Submit

Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:11 pm
Nyx408
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
Nyx408
Yep I have no clue what you're all talking about......freshmen, sophomore, Inter teacher (well I know what that is now, we just call ours a student teacher her name is Rie sensei she is cool ^^)... Is anyone else here from Australia???? and just out of curiousity if I was in year 12 in America what would that make me? lol

Freshman= 9th
sophomore=10th
Junior =11th
Senior= 12th.

Your from Australia? *envys*
Im from boring old Las Vegas....

Ooooh Las Vegas? Isn't it meant to be uber cool there? na Australia is pretty average. They spiff it up for American tv though lol. Besides I only live in Melbourne probably the most boring city in Australia next to Canberra.

watch the quote and edit button.. Being a mod, you can edit others posts ninja

Vegas isnt all that great. Expecally when your under age...

Oops lol that's funny. Still gotta be better than Melbourne. All we've got are museums old buildings and stuff....Then again we do have China town...I gotta go there next time I'm in the city my friends went and said it was awesome lots of cheap anime and watching crazy asians play ddr.

well here its hard to find a DDR machine that we can play at, with out our parents taking us stare  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:29 pm
i think im one of the youngest here
im in 8th grade  

momiji_sohma_kun

cindEEK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:01 pm
kittiwindx
lol... I am new to this guild, and I just looked at the member list and noticed that I have donated the most gold out of anyone so far...
Ya'll should try and beat me...

How much did you even donate?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:43 pm
Wooo go me! xd I'm applying for a scholarship and if I get it I get to go and study year 12 in Japan Mwahahahahaaaaa! I'm gonna be so cut if I don't get it... xp  

Nyx408
Crew

Yilei

Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:20 am
Awesome. I probably would've gone on exchange already, but I had complications with just changing my major this year, so the timing's all wrong now. gonk I'll probably join JET after I graduate and finally go there under that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:01 am
What's JET?  

Nyx408
Crew

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:15 pm
Nyx408
What's JET?

The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme. It sends native speakers of English to Japan for 1-3 years to teach English as assistant English teachers (AETs). My friend has been doing it for a year now, and gets to stay a second year whee She's so lucky.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:58 am
chinotenshi
Nyx408
What's JET?

The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme. It sends native speakers of English to Japan for 1-3 years to teach English as assistant English teachers (AETs). My friend has been doing it for a year now, and gets to stay a second year whee She's so lucky.

Oooohhh sounds good...I was thinking about trying to get a job with a company called nova once I've finished university but it's starting to sound slightly dodgy.....do they take people from lots of different countries for JET?  

Nyx408
Crew

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:57 am
Nyx408
chinotenshi
Nyx408
What's JET?

Oooohhh sounds good...I was thinking about trying to get a job with a company called nova once I've finished university but it's starting to sound slightly dodgy.....do they take people from lots of different countries for JET?

*chuckles* I had a friend who took language lessons through Nova before she came to the US as an exchange student.

As long as you're a native speaker of English, it doesn't matter what country you're from. They take people from the US, Canada, England, Australia, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:08 am
chinotenshi
Nyx408
chinotenshi
Nyx408
What's JET?

*chuckles* I had a friend who took language lessons through Nova before she came to the US as an exchange student.

As long as you're a native speaker of English, it doesn't matter what country you're from. They take people from the US, Canada, England, Australia, etc.

Nice...So does the chuckle mean Nova is a load of crap? lol...I only realised recently that I'd probably be like 26 before I can get a job with Nova and I can't wait that long!!!!  

Nyx408
Crew

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:30 pm
Nyx408
chinotenshi
Nyx408
chinotenshi
Nyx408
What's JET?

Nice...So does the chuckle mean Nova is a load of crap? lol...I only realised recently that I'd probably be like 26 before I can get a job with Nova and I can't wait that long!!!!

I don't think Nova is crap. There are two competing companies in Japan for English education, one is Nova and the other is Aeon (can't remember the spelling). I had a friend in each and they would bicker over which was better all the time. Memories of their bickering during lunch is what made me chuckle wink
26? eek I couldn't wait that long either. Look into other companies and programs; you should be able to find somewhere that will take you before you're 26 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:31 pm
I am thinking about doing the JET program. I'm in college majoring in East Asian studies (focusing on Japanese) and Education. Think it would be cool.  

FightouChan

The Japanese Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces