Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan
PH lending 1B dollars. HAHA.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xhimei

Darling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:03 am
Ano stand niyo? ako no. haha.

ito debate paper ko (short lang siya) but this is to explain why I disagree with the lending of 1B dollars -_-

The Philippines should not have lent the IMF the 1B dollars, and should help themselves first. The Philippine government has good intentions to lend but why help other countries, when your own country has 40% of its population living in poverty.

We have been off the debts from the IMF since 2006, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have any other debts to pay. Until now, we still have debts in the other institutions like the World Bank, and the Asian Development Bank. We should solve our economic problems first, and also pay our debts. The government cuts the budgets of education and public health, both of which are basic necessities. Most of the Filipinos don’t get proper education and their health benefits. Cutting the budgets of public hospitals will definitely weaken the public health care system. These hospitals are in need of proper and more advanced equipment to be able to serve the patients. Also cutting the budget of education is very distressing. Many of the public schools in the Philippines are in need of classrooms, furniture, and teachers. With the K-12 educational system passed, this means another set of classrooms are needed. With the budget cut of education, how will it satisfy the need of classrooms and other necessities that the school needs. If we could lend 1B dollars to IMF, then why do these budgets need to be cut?

One of the reasons why the Philippine government is lending 1B dollars is to secure the OFWs abroad. By lending the 1B dollars, we are affirming that the economic development of the country is solely dependent on the OFW remittances. This means that we are funding the external market more than the local market. This is why we have unemployment. We are focusing less on the local markets when in fact, we should focus more on them so that there will be investors and companies that will open their businesses here. This would then lead to employment. We should use our money to build roads, infrastructures, buildings, and etc. to make businesses flourish where there are no jobs. Our country lacks resources to build these infrastructures. Why not fund them for our economic development and lessen our dependency on OFW remittances.

In conclusion, the Philippines should attend to their problems first. There are many problems in the country where attention is much more needed than another continent’s economic problems. Our country is also experiencing economic problems. Why lend when there many are problems in your own country?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 pm
tama ang stand mo. kailangang tulungan muna ng Pilipinas ang sarili nila para mapalago. ang dami pang kulang, ang daming kailangang tulungan at ang dami pang kailangang ayusin. tayo na nga nangungutang sa ibang bansa magpapautang pa tayo? GHAD, men... wew. cat_stare  

Millsology

Liberal Ladykiller

theartofmanliness

Business Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:52 am
This is my personal opinion: Lending 1B dollars to OFWs is also helping them. If they do not lend the money then that would also become a problem. The reason why the K 12 is passed is for us to compete with other countries. The problem with Philippines is the high cost of living but low income. I wonder why it has always been like that. But, I've actually read an article that our economy is going up recently. Have you seen the new buildings they put up? in makati, in alabang and the news about building disney land in subic clark. as you can see, The economy is booming a little. There's a lot of filipino OFWs abroad, we depend our incomes from them. With the unemployment, I just think that it's the lack of education. There's a lot of companies but people cannot get in because their competency level is low. But like what they said, The rich get richer, the poor get poorer ; economic inequality.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:05 am
K12 to compete with other countries, yes, but do we have enough resources? and if the unemployment is caused by lack of education, then why does the government have to cut the budget of education? Aren't they supposed to raise the budget instead of doing otherwise?
buildings, but are they of good quality? just recently, SMDC built their building the green residences, lumubog yung street. Gastos again. If it's not made well, then every year or so, you'll have to put money out again to fix it, instead of using your money for the actual business to I've heard about the disney land too (although I hope it pushes through). It's just a proposal, and it's not yet accepted. Similar topics were proposed, but were constantly denied (sabi ng sister ko).
Yes, we do depend our economic development from them, but like I said, it's bad, for the reasons that we are funding the external market, and we are earning money indirectly. It's bad because it promotes laziness, and procrastination, as in hindi ka magtratrabaho, kasi, we get money from OFWs, hindi ako mag hahanap ng trabaho, I have my OFW relative who gives me money, etc, etc.

but then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. hahaha blaugh  

xhimei

Darling

KawaiiBrielle

Romantic Darling

14,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm
I agree since meron pala ang pilipinas ng $1 billion dollars, ano to kalokohan na meron pala tayong ganitong kalaking pera so all this time tinatago nila? Ano to for their selfish needs? though the President came from a rich family, hindi rin excuse yan.

Instead the government should help our country first, ano to show-off? Showing off na ang Pilipinas may malaki palang pondo, i think the government should pay first the debts of our country tapos bigyan nila ng pansin ang education, health aids, lively hood development, Philippine's Military Defense, Upgrade the technologies especially in the Traffic management and sa weather too...

Kung ang $1 billion ay mapupunta sa ibang intentions paano na ang mga taong nagugutom and nakatira sa liblib na lugar in the farthest place in mountain, sa coastlines, mga taong nakatira sa mga ilog, mga child laborers, handicapped filipinos, and etc.

Dapat mas bigyan pansin ng gobyerno natin na mas importanteng unahin ang kanyang nasasakupan!!! evil

Anong klaseng INA na unahin ang sarili nyang interests at hayaan at pabayaan ang kanyang mga anak?! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:31 am
User Image

$1 Billion? eek
Wer'd that come from? and why not use it to uplift our country? crying

Chino Panya

Anxious Conversationalist

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:40 am
Hey BlTCH
User Image

Thanks for that GIF xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:34 am
Ako naman ganto:

Malamang hindi dapat muna pinahiram, tamang unahin muna yung education. Okay sana yung K 12 para makasabay tayo sa ibang bansa pero hindi pa sa ngayon kasi marami pang mahirap satin. If we say mahirap, yung mga taong hindi nakakakain ng maayos sa isang araw. Dapat kasi muna pataasin yung sahod para hindi na mamroblema sa K 12. Masyadong mahaba pa sasabihin ko pero kelangan ko na umalis haha konting silip lang yan sa side ko.  

Jersss

Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

xhimei

Darling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:29 am
ll-Mommii-ll
I agree since meron pala ang pilipinas ng $1 billion dollars, ano to kalokohan na meron pala tayong ganitong kalaking pera so all this time tinatago nila? Ano to for their selfish needs? though the President came from a rich family, hindi rin excuse yan.

Instead the government should help our country first, ano to show-off? Showing off na ang Pilipinas may malaki palang pondo, i think the government should pay first the debts of our country tapos bigyan nila ng pansin ang education, health aids, lively hood development, Philippine's Military Defense, Upgrade the technologies especially in the Traffic management and sa weather too...

Kung ang $1 billion ay mapupunta sa ibang intentions paano na ang mga taong nagugutom and nakatira sa liblib na lugar in the farthest place in mountain, sa coastlines, mga taong nakatira sa mga ilog, mga child laborers, handicapped filipinos, and etc.

Dapat mas bigyan pansin ng gobyerno natin na mas importanteng unahin ang kanyang nasasakupan!!! evil

Anong klaseng INA na unahin ang sarili nyang interests at hayaan at pabayaan ang kanyang mga anak?! crying

haha, we have 77Billion dollars as reserves.
madami na yan, actually.
pero at the same time, konti lang rin siya rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 am
Why did President Aquino brings home US$2.5-B investment and did pledges from UK and US? tapos maglelend lang ng pera ang country natin ano yun?
User Image

P U V Z
Crew

Friendly Informer

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

De Shout

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:54 am
guys. did you know philippines is RICH? may total of 70-77b us dollar tayong funds. smile mga naipon na funds sa mga taxes. at this is our 2012 fund is 1,812 Trillion. kaya mag papautang ng 1billion ang philippines parang tulong na natin yon at parang invenstment narin kasi babalik din naman saatin ang perang yon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:55 am
PlusIe
ll-Mommii-ll

haha, we have 77Billion dollars as reserves.
madami na yan, actually.
pero at the same time, konti lang rin siya rofl
agree, trivia, china got trillions us dollar reserves ? smile ) totoo po ito. dahil billion ang mga chinese  

De Shout

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100

Jersss

Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 am
Di ko ineexpect na may mga ganto pa palang napaguusapan dito sana may forums about sa mga nangyayari sa Pinas  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:05 am
Tsaka na maglend pag maganda na yung pilipinas. Magpapautang pa e dapat unahin muna sariling bansa natin. Dagdagan nalang nila budget ng education, lalo na school namin para makapagklase na kami ng maayos kasi di kami masyado magkarinigan sa classroom kasi ung mga activists sa school gusto tumaas budget namin XD Seryoso, ana mas pondohan muna yung K12. Patupad sila ng patupad di rin naman pala nila aayusin  

RizzaSchmizza

Beloved Noob

FREEDOM WALL (IWC's Chatterbox) ~ I Was Once a Newbie Clan

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces