poll whore
View Results

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:32 pm
The Goth Apple
Laharl Part Deux
The Goth Apple
Laharl Part Deux
I guess I can understand. While I'm young and enjoy sex, I dislike how the media paints the picture that to be "desirable" you have to dress and act like a hussy. Not only that, but you have to have sex as much as one too. Sex is something beauty not trashy.
I'm twenty-one, a virgin, and I sort of want to see if I can make it to thirty. I know people who have. But I'm asexual, so that's different. I can understand the concept of an orgasm being pleasing, but the idea of being that physically close to another person for the sustained amount of time sex would require makes me wiggy. I don't even like hugging.
I get alot of flak for this; and alot of people saying I should get therapy to try and "fix" it. Unsurprisingly, this offends me.
When did prudence stop being a virtue?
I feel, there's nothing free about being prude and thats not who I am. If that works for you, thats good. But society is now gearing towards being totally free with ourselves. It's just a change in mentality that's been happening since the late fifties and early sixites with the sexual revolution and leaving prudence behind was apart of that revolution.
Respectfully, I disagree.
There's nothing wrong with you not being prude; but I do not feel that "being totally free with ourselves" means being freer with sex. If we really were being "freer"; it would work both ways. It doesn't. People are just talking about, and having, sex more openly then they have in the past.
While this isn't intrinsically bad, it isn't intrinsically good either.

i completely agree w/ you. i want to be free to be abstinent and be open about my sexual beliefs without being chastised for it. basically its like the sexual revolution had the societal norm turned 180 degrees and now almost everyone you know is having sex and being a virgin has become somewhat of a social taboo. it makes me cry on the inside. sexual freedom, i think, should be the freedom to love whomever you want, do whatever you want with them, and be open about it while still having the option to do the opposite, if what i'm saying makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
The Goth Apple
Laharl Part Deux
The Goth Apple
I'm twenty-one, a virgin, and I sort of want to see if I can make it to thirty. I know people who have. But I'm asexual, so that's different. I can understand the concept of an orgasm being pleasing, but the idea of being that physically close to another person for the sustained amount of time sex would require makes me wiggy. I don't even like hugging.
I get alot of flak for this; and alot of people saying I should get therapy to try and "fix" it. Unsurprisingly, this offends me.
When did prudence stop being a virtue?
I feel, there's nothing free about being prude and thats not who I am. If that works for you, thats good. But society is now gearing towards being totally free with ourselves. It's just a change in mentality that's been happening since the late fifties and early sixites with the sexual revolution and leaving prudence behind was apart of that revolution.
Respectfully, I disagree.
There's nothing wrong with you not being prude; but I do not feel that "being totally free with ourselves" means being freer with sex. If we really were being "freer"; it would work both ways. It doesn't. People are just talking about, and having, sex more openly then they have in the past.
While this isn't intrinsically bad, it isn't intrinsically good either.

i completely agree w/ you. i want to be free to be abstinent and be open about my sexual beliefs without being chastised for it. basically its like the sexual revolution had the societal norm turned 180 degrees and now almost everyone you know is having sex and being a virgin has become somewhat of a social taboo. it makes me cry on the inside. sexual freedom, i think, should be the freedom to love whomever you want, do whatever you want with them, and be open about it while still having the option to do the opposite, if what i'm saying makes any sense.
I think you're making sense, but I already agreed with you.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Dark_Style

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:08 pm
With the right person BDSM is hot enough to put me in extasy. I just love a dominant woman with a gentle side.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff