View Results

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm
Well, rather than posting a definiton of Therianthropy here, you can click on the picture in my post or on the little banner at the bottom of my sig.

Anyway, who here is a Therian? I personally am a jaguar Therian, and I've m-shifted on several occasions, and ph-shifted once (and it was pretty freakin small).

So yeah, discuss Therianthropy here. :3

.::Ailuros::.
.::Click on the symbol to learn more::.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm
Hmmm...can't say I am but can't say I'm not.
It's really sad to see that some Therians get really insulted when someone mistakes them for a furry and then I've seen a lot of Therians call Furries the lowest of the low.

Really they're two different thing though, being a Therian is a spiritual belief which some people feel and the furry fandom is ...well... a fandom... xD

To be honest I don't really see why some Therians and Furries can't get on (and yes I know some are both)... it's really hurtful to see some stuff which goes on...  

Yumitoko II

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 pm
Yumitoko II
Hmmm...can't say I am but can't say I'm not.
It's really sad to see that some Therians get really insulted when someone mistakes them for a furry and then I've seen a lot of Therians call Furries the lowest of the low.

Really they're two different thing though, being a Therian is a spiritual belief which some people feel and the furry fandom is ...well... a fandom... xD

To be honest I don't really see why some Therians and Furries can't get on (and yes I know some are both)... it's really hurtful to see some stuff which goes on...

Yeah....

I think furries are cool, I like em a lot. But I hate when Therians become grouped with furries, because then people think "furry" when you say "Therian." And then when you meet someone who hates furries and you tell them you're a Therian, they automatically hate you because they're ignorant.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:44 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Yeah....

I think furries are cool, I like em a lot. But I hate when Therians become grouped with furries, because then people think "furry" when you say "Therian." And then when you meet someone who hates furries and you tell them you're a Therian, they automatically hate you because they're ignorant.

A lot of people think being a furry is like a weird sex cult or religion...

Just like those strong Christian Americans who judge you and think we're all under the spell of the devil...
Even with a little knowledge like with all beliefs and faiths... people can think you're barking mad and that it's all fiction, this stands for all major beliefs too...
(The only thing I don't buy into is scientology. xD )

I understand wolf therians are very common so it's very nice to meet a Jaguar. biggrin

I can understand how many can feel this connection though, because you are never far away from animals distantly related to them.  

Yumitoko II

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 pm
Yumitoko II
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Yeah....

A lot of people think being a furry is like a weird sex cult or religion...

Just like those strong Christian Americans who judge you and think we're all under the spell of the devil...
Even with a little knowledge like with all beliefs and faiths... people can think you're barking mad and that it's all fiction, this stands for all major beliefs too...
(The only thing I don't buy into is scientology. xD )

I understand wolf therians are very common so it's very nice to meet a Jaguar. biggrin

I can understand how many can feel this connection though, because you are never far away from animals distantly related to them.

Yeah. Belief systems can be weird, in my opinion. I have a label for myself, but it's more just a name for my lack of needing/wanting a religion to practice. I'm an Aptheist. It's a form of Agnosticism.

But I have always felt close to cats. Very close. And when I realized that my Theriotype was a jaguar, it made me Unbelieveably happy.

As past lives go, I may have a memory of how I died, and it was from illness. A little depressing, yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:26 pm
I feel kind of depressed. I've been doing this for a while and never knew it actually had a name. And guess what I am.
A normal, everyday, house cat. Every time I look into the pool, I look like a normal little cat. Sort of looks like Ace Meow if you have the item.  

Kairo Yakazu

Friendly Friend

9,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Suki Wolfram

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm
I am not a Therian myself, though I do believe in spirit animals and guides. However one of the local furs is a Therian and a furry. He is very quiet about his true self and while he will get in to a discussion about Therians will not speak about himself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 am
Not answering as I am not sure what I am.

However, thanks for that link in your signature! <3
I've been trying to find that site again for months, but kept typing up the wrong thing in the search bawx because my memory is really REALLY poor. gonk  

Objected_Rarity

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm
I'm kinda curious about all this, seeing as i've felt things before, but it's all so confusing to me x: So i'm not sure what i am or would be. x.x  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 am
I just joined here,I was very glad to see there are other therians here on gaia.I am a dire wolf therian,and I do know many others,about 30 of them actually.

I've known I was a therian for about 2 years now,but I've been awakened my entire life,I just never knew what a therian was.I have my own pack and many furries who have joined have come to believe that they are also therian.Many just never knew what therianthropy was.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

KupferudelWolf

Wealthy Wolf

8,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:42 pm
I've been told so many times by so many people that I am, but I know little about it. I know about Delta Theta, I know about what a therian is, and I was told once about a war...I dunno if this is a good place to ask for this, but can somebody help me out on the details  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:33 am
TheWolfLover1000
I've been told so many times by so many people that I am, but I know little about it. I know about Delta Theta, I know about what a therian is, and I was told once about a war...I dunno if this is a good place to ask for this, but can somebody help me out on the details

Like, what do you want to know?

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff