Intro
"Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our Creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted." spoke the quiet voice of Fang Xioru, meeting the gaze of each eager Assassin recruit until his eyes met the dark gaze of Daiyu Li. In unison, the recruits repeated these words solemnly, their eyes glittering stars. They each were branded with the mark of their order, burned on their left ring finger. This small pain was nothing to the female recruit, Daiyu Li, for what she was about to become was far superior than this minor pain.

Fang Xioru nodded, then turned to the archway behind him, "Come. Your days as Assassin recruits are over. Follow, and become one of the order."He exited the room to the outside, where each man or woman would take their Leap of Faith, signifying of their passing and become an Assassin. They each leapt, one by one, off the side of the tower. Each disappeared until finally Daiyu Li stepped forward. She was the last. The Mentor looked at her and gave her a slight smile. "You will become something great, Daiyu Li. Go now," he said, clapping a hand to her shoulder before nudging her to the edge. Daiyu Li took a deep breath, summoning her courage.

She leapt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Plot
The year is A.D. 1399, three years before Emperor Yongle's massacre of the Chinese Assassin Brotherhood. Fang Xioru now leads the Assassins, and word has spread that an Apple of Eden lies somewhere underneath the great city of Beijing, leading Fang Xioru to assume that the Templars know of its location as well. Now it is a priority to get to the Apple first, lest it fall into the wrong hands. A small group of only the greatest has been sent to find its location -- will you find it in time?

Rules
- I am god of this realm. What I say, goes.
- No god-moding, gary/mary-sueing, auto-hitting/dodging, etc.
- Swearing is permitted, just don't use it in every other sentence. We're Assassins, not sailors.
- Romance is encouraged! If it gets steamy, take it to the PMs or do a time skip.
- Try to keep your profiles as historically accurate as possible, as I have done the same. This may require you to do a little research. Go ahead and do it, it's not that bad.
- You may play as Fang Xioru or Li Tong if you know their backstory. *These characters are first-come first-serve. If you don't get them, sorry for your luck!
-Please notify me if you plan to quit the role-play, so I may keep this as updated as possible.
- Please send your character profile to me in the form of a PM. Label the subject as "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." so I know you have read the rules.
- All images belong to their rightful owners.
- Please note that these rules are subject to change.

Character Skeletons

[b]User:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] (Please no Master Assassins. Not everyone in the Brotherhood was a Master!)
[b]Weapon Choice:[/b] (Maximum of three!)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Additional Details:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

Open Roles

Fang Xioru (Leader/Master Assassin) - Open
Li Tong - Open

Accepted Profiles

User: Sagittariis Munashii
Name: Daiyu Li
Weapon Choice: Katana, Kung fu, needles/darts.
Personality: Quiet, reflective, ambitious, respectful.
Bio: Being Chinese, Daiyu Li (1370-1402) was born and raised in Beijing. Her parents were wealthy merchants and she got along with them very well until one day 12-year-old Daiyu came home with a small puppy, begging to keep it. Her father replied to her with a 'no', but still she persisted, so her father took the puppy and ran a knife through its gut. Devastated, Daiyu Li told her father that she hated him and wanted him to die. She fled her home, hiding in the streets and taking what belonged to others. Little did she know that those would be the last words ever spoken to her father, as by the next week he was dead -- slain by Templars during his journey on the Silk Road. Her mother made sure that he was properly buried, barely, then died a few days later by supposedly grief. Daiyu returned to her mother the day she died, saying that she regretted ever speaking to her father like that. Her mother died in her arms, and Daiyu had her buried next to her father. For the next several years Daiyu wandered the lands, but eventually returned to Beijing when she was nineteen. By then she had become known as a notorious thief and had a bounty on her head. An Assassin had taken a contract to get her sorted out, but upon meeting her, he befriended her instead. He insisted that she join the Brotherhood and 'disappear' from the minds of the people. She was not swayed and was hostile towards him still until he mentioned that she could get her revenge on the Templars. She agreed and a few days later, Daiyu Li became an Assassin recruit. After 6 years (she was 25 at this time) she became a true Assassin. She was killed during Emperor Yongle's executions at the age of 32.
Additional Details: She used to have long hair, but she cut it short with a katana blade when she became an Assassin to signify a change in her life. She is very skilled with the longbow and crossbow, although she doesn't usually use them as 'main weapons'. She loves dogs and hates disrespectful people and traitors. She also prefers being called by her full name, Daiyu Li, instead of just Daiyu. The art for this character is made by me, YOU MAY NOT USE IT! (The image link is broken atm. Will fix later.)
Appearance: User Image