snuggled close to Strife's side, resting his head lightly on his friend's chest. "Oh... pretty much every time we go out for sure," he said playfully, licking some of the other male's fur in the wrong direction. The feline's tail lightly flicked against the larger male's stomach and side as he purred and tugged his teeth through a place the fur was matted. "I like being with you even if we get into trouble though," he said, "So long as we are together I don't feel as afraid or alone. You always try to keep me safe from everything." The small feline pressed a bit closer to the other male's stomach, purring and nuzzling against him. He didn't like that he always felt afraid by himself, his form so small and weak compared to his friend's.

"Yes, I would hope it doesn't come to that either. It would most likely break them apart forever and for the worst," Charles's father agreed, shaking his head. His son wasn't prepared for that sort of thing at all and having Strife possibly explode at him in anger would probably made the small feline's timid self confidence crumble away forever. "Perhaps, so long as the push doesn't break them," he said, somewhat worried about the two boys. The larger male's words made him sigh and nod, his wings flaring slightly as he resisted the urge to pace again. Softly he chuckled himself at the idea of turning his son into a spy. "Perhaps he would have the stealth for it but I fear he would never have the courage. Still, it would be something to see my boy doing something dangerous like that on his own." Shaking his head he grinned at the king though it fell as the man reminded him his son should be fully grown by now. "Yes, I'm afraid that is true. Perhaps he will step up more when his sisters are more grown but he will not likely ever become any bigger. There may still be a few years that he could grow but it's unlikely. His sisters are already bigger than he was at their age."

Slowly Charles shifted to lick his friend's mane, finding a spot of salt near the skin. He purred as he dug into it gently, trying to ease the discomfort his friend felt. "Mrh, I think we should try the mountain maybe," he said slightly muffled against his friend's thick fur. As Strife shifted to swat at the sky lazily he moved and did his best to clean the small patch of salt before moving on. "Nuh, I don't want to go back to the forest. It's got spiders bigger than me," he said, looking up at the prince before moving to lick other places too. "Which plant are you talking about though? The white flower?" he asked, pulling back and lightly licking his friend's front leg gently to get the salt off. "Your wounds hurt any?" he asked, worried about how the salt might have affected the wounds.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:45 pm
Skimbleshankx
Well your work is great! Deal.With.It. ;D No, a useless post is one line, if that. Yours aren't useless~

Strife growled at the smaller creature as his fur was groomed in a distasteful manner, though it was not meant as a threat to the boy as it was airy and a bit playful in its tone and manner, the prince nipping at the others ear and soon doing the same to the fur atop his head as a form of innocent revenge; however, began to lap it back fat against his head."That's what I am here for." He purred between licks. "I mean, if I didn't, I would have no one to share in the blame." The muscles in his abdomen twitched and shook the hide as the sensitive fibers that coated it were lightly grazed by the feline's tail, forcing out a quick puff of air through his snout, almost seeming like a sneeze. Of course, he wasn't going to deny that Charles had the same effect on him; however, where as he expelled the boy's fears, the boy tamed him more so than he would be alone, losing much of his temperament, mainly to keep from scaring the boy off. He had a knack for losing his composure still but he tried harder to tuck it away. The large male stared down slightly at the smaller one that nestled close against him, craning his neck to pull him closer yet. "I have to protect you. I don't like you hurt, it hurts me worse than any physical wound could." He informed with a comforted sigh.

Imaging the small kit in the middle of a rivaling kingdom with the pressure of risking his life weighing him heavily, the king laughed, shaking his head at the idea and questioning his own sanity for even thinking it. There was potential, but not enough that he thought could be of use."Even if he did find the courage to be able to do it, I'm sure strife would have an objection or two to the idea." The prince being the obsessive type over the boy's safety would certainly bring and uproar if it were ever to be brought up in anyway, even just as a theory or simple jest. It was an interesting situation to bring about the scenario of harm or death of Charles to Strife, his reaction most of the time being absolutely irate; however, it was mostly unheard of. Strife wouldn't have anything to do with the conversation. The king knew it was cruel, not only to Strife but Charles himself as he was the target of the matter, but it was entertaining...As well as concerning. He knew of loyalty but Strife somehow pushed it clear past loyalty."It's curious how the male got the short end of the gene. Thought your height was dominate in the male end of your family and here your only son is..." The king paused, clearing his throat. "Oh dear," He began, his head tilting slightly to the side as to quiz the other male. "Are you certain it is a boy?" He crudely teased.

As Charles began to comb out the salt from his skin and fur, Strife relax back in the sand again, purring softly in relief of the irritating itching the salt created."Yeah, your're right. Took me days to get the webbing out of my fur. Could do without that for a while." Taking his tongue along both his paws, he dragged them across his antlers and down his head, repeating the process a few times before shaking out his mane. His features contorted into a disgusted look as he shook his head, the taste of the ointment and blood through the bandaging clinging to his tongue."No no." He gagged lightly before continuing."We can look for that one too though. I was thinking of the prickly grass, or weed, whatever it is with the purple leaves. Makes a bunch of medical things and has sticky liquid inside." He wasn't much for describing items of any kind, finding that seeing it in his head was good enough, though even then his memory wasn't the greatest at times. As Charles licked at his front limbs, he turned on his side, careful of his injured shoulder, and lifted the other out of the boy's reach. "What wounds? I don't feel any wounds." He absently spoke with a sarcastic coating. "How are yours though?" He asked curiously, nudging the feline's chest with his snout.  

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Skimbleshankx

Friendly Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 am
Capricious Dreams
Lol. If you say so. I hate one line posts. I tried to roleplay with a person who generally posted five words or lest and it drove me crazy.

Charles chuckled and purred softly as Strife let out a playful growl as he licked the other male's fur. He was happy to have his ear nipped though he let out a soft yowl as his ear was licked back against his head like that. "Aw, and here I thought you really cared about me," he said teasingly, lightly nipping on the other male's neck playfully as he worked his way through the fur. His tail continued to tease his friend's stomach lightly as he licked and nuzzled against the prince's neck. It didn't surprise him any that he was pulled even closer, the feline purring more loudly as he nestled against his friend's broad and warm chest. "I want to protect you too Strife. I don't want you getting hurt, particularly not because of me." He sighed softly and licked the larger male's neck affectionately, content so long as they were together. His wings shifted slightly as he curled up a bit more to enjoy the warmth of the other male's body against his. The smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves washing in and out made him feel a bit sleepy, particularly joined with the scent of the prince so close to him.

"Oh, I know that the prince would have several objections to his friend being sent out to risk his life like that. Particularly since Charles would have to go out into danger on his own into danger." Charles's father shook his head and snorted softly, knowing that there was no chance his son would be useful for that kind of thing if he was ever useful for anything. He looked over at the king curiously as the other male spoke of how odd it was his son was so small then seemed to think that his child might really be female. "Of course I'm certain he is a boy," he said, chuckling and shaking his head. "I was there when he was born. I'm fairly certain I can tell the difference between male and female," he said, lightly bumping his shoulder against the other male's. "Besides, I think that your son would have objected at some point or said something about having a female companion. No, I assure you that my son is male, even if his body is small." His wife chuckled softly and shook her head. Her son was male physically but sometimes she doubted he was in other ways. He never liked female things but neither did he draw pleasure from masculine things either.

Softly Charles chuckled as Strife relaxed and purred, cleaning the salt as much as he could. "Gross stuff," he murmured, agreeing that the webbing was more trouble than it was worth. Looking up he worried as the other male tried to clean his antlers, wondering if that was bothering his friend. He purred softly as the other male said that he was thinking of something else that was a type of medicine. "Oh that one. It's supposed to be really rare and well hidden though. I thought it grew only on the very top of the mountain on the walls of cliffs." He let out a soft meow as the other male shifted, pouting slightly "These wounds," he said, lightly batting the other male's wounded shoulder. "I'm alright. My paws are a bit sore from running and my wing still hurts but I'll live," he said, lightly licking along the bridge of the prince's snout while he was nudged in the chest. "Is your shoulder alright? You were hurt pretty bad and I bet the run didn't do you much good."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:45 pm
Skimbleshankx

Oh my, if this isn't a sight for sore eyes.
I'd lost my touch and didn't wish to taint the role play with my shaky writing, but the more I re-read, the more I miss this session so.

I have copied every post over to my information guild here for safe keeping just in case this guild were ever to be deleted/edited/ etc. and, whether we continue or not, I am preparing a reply to clear my conscience for ever stepping down from such a grand role play no matter how rusty my skills have become.

I do welcome you though to the guild if you wish to try to start this up again[considering you even still get on gaia].  

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 pm
Skimbleshankx
Just keep this in the back of your mind as you read.
I do hope you wish to continue this.
If not, let this be our unfortunate closing and a very sad one.

Strife struggled with his composure, fur twitching and shaking away the tension that the boy's tail caused in his muscles. Having had pulled the smaller male closer to him made it a bit more difficult to brush a tail across him so he could enjoy the lacking in space between them; the most of it being his own thick fur. If a tail did twitch, it would be more mobile near his back, which didn't seem to provide an issue as his side and stomach had.He then laughed, listening to his friend's words."I suppose all we can do is try our best, hm Charles?" He returned the affection with a glance of his muzzle up the boy's neck, gently tapping his cheek with the tip of his tongue that, even as he let his head lay once more, showed slightly through the folds and fur of his mouth. "Sometimes we can't help what happens though." He huffed a hot breath of air through his snout into the fur of the little one's neck. "Which is bothersome sometimes." Any number of things could happen in the world, an infinite amount of possibilities; be them good, or bad. Charles always kept himself aware of this and in situations where things seemed impossible, he still counted the options that were open and things that could happen to Charles within them, making sure the best for him was the one that stood on high. Perhaps the best was not the case during the incident that bared them new scars, but at least his friend had made it out, as well as himself. He admitted, it could have been worse.

"Of course, of course you can." The king roared in his humor, swaying on his feet slightly as he was moved by the other male's shoulder. Casualty between them all was refreshing to the stale air of formality amongst the servants and royals; which was the routine interactions he had often."I would indeed think he would. He never did deal well with the opposite sex, always found them too fragile for his tastes, and it seems more so than your son. He must see something strong about your boy, perhaps something we do not. It is often friends know better than their parents." He chuckled. "Certainly we all could relate. I just hope he has not set up a high hope on the boy that cannot be made." He stood with a sigh, wishing they would be back soon, but finding it unlikely. He truthfully enjoyed their conversation, but the boys' safety with their injuries nipped at the back of his mind and threatened to tear through. He had to find something else to do than dwell on the their sons; what, he did not know, but he would eventually find something if not find the same satisfaction in the effort. "Now, I really do enjoy our talks old friend, but I have much to do yet. I will have watch on the castle and be by to be sure of your son's safe return." He aged expression seemed light, though very well worn by the combined antics and well-being of them and his kingdom."I do hope to talk like this again, the castle is open to the both of you as you very well know. I now must excuse myself though, do take care." Pardoning himself, the King gave a respectful nod and paced himself accordingly as the King as he made his exit.

The large boy nodded, teeth showing in a canine's grin. "Yeah, that one. We haven't been to the mountains in a while, I don't see why just looking would hurt; and if anything, if we find it, I will get it. The white flower would be nice to find too though." Twitching as the boy pawed at his shoulder, the prince gingerly batted the boy's paw, pressing it against his shoulder though not hard enough to keep it there as he feared it would hurt him if he tried."Bah, it doesn't hurt a bit. Just a little strain, nothing I can't get over." He laughed heartily to keep up his strong false front, flexing the muscles in his shoulder for the paw that was pressed against it to feel; however, it felt like his muscles were blazing like fire and snapping like an overstretched fabric. It hardly showed, just a little glimmer of agony shrouded by his pride. It was a struggle to keep himself tame, but the small feline kept him in check, easing his pains with little displays of his affection; small, but effective. He lowered his muzzle into Charles' fur, taking in his scent and closing his eyes for the moment's peace.

Inspired by a piece of mine. Heheh, I inspired myself, how odd.

"I'm scared--Charles. What is left of me now? This small little piece, a fraction, a worthless speck, of what I used to be."Just remember. "I do, that day." How beautiful. "Yes, it was... We never did get it." There is still a chance. "I knew you wouldn't leave me." His muzzle twitched, ears flicked back but his eyes were closed, unaware of his conscious body with nothing to provoke it. Abruptly, with a suddenness that rocked even him, his body shocked him back into animation. It was painful, a physical illness befalling him, as his feet hit the marble. He wore no wounds, nor a known sickness, it was a conversion of emotions into symptoms; something that could not be cured or controlled. He was a sore sight, never so lowly in appearance than his first moments after he awakes, though the sight never changed and the feeling never was any easier to deal with. It was a mixture of nausea and helplessness; the air thick with his feverish breath and silent cries. Strife's legs had buckled, taking the fall mostly to his antlers and leaving it so; head heavily left flat against the marble. He watched for a while as his breath fogged the marble beneath him, receding as he inhaled; mind blank in that brief moment of agony that caused him more pain than the nausea. The moment of realizing, he was awake.

It seemed he had calmed, his vitals steady now, and so he slowly stood. The prince scanned his room, letting a heavy sigh pass him before testing the nearest object with his weight. Full force given to the wall; a new chip, for the new day. These too, never got any easier.

He took to his studies with his father; sitting, listening, learning. It didn't stick though, it never did, he just bared it for the short time being then left when he was excused. His father tried, he tried to very hard to reach the prince, by for not-- the prince had strayed too far in his own mind, distanced himself to protect what was left of him, if there was anything at all. He couldn't but find a spec, a shred of hope in him and his life; what was once there was now gone. It was lost, no hope had reached him of gaining it back or that the pain would ever leave, that gaping hole in himself that spread him so thin at each angle that it could tear at any point. What was left was a shell, the brutality that he was born with and hid himself away in. It was a bunker for the small, weak, sensitive, and fragile creature that lived within him, that was was him; that he looked to for guidance but could hardly hear anymore. Fearing he would vanish, Strife frequented him, holding and reassuring him that he was still wanted.

It stared off into the lake below them, weeping silently but it was painfully loud to Strife. He too wept, looking to the sky to avoid the littler one's stare if it ever were to look from the depths. The mountains were his own sanctuary, where the little one hiding within him could come out and play-- or used to play, now he didn't want to move from the cliff's edge. He just sat there, staring. "When will we go back out there?" He asked the child, looking over to the littler him that still did not pry an eye. "We can't keep coming here to watch the water." There still was no response, but a voice did come, though not his own. Just remember. It made him cringe; his eyes tightened shut and his paws came down over his head."It was so beautiful." The little boy looked over, his expression dull and refused to show emotion, not even the gate ways to his soul broke the veil.It was so much fun too, wasn't it? The child's voice was raspy, hollow, and eerie. "He wanted it, he wanted that flower. I did it for him. It matched his collar, it would have suited him." The outside voice went silent, Strife's grip on his head tightened, then the scream came. It echoed, bouncing off of every corner of his mind with no escape or weakening. We left him."I shouldn't have left him. "We should have knownThe possibilities are endless.We should have seen it coming."I always do, I always think of him first."IT WAS ONLY A FLOWER"He wanted the flower, it was all for him!" The little boy stood, staring with his cold, discerning, cerulean gaze. The disappointment and hatred cutting into him like a jagged stake. The voices spoke in unison, and now he's gone.

The torn prince roared to release his agony before falling back on the worn surface of the earth; his presence showing in the parted and dying grass. His body came to a clatter on the ground, pieces of dirt and rock hurtling to the lake below him. "Charles-- please...Bring back Charles." Alive. He wanted to add, but it hurt to think of it, far more than anything. That was a boundary his body would not allow him to cross, the idea unable to pass his thoughts or even his lips. When his father or his family spoke of it, he could not hear it. Their words, like an image, become fuzzy and blurred beyond recognition.

They did as they had discussed, going up to the mountains for their next grand adventure in search for the medical plant and the white flower. All was good and well, it was a nice sunny day and even as high of an altitude as the had gotten-- it was still fairly comfortable. Of course, Strife wasn't going to risk his friend going as high as where his search was at since he didn't quite have the amount of fur he, himself, had, but he kept his friend thinking he would; he just wanted to get high enough for a view. He was certain it would feel good in his feathers. They had gotten so far too, up past the mists and into thinner air, but within the break of the mists was a bush of flower that flowered just barely over a ledge. White flowers. Charles had pointed it out this a chipper chime to his tone, but Strife wouldn't let him get it himself since it had only been a few days since his bandages were removed, so he made the climb for it. He only looked away for a minute, a minute, one he will never get back and one that costed his friend's safety. The scream of the boy never left him, leaving a permanent mark on his conscience, the scream that chilled him to his core. It was a plea for mercy, for help-- for Strife.

He couldn't do anything, he wasn't in the position and he wasn't fast enough to get there anyway with his size. They had come without warning and left too quick. In his horror, Strife had, at some point, slipped from the rocks he bounded and fell on his already fractured shoulder. He still tried to pursue the creatures that kidnapped Charles, but they were more adapted to the mountain terrain than him and maneuvered the slick rocks with skill and grace. Strife's size, for once, being his down fall. Upon the slick and loose rocks, the prince's body gave in. His shoulder gave out and his weight on the rocks made them crumble; Strife fell unconscious from his wounds.

He came back to a world that again loathed them. Charles' family lost their faith in their kingdom, scolding and discouraging him from the throne. He didn't want the throne anyway, he never did, wanted to travel with Charles and see new places, new people. His father, though slightly more understanding, did crack down on him for his childish adventures and pushed him towards his studies more and more for the throne he had grown an even greater distaste for. The ones that once bullied him and Strife, once more bullied him about the events once they had caught wind of the feline's disappearance, though mourned the loss of the creature they once made fun of and hated; like they knew him. They were the ones that cut away at every shred of confidence Charles had, they knew nothing about him and were no more of a friend than the kidnappers were to him; where was there place to scold him? Charles, oh Charles, that poor boy! They would cry. He had so much promise in this world! He did, Strife saw it, what would they know of this promise?

This was what made the prince close up, hidden away, far away, within himself. This kept his temper at bay, keeping from harming himself and others. He had no other escape. No where else to go but within.

The little one sat back down, closer now, and placed a paw on the panting prince. His nightmares crawling further and further into reality with each passing month. He was closed in...nowhere to go. He wept over the cliff, such a silent cry but one that was louder than the greatest of roars. He dreamed again, the voice of the boy he lost. "Remember."  
{{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff