Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:54 pm
Cozatl fancied him self a medicine lion of sorts. When he'd been on his naming quest he had learned about the ways of healing, and herbal remedies, the properties of certain plants, and much, much more. It had been interesting, and he had a wonderful mentor during that time. It was why he had chosen to be called 'Dragon Flower' - Cozatl Fiore.

He often could not find the herbs he needed within the swamp, and carrying them all back by himself was hard some times. So, the pale green lion had recruited help from a good friend. He and the ginger colored lion walked side by side, conversing casually as they neared the swamp borders.

"But really, Jin, I am glad i persuaded you to go with me. I could really use your help."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:01 pm
"I'm glad I could be of help, Fiore," Said Jin.

Jin was always willing to help a friend. He and Fiore had grown up together. he thought of the noble healer as a brother. In fact, he had been quite lost without the other lion when he'd been out on his naming quest. To say he had a fondness for the pale green lion would have been an understatement, although if it were simply friendship or a more romantic love he couldn't say. HE had never thought about it.

Jinjur looked at the crudely woven bag around his neck - Fiore wore one too - and wondered just how much they needed of...whatever it was Fiore was looking for. And why?

"So, what's the order this time, doc?" Jinjur grinned and cocked his head to the side.

Jinjur had a friendly disposition. He was the one who always tried to lighten the mood. he tried his hardest to make everyone happy and put a smile on their face. He'd play the goofball if that is what it took. Jinjur wasn't too proud to act a fool. His friends meant more to him than any vanity or selfish pride.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 pm
Farli thought of his friend in very much the same way, though he had not put much thought in to just what their relationship was, or where it could go from here. They were friends - the closest of them - was that not good enough?

Farli then answered Jinjur, "One of Evangeline's daughters, Stela, I think it was, got scraped up a few days ago trying to get away from a crocodile. Now she's gotten her wounds infected. The poor girl is worried sick for her little one. Some would say it is bad parenting that she'd let little Stela get that way, but she is a single mother, and that was a rather large litter she had... I don't know how she keeps up with them all..."

Farli was sympathetic to the young mother. Evangeline had quite a large brood, and they were juveniles now, at that! Farli wouldn't be surprised if he saw more instances like this - thus why he was gathering the herbs in mass. Plus, the pride had just recently had a baby-boom, it would seem! So many children...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 pm
"Oh," Jinjur replied, "yeah, you're right. It sure seems like all these litters now a days are big ones... What do you think?"

Jinjur had never really thought about adding to the expansive baby-boom. He was young, and most just said he just hadn't met the right lioness yet. He didn't tell them that really? He just...wasn't that interested. Bros before hoes anyway, right? When would he have time to hang out with Fiore if he was having to help with kids, anyway? Of course..he thought it kinda would be fun to have little ones the he and Fiore could play with...

And that there was it - Jinjur wasn't thinking about whatever lioness he knocked up - his thoughts turned once again to one Cozatl Fiore.

Jinjur looked over to his friend, this time as if looking at him with new eyes...  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:20 pm
"What do I think about what?" Fiore replied.

Fiore really had no idea at the silly little thoughts running about in Jinjur's head. Despite being best friends, bros, Fiore was a lot more prideful and grounded than his self-less, happy-making friend. Fiore had his pride, and although he did try and act humble, he was also well aware that he was a noble. He felt like he had to act a certain way so that he didn't embarrass the rest of the nobles, and their queen - though he still couldn't get used to thinking of her as such, really. Even after 'all this time.'

He knew he should start looking for a mate, but like Jinjur, he just hadn't been interested. He didn't have the same kind of mushy thoughts his friend did, though.

Fiore caught Jinjur's gaze.

"Why the odd look?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 pm
"Huh?" Oh crap! Fiore had caught him! "Looking at you like what? I wasn't.... And um, what I was asking was, what do you think about all the cubs? You want them?"

Well, now if this hadn't become awkward, Jin didn't know what was.

As the question was asked, they stepped out of the swamp lands into drier jungle. The more dense foliage and drier ground was really all that one really had to tell that they'd left Jini-msemi land. At least on this side of the territory. Jinjur was a little afraid of the jungle. He'd heard that somewhere in there were lions that only came out at night. Blood thirsty lions.

Thankfully he and Fiore were making this trip during the day light...  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:38 pm
Seriously? What was going though Jinjur's head? Fiore wondered..

"Like everyone else, cubs are all different. Some you like more than others. It really depends on their personality. I don't look to have any of my own any time soon, though. At least, not ones that I have to take care of. Illegitimate children are always a possibility before I settle down with a proper mate."

Fiore didn't know just how bad his words would hurt his dear friend.

"It doesn't hurt for one to sow their wild oats while they can. it is important for a male to get their genes out there in the world, after all. It is in our nature to find a lioness, pleasure them, impregnate them, and leave them for the next one that comes around. All the better if you have a good bloodline to pass along."

This was Fiore's true line of thinking, and perhaps the real reason he had simply not wanted to settle down yet. He hadn't had his journey of conquest yet. Well...before he'd returned from his naming quest he had romanced a few young lionesses, but he hadn't really known what he was doing, and didn't know just how those conquests had gone...

Now that he thought about it...he did have the itch to woe a pretty lady...

Did this make him a manwhore? Did it make him sexist? Probably, in the eyes of some. He had learned this line of thinking when he was on his naming quest though. His mentor had left quite an impression on him aside from the medicinal knowledge. This was another of those things he'd taught him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:43 pm
Jinjur was shocked by the words that came out of his best freind's mouth. Shocked, and somewhat hurt, although he wasn't quite sure why... It made perfect sense that Fiore would want to settle down with a 'proper' mate later on...but he didn't understand the thing about the illegitimate children. 'Spreading his wild whatever?' What the hell did that mean?

Eventually Jinjur began to understand.

Oh.

Oh...

He began to feel very inadequette. He wasn't sure why, either. Was it because Fiore was so intelligent? Or maybe it was because Fiore was possibly interested in many lionesses, and might have already had young ones running around that neither of them knew about...

The thought was mind boggling for Jinjur. He just couldn't wrap his mind around it. He couldn't even find words to properly reply, so he changed the subject.

"Okay, well, what is it we are looking for, exactly?"  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:48 pm
If Fiore had hurt his friend, he had not meant to. If the conversation had become too awkward, he was not aware of it.

"We are looking for a plant that looks like this!" Fiore said as he found a small sprout of just the kind of plant that they were looking for.

He had full confidence that after his good friend saw what it looked like, he'd be able to search for it himself. Jinjur had always been good at remembering things. The lion had a bit of a photographic memory that way. He never forgot a face.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 pm
Jinjur examined the plant closely.

"Okay, I'll try my best!"

Jinjur tried his best to say it with his usual pep, but he couldn't help but feel somewhat...down. Saddened. Confused. Mortified.

He worked, searching for more of the plant and adding it to his satchel whenever he found some. Occasionally he would steal glances over at Fiore.

Was what he said true? Should he be going out and finding other lionesses to spread his bloodline with? Particularly ones that weren't fellow Swampies, so that it could become widely dispersed, like Fiore suggested?

Fiore was smart - if he said it was what should be done, then Jinjur had no choice but to accept his wisdom. After all, Fiore had been apprenticed to a wise old medicine lion on his naming quest! He must have certainly learned a lot!  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:55 pm
Their search was fruitful, and night was beginning to fall when they decided to head back to the swamps.

"Well, Jin, we should head back. The blood-suckers will be coming out soon, and I need to have this medicine ready in the morning. Let us return home, my friend."

Fiore, unaware of the emotions stirring in Jinjur, lead the way back home which was spent in relative silence, and instead of walking side by side, Jinjur followed the much more confident and wise Fiore.

What was this feeling?

Fiore had just totally Friendzoned Jinjur.

That is what it was.  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff