Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(An open JRP for anyone with a recent rogue that joined/is joining. As the giveaways were raffle based, here is where you can pick what rank you want your lion to be.
You may chose from the following: Hunters, Scouts, Guards, Healers, Storytellers, Nannies. Other ranks may be available after some rp/ pridal activity.)

Change was on the wind, and a lot of it was Umoja's own doing. There had been a stillness within the pride, and it seemed to drive some of the birds a bit restless. Relaxing the rules on joining rogues, he decided to allow new blood in to help flesh out their small numbers. He himself hadn't taken another mate since his Queen had died in the earthquake, though it was obvious that he was smitten with the newly joined Lomasi. Perhaps itw as her fault that he was more open to new blood, or for the worry on the future generations. Regardless, it was hard to ignore that their valley was a little too large for their small numbers, and it would be nearly impossible to protect it if another prie wanted to claim it for their own. Thus, the King would need to put his trust into these strangers, and watch their growth as they adjusted to the pridal life. Ranks needed to be filled, and Umoja was tired of handling the majority of the stress that ruling a pride demanded.

"Welcome," he said to the gathering group. A few birds argued with each other, and some lions were busy chatting with one another, but for the most part the group quieted down. There were some established members here, drawn out by their curiosity and social standing. He couldn't blame them, and only hoped that this would go smoothly.

"I know that there are quite a few of you who have joined recently. You've had the time to settle in and get used to our way of life; now I ask of you to completely immerse yourself in it. One at a time, I ask that you introduce yourself to me personally, as well as your bonded bird, and what job you would like to carry. An appropriate guide will assist you in learning exactly what your duties are, and you'll be approved as a full fledged member of the Aka'mleli pride."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm
User Image

Altana had been among those that had gathered. While she had been within the lands for some time now, she had never properly introduced herself to anyone already within the pride or received her official duty to it. Of course she was nervous among so many others. It had been so long since she had been with so many other lions in one place. While it brought back fond memories of her old pride, it also raised foul memories that were better left undisturbed. As she glanced to the others, none stepped forward. The star-pelted female swallowed heavily and with a formal dip of her head, Altana approached first.

"Your majesty." She addressed him as, still unsure of how formal the pride truly was with their royal family. Despite that, the noble raising she had undergone as a cub still stuck even in her old age. "I am Altana and I wish to properly become one of your pride's storytellers. I am old and have traveled much in my younger days wandering the rogue lands. I would like very much to share my knowledge through woven tales so that all of your pride may enjoy them and learn from them." She glanced to her side, her eyes glancing over some of the pride members who were accompanied by their bonded birds. The lioness had already learned much of the pride and one of the key factors was the boon of Hestia. "I'm afraid I still still have no bonded, but I hope that one will grant me the honor of being their companion some day."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm
User ImageHis yellow eyes were busy looking around at the moment. There were a few birds and lions here, which didn't surprise him too much. After all, it was a rather common practice, being a companion to such a wonderful creature like the bird. He looked to his own friend, Afua, and grinned at him.

When they were quieted down, he looked upon the male and listened carefully. Oh, he was curious alright. He had a few questions, but he didn't want to be the first to ask. Adin tended to wait things out before he did anything; more of a strategist than anything.

He glanced at the female as she spoke and noted her stary pelt. She would be good for night work, if they ever needed it. However, then she said story teller and he wrote her off from that. Yes, it was good to tell stories and recall history, but that wouldn't keep the pride safe, would it?

Afua flitted his wings a bit and looked to Adin, urging him silently to step forward with a jerk of his head. So, Adin did.

"I'm Adin, You Majesty." His voice was deep and hand kind of a rumble too it. "My bonded is Afua. We've known each other since he hatched under my careful eye. I would like the position of scout, Majesty. I feel my best quality is my stealth and then observation my second." With that, his bird puffed up and nodded.

"It's like he says. We're both suited for scouting information. We've done a lot of it before we came here." Afua's voice wasn't as low, obviously, but it was obvious he was a male. Really, the bird didn't have too much to say. He just liked getting the last word.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 pm
It drove Mapatano absolutely crazy when there were people about he didn't know. Sure, 'know' was being used sparsely here. But after all that had happened, though it had been a few years now, perhaps, it still unnerved him a bit to find so many strangers back in his home. But he ultimately agreed with Umoja. Yes, it was time to open up.

He wasn't here to judge anyone today. Mapatano needed to know their names, and memorize their faces. He was good with such things, and sat close enough to Umoja so that he could hear the introductions.

––––

Though he wasn't usually a shy sort, the nature of his new bonded made Bamba seem rather quiet and still in comparison. He was sure the avian was just excited, but did he have to move around so much? Once Adin had moved up and introduced himself, Bamba felt he may as well do the same. Now or never, and all that!

"Hi, I'm–"

"Bamba Ndoto!" The bird interjected excitedly, looking positively delighted.

The lion, in turn, smiled sheepishly, before going on. "This is Tototl." The avian seemed much less excited about introducing himself, so he didn't interrupt this time. Still, he fluffed out his feathers and perched, clearly pleased, on the head of his bonded.

"And I think I'd be a good–" "Hunter!" "...hunter, for you. If you would have me."

(Rasui in another post, sometime!)

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm
User ImagePaya'Senja has been a rogue when Muram, one of the birds without a bond that resided on the mountain, and been out and about. Spotting the lioness who had lost track of her wondering group, he immediately chose her. For what reason, he wasn't sure, but Muram was a very decisive bird, was prone to making sudden spur-of-the-moment decisions, and was pig-headed and stubborn to boot. There was no changing his mind once he'd made it up.

Now, Paya was still just a young adult. Hyper and playful, she lacked a seriousness that had driven her companions - who were just as young, but were maturing in personality - to up and leave their travel companion in the middle of the night. Paya didn't understand, and was deeply hurt. That was when Muram found her.

'I'll be your friend. Be your friend forever. Friend for life. Constant companion. Never leave. Ever.'

This promise made her happy, although she was still wounded by her other friend's leaving her. Muram led her to his home, and she found the pride. Paya had never been a member of a pride before. What was it like?

Paya was curious, and that curiosity paired with her hyper and playful personality.... Well, she had probably left a lasting impression on a few of the pride members. If nothing else, she'd certainly make a few waves in the future!

When the others were done with their introductions, the wide-eyed lioness walked up with a peppy spring to her step and a beaming smile.

"Pleased to meet you, your majesty, sir! My name is Paya'Senja, and this, as you may know, is Muram!" She looked over to her bird companion who flew down to land on her back.

"He's the one who brought me here. I would absolutely love to be a nanny - watching and playing with cubs all day is right up my alley!"

Paya giggled, "Buuuuut I notice there aren't any sooooo, I guess I could help with the hunt!"

Not that she was any good at hunting. She wasn't. Really. But then again, did she really know what she was getting herself in to being a nanny? HAHAHA..ha....

((And all that was totally in Pinkie Pie's voice in my head. WRY!?))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:38 am

Unlike some of the others, Nethep had a bonded bird prior to entering the pride. Though they hadn't considered themselves bonded, so to speak. They'd just you know, been together. They'd always be together. They were like a bird and his talons, or a lion and their teeth. Parts of each other! The brown coloured lioness shifted from paw to paw excitedly. Ortak pecked her on the head gently, disguising it as grooming her hair, hissing a "Calm down!" to the excitable young adult. He himself was barely out of adolescence, and it looked like they were some of the youngest ones here. But they'd been together since they were babies, and finally finding a place to belong was so exciting...well, Ortak didn't peck her that hard.

Nethep waited for as long as she could, allowing the older (and therefore probably more senior) new members speak first before finally her impatience caught up with her and she scrambled forwards, tail flicking excitedly.

"We'd like to be scouts! For you know, adventuring purposes! We'll do the very best and report back!"

Ortak winced slightly, then spoke up.

"We're pretty good hunters if you have a shortage of them, though."

Nethep nodded enthusiastically, then grinned.

"Thanks again for being our home!"

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm
Shifting back and forth on her paws, Momozono was more than a little nervous. Her young eyes were bright, and anyone could easily see that she was filled with a mixture of pure excitement and nerves. She was one of the few that were brand new to the lands, having been brought there by her trustworthy mentor, Vanellus. Now, as she stood here with him among the others that had gathered, she felt the reality of it all. She had never been part of a pride before, but when she had come, and seen their ways, she felt that it was the perfect home for her and Van.
Waiting in the wings, she looked down at him now, standing regally with a proud look on his face. “Van – Vaaaaan….are you not nervous at all?” She whispered to him, waiting patiently as others stepped forward and introduced themselves.
Flicking his eyes up at her, his look was sharp. “Shh! Pay attention, Momo. This is our new home, and you need to listen to what each of these others has to say.” She was young, and he knew that gatherings like this only brought out that fact even more. But he would always stand by her, and try and guide her through it; after all, this was the best place for them.

Bringing her ears back at his words, Momozono felt a little scolded; though, it was probably for the best. After all, she should have been paying attention diligently, but felt more comfort whispering down to him. Now, as she brought her head up, she knew it was her time to step forward. She took in a deep breath, tilting her chin up a bit as she walked towards the dark lion. “Your majesty.” Dipping her head a little, following suit of some of those who had gone before her.
Vanellus took his steps carefully, trying not to look as though he was rushing to keep up with his young lioness. He was glad that she had become a bit more conscious of the situation and straightened up, and felt like a proud father watching her address royalty. This was it; their time had finally come to call a place home.

“I am Momozono –“ Pausing for a moment, she wanted to let Van speak; after all, he had been the one to find this place for them.

“And I am Vanellus.” He stood next to her now, and flapped his wings a little. Though he didn’t really show it, he was excited as well; he had taken care of Momo ever since she was just a small cub, and it had been fairly difficult in the beginning. He wouldn’t lie, though, she was still difficult at times, but this was probably the best option for the two of them. And, it was the absolute perfect place for a pair like them.

“I was thinking…well, I believe that I could become a nanny; if it was alright, of course.” Trying not to fidget, Momo had thought fairly hard about what occupation to take on, and, being fairly young herself, she had thought that she’d be best with young ones. “I know I’m young, but…I do take responsibility when needed.” She nodded her head, trying to reassure her selection.

“I believe in her decision, and will always be by her side.” Putting one of his wings out, he gently touched one of Momo’s legs, trying to ease her. Even if she became so flustered while being a nanny, he would still be there to give her advice and lead her in the right direction. “We hope to become a decent and hard-working part of this wonderful pride.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am
Kina'Maji wasn't entirely certain what he was doing here. It wasn't that he didn't like the idea of living in a pride, especially with Roho Kusugwa staying with him, but he just wasn't sure of what use he could be. The blue lion was barely out of adolescence, just grown into his mane, and still hadn't lost the last trace of juvenile clumsiness.

He supposed he wasn't a bad hunter, at least when he didn't trip over his own paws while stalking something. Roho helped; the pale vulture calmed and steadied him, reassuring him even when things didn't go well. Speaking of which, Roho was nuzzling his beak into his mane to try and get his attention. Oh! Oh, was it supposed to be his turn to speak? Oops! Already, another thing he had screwed up. This wasn't the best of starts...

"Oh, ah, I'm Kina'Maji," he said, and tried to get a look at his bonded bird to introduce him, as well. He should do that, right? "And this is -

"I can introduce myself, you know," the vulture squawked, and jumped down from where he had been perched on his bonded's back to make a sort of awkward, spread-winged bow to those gathered around. "I am Roho Kuguswa, and it is an honor for myself and Kina'Maji to be here." The vulture turned a beady red eye up at his bonded, and contemplated pecking him until he remembered what they were supposed to be doing.

Really, it was a wonder the youngster had made it through adolescence, as clumsy-pawed as he had been then. Roho hoped that the lion would grow out of it - fledgelings always were rather awkward and silly until they grew into their frames, but Kina'Maji seemed to be taking his sweet time about it. "Kina," he murmured, conveniently stretching a wing and 'accidentally' whacking the lion with it. "Kina, our job?"

"Huh? Oh, right!" Kina'Maji was thankful for the dark fur that hid his blush - he'd been a bit distracted looking around at all of the others who had gathered here. It was hard not to be - he had never seen so many lions and birds gathered together in one place before! Prides were such strange things - strange, but wonderful.

"We'd.. uh, like to be hunters, if we could? I'm sure we could do a good job at that."

((Sorry, fixed a typo that was driving me nuts))  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 am
Amnot had been among the pride for a few weeks at this point, having sought entrance shortly after meeting her bonded. The bird was a rowdy one, often urging the dark female to go out and do more than just search for herbs and finally the lioness had had enough. "Fine," she snipped at the bird once his insisting had reached an irritating level. "I will mingle as you wish," she grumbled, shaking her head as she made her way to join the rest of the new lions.

"Hey!" Amasai chirped, swooping low enough to playfully n** at her ear. "Stop acting like this is some chore that's beneath you. No one will come to you if they don't know you're there," he scolded quickly flying out of her reach. He hovered above her with a grin on his beak as she paused to glare up at him.

"You act as if I am some stick in the mud," she retorted with a snort only to receive a bout of laughter from the avian.

"That's because you are," Amasai responded between a fit of laughter. "Really though, you're too much of a..." he paused struggling to find the word he was looking for. "Well you're a stick in the mud, there really is no other way to put it."

She sighed, rolling her eyes as she moved towards the king. "Do remind me why I put up with you."

"Because without me your life would be lonely and boring."

"Well aren't you full of yourself."

"See! Stick in the mud!" He chirped coming to land upon her back.

She acted as though she found his words to be nothing more than an irritation but she couldn't hide the slight smile that curled the edges of her lips at him. She approached Umoja with as much respect as she had within her, which really was quite a bit. She dipped her head low in a formal greeting before beginning to speak.

"My name is Amnot and this is my bonded Amasai," she began turning her head in the direction of the bird on her back. He hopped forward, flapping his wings to lift him enough that he could settle on her head. Much to her annoyance. "Hello!" He chirped happily. "I wish to take upon the role of a healer, it was the rank of my mother in the pride of my birth and she shared her knowledge with me. I would like to make use of it if you'll allow it."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 pm
This whole gathering was of great interest to the young lioness. There was so much life and sound, with the bustle of other lions, speaking and waiting, listening, the sounds of the numerous birds that accompanied those lions. Lakiya was waiting too, waiting for her turn to speak to the king of the pride. It was very exciting. To her memory, she couldn't remember seeing so many. Granted, she was only just on this side of adulthood. Never mind the fact that she couldn't recall most of her youth. It didn't matter much. Not to her, not any more. She wasn't alone anymore. Lakiya had a forever friend. Kahili said so.

Perched upon her companion's back, the vulture was paying attention more keenly. When the few others who were in front of them said what they had to say and moved off, Kahili waited a few moments before side stepping closer to the lioness' head. She leaned in and lightly nipped behind her ear to get her attention. "We're up, Lakiya. Go on up. Don't be shy." Not that shyness seemed to be something that occurred all that often in the lioness. The vulture had found the lioness curled up in a slot canyon, alone and somewhat underweight. Upon landing near the lioness, it didn't take long to learn that the young adult couldn't remember her name, or didn't want to share it. She couldn't or wouldn't remember most things, it seemed. She seemed a good soul though, and appreciated the vulture's presence. Kahili took it upon herself to give the lioness a name. Lakiya, meaning found a hidden precious thing. It seemed to suit her and the lioness took to it like a frog to a watering hole. With teamwork, they got the lion back up to a proper weight. Almost in spite of the fact that much of her past was lost to her, the lioness actually had pretty fair hunting capabilities, a fact that almost surprised the cat.

There had been plenty of easy conversing between the two. Kahili had been the one to bring up the mention of the Aka'mleli pride, the vulture having apparently had a friend or relative hear of the pride, or even having been part of it at some point. It sounded wonderful. A home for the lost Lakiya among others like them, those that form bonds with those that soar through the heavens. Birds and lions living together. Partners, bondmates. Perfect. Lakiya jumped at the idea and after some traversing, here they were. The gentle n** to the back of her ear snapped the lioness to attention. "Hm! Oh, yes."

Lakiya drew closer to the king, stopping a respectful distance back. "Greetings, Majesty. My name is Lakiya." She paused to turn herself at an angle so that the vulture on her back could be more easily seen. The bird swept a wing out and away from herself, dipping to him in a bit of a bow. Kahili didn't want to bow too deeply lest she lose her balance and potentially have a bit of a spectacle in a fall. Everything could be played off, of course, but it was something she wanted to avoid if at all possible. "This is Kahili, my bondmate." The lioness practically chimed.

The vulture righted herself, turning her vibrant beak towards her companion. "We're glad to have come here." The avian said with a smile. "We hope to serve this place to the best of our abilities." Kahili, shifting her light brown eyes back to Umoja. Lakiya continued. "We'd like to be hunters. We can help provide for our new home. Mhm." That about covered everything. She couldn't think of anything else that needed addressing. So, that was that. Not too bad, not super scary.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:39 am
User Image
Dichali unsheathed a couple of his claws and began grooming them. His used his right claw to shave away a bit of dirt from the left. He remained lying down while the lions and birds around him chattered. His ears flicked in different directions, picking up snidbits of conversations. The muscles in his body were completely relaxed. If anything, he looked like he could be enjoying himself on a lazy afternoon under the shade of a tree. Though, he currently found himself at a gathering of very interesting individuals. A low-volume flow of dialog pulsated around the area. In any other circumstance, he’d love the attention from a potential audience. However, he knew when to keep aside. This was not a time for theatrics.

Wauna fluttered back to him and landed on his raised right paw, halting his grooming efforts. His white head twitched from left to right, taking in the crowd. ”There sure are a lot of creatures here.” A blue eye focused on a starry, pelted lioness. ”Oh-ho! I guess you better leave since she looks like she’d tell better stories than you.” Wauna giggled at his own comment. Dichali rolled his eyes and shook his paw, causing Wauna to flutter to the ground. ”I’m sure my audience would appreciate the tales I have to share.” Dichali smirked down at Wauna. ”What? You mean about the time you got your nose stuck in a tree?” Wauna wrapped his wings around his sides as he began to laugh. ”Or better yet, how about when you sat down on a porcupine. I’m sure the elders would love to hear about that!” By now, Wauna was wheezing he was laughing so hard. Dichali frowned and swatted at the bird. ”Yes, well don’t make me tell them a story about a lion that roasted a white falcon.” Wauna scoffed and flew to rest at top of his head. "Riiiiggg~ht, like you could ever catch me." Dichali shook his head to dislodge the bird. His efforts were unsuccessful. Wauna just managed to grip his mane, causing it to be pulled as he shook his head. Dichali immediately stopped. He didn't need to go bald because of Wauna's death grip.

A sigh escaped Dichali's lips. Oh! The torment he puts up with because of his feathered friend. They met not too long ago during Dichali's travels. The bird found his stories intriguing and enjoyed interjecting his own spin on things. Dichali tried to get rid of him, but Wauna wouldn't go. He said something along the lines of, I can't let your sorry excuse of a mouth tell inaccurate stories. Dichali rolled his eyes at the memory. His stories were just fine. Dichali just thinks the bird enjoys messing with him. Wauna's own rendition of events were worse in Dichali's option. No matter. He was stuck with the feathered lump.

Wauna began beating his wings on Dichali's face. "Oy! It's almost your turn to speak! Pay attention!" Dichali swatted his paw at the bird to stop him from using his face as a meat bag. He glanced over and noticed the bird was right. Clearing his throat, Dichali stood up and stepped a bit in front of the line of lions. Wauna swayed on top of his head, rotating his head around. "My name is Dichali," he bowed, "and I wish to be a storyteller." Wauna tumbled forward and fluffed himself up. "Right, the name's Wauna and his stories are crap. I'm the brains of the operation." Dichali sighed and quickly scooped Wauna out of the way. I swear, one day this bird is going to get me killed. He bowed and retreated back to his original position.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:20 am
User Image Standing towards the back of the gathered group, his body stiff and rigid in posture, was a dark murky colored lion. He hadn't said much, save for a few hushed words exchanged with the falcon on his back, but they were in tones too low to be overheard. When the introductions had began the pair once more returned their attention to the proceedings, watchful eyes still and unwavering. When it seemed that a good time had opened up for them to make their approach, the lion took one step forward before hesitating, eyes somber and distant.

Nzulu was new to the area, his wanderings in the roguelands had taken him to many places, and many potential homes. He wasn't a young lion anymore, and his pelt now bore pale scars where once there had been none. Upon his back sat a small avian, its fierce features alerted to the hesitation of its partner. With a hop and a quick beat of his wings, Phakeme sat perched on his lion's shoulder, dark eyes piercing into Nzulu's.
"We have come this far, Lion. Do not back out now." The falcon's tone did not imply it sought to reassure or comfort the lion, but to remind it of a promise and hold the feline to its word.

Nzulu's only answer was a guttural sound deep in his throat, not quite a growl, but something else entirely: something emotionally raw akin to a pained groan. Phakeme had a point, and there was no way he could deny the bird this small pittance, not after what he had done... or had failed to do. The falcon had originally been bonded to a lioness, who had fallen deeply in love with Nzulu out in the roguelands. She had spoke cheerfully of her plan to find and join this very pride, to have a home for her and her dearest friend Phakeme. Nzulu had promised to get her there safely, to guard and protect her on her journey to the Aka'Mleli. He had not anticipated the ambush, and was not as young in body as he use to be. In the end, the lioness had perished and Nzulu had failed to keep his word. Phakeme, enraged and bitter over the event, swore the dark lion to a life oath: that he would carry out the lioness' dream, and take her place as his bonded. Nzulu had undoubtedly agreed, guilt-ridden and disheartened.

Finding solace in Phakeme's words, the dark lion stepped forward to greet the Umoja. "Your majesty," he addressed the other male as others had, his dark head bowing slowly and deeply. "I am Nzulu, and this is my bonded Phakeme. It would do us honor if we were to be accepted as guards to your pride." His voice was low, even, perhaps a bit emotionless, but the dark lion held himself steady. Having said his part, he turned to rejoin the group, paused when he felt the falcon's weight shift, and glanced back to find the bird outstretching his wings and bowing deeply in silence. Once Phakeme and retaken his usual position, Nzulu continued on as quietly as he had come.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 pm
User Image They'd come this far, searching far and wide for a place to live. Udo had been confident they'd find that perfect place, filled with like-minded lions and birds, while Tamika had been... Unsure. What prides they'd passed by to get here seemed to not be the right place for them, though some had... Curious premises. Like the lions who declared themselves demons... He'd given that pride's lands a VERY wide berth when he learned they kept slaves. That was one he didn't want. Eventually, they'd found this place, following some other wandering rogues to these lands - Some had birds like he did, others didn't. Now they all did.

The lion, watching the others gathered, reflected on his history and how it'd led him to this point. He couldn't recall his family ever being in a pride, simply rogues out in the grasslands. Sparse trees everywhere... The hunting had been plentiful enough that his mother could easily hunt for herself, her mate, and four cubs, with said mate watching over the four cubs. Life had been simple like that, and pleasant. Everything had been in The Moment, never planning ahead.. Which included planning for big dangers. One of Tamika's non-twin siblings had started saying one day that something bad would happen to 'one of the twins,' with their parents figuring either the cub was talking about bad dreams, or it was something far-off that could happen to ANY lion, and brushed it off.

Tamika later learned a word for such a thing - Seer. He also learned to place deep value in what they said, because one day the family's perfect life was disrupted. A group of strange lions speaking a strange language swept down from the north, not apparently thinking a thing about the family in the area. And then in the night, they stole away Tamika's twin and seer sibling. Their parents had gone out looking for the two cubs, at first assumed wandered off. Then they'd found the seer cub's tiny body, brutally murdered and torn apart. The monsters from the north had apparently found no use in the cub, and stole away the other. They returned to their den to find that Tamika's other sibling had also been killed, having wandered out to see if it was their parents that had been heard. Tamika had been spared by hiding behind a rock and remaining quiet as soon as he heard his sibling's squeals of terror and pain.

A peck on his ear brought the gray-green maned lion out of his thoughts of the past. "What...?" He looked at Udo in confusion. The bird let out a huff, motioning with a wing. "It's your turn, Tamika!" The lion blinked, then walked up to the black and purple lion. Following the manners of some of the other lions, he cleared his throat. "Your Majesty... I am Tamika, and this is my bonded, Udo... We humbly thank you for allowing us into your pride, and I would be honored to take the rank of guard. Strange lions killed my siblings, I do not wish the same to happen to others I may come to care about and now seek to help protect those who cannot fully protect themselves." He gave a bow of his head, closing his eyes as he did so. On his back, Udo flared her wings and bowed as well, showing her respect to the crown prince and his eagle companion. Tamika then raised his head, though not too high to avoid appearing cocky, and stepped aside for another lion to take their turn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 pm
He felt a little silly having waited this long to go up, especially because his sister had already gone and come back. It was after some insisteant nibbling from Mkono that Rasui finally approached the pride's king. He wasn't even the shy sort, and didn't quite know why it had taken him so long.

"Hi. I'm Rasui. Thank you for having me here!" He glanced back to the bird on his shoulder and nodded slightly. "This is Mkono, he is my bonded." The vulture nodded his head, apparently pleased. "And I should hope I'll make a good pride for your guard." Oh, woops. "I mean, a good guard for your pride." For once he felt rather embarassed, and was not sure how he had made such a mix-up. With a grin, he turned and wandered back towards the other newcomers.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces