Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:21 pm
User Image

Nyesha was in a strange state. It was the second day since she had been confronted by Mittere about her pregnancy and she had been completely avoiding her home since then.. but she never stopped thinking about the terrible things her mother had said, what she had said back and what it all really meant. She'd been talking to healers but it hadn't made her feel any better. It was optimistic that she was feeling well and though they were not accusing her of taking stupid risks, their calm and cautious assessments were perhaps more worrying.

She wasn't ready to fight with Mittere again, and since she still didn't agree (even with her newly cautious optimism) she knew it would probably be an argument.. but she wasn't able to stay away from her family, either. She picked a time when she was sure it would be quieter around the den, when Mittere was more likely to be out and about at least, and started working her way home.

She had no idea who she would run into first but she hoped, if she was in for more scolding, it wasn't Mittere.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:24 pm
User Image

Of the whole family, Jani was the lion who was most rarely in the den. As an adolescent, she had a great deal more freedom than she had as a juvenile, and the green lioness used and abused it to the fullest. However, with what she'd heard now, she was sitting outside the den, waiting for Nyesha to get back.

Finally, after an interminable wait, she saw her sister coming up to the den. Jani boundedup with excitement and ran to meet the other lioness.

"Nyesha! Is it true? Is it really? Will I be an aunt?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:31 pm
Nyesha was alternating between watching her feet and watching where she was going, it was just luck that had her spot Jani before she came bounding up. She had nearly forgotten about her brother and sister.. maybe because she didn't expect so much anger or doubt from them, she was just so worried about her parents.

She didn't get a word in before Jani got right to the point and finally, Nyesha smiled. She hadn't yet let herself be happy about it, only optimistic and now worried. She wanted to be excited, though.

"Yes, it's true!" she answered brightly, "Does everybody know, now?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:35 pm
Jani grinned back at her sister. Oh this was so exciting! So what if they were a little young for it...that was what growing up was all about, right? And this was really exciting, to be an aunt!

"Well, everyone in the family knows...but no one else as far as I know, unless if you said something." Her grin spread even wider, blue eyes dancing. "You know...Mother threatened to geld Amani if he got a girl pregnant and told me that she'd do the same to any lion foolish enough to get so close to me."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm
"Well, I was talking to some healers but not really anybody else," Nyesha admitted, still smiling even as Jani went on to explain what Mittere said to them. So they had actually talked about it, it wasn't just something Jani had overheard their mother's discussing. She even laughed.

"Good thing she'll never figure out who else is involved in this," she said, not sounding at all worried about admitting she was entirely alone with this. It had been intentional, she'd never see him again and she didn't really want to.

But.. that didn't say much about how Tarafa was handling this.

"What about mom?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm
Well healers were the most logical people for Nyesha to talk to about anything in this pride. So it was no surprise she'd mentioned her pregnancy to them. She did find it interesting to hear that the male in question didn't seem to be a part of the pride - had Nyesha warned him about the disease? Well, that was between Jani's sister and the father of her children, but it was something to worry about later.

"Weeeeell..." Jani replied, stretching out the word as she tried to think how exactly their blood mother had reacted to the news.

"I don't think she's as upset about it as Mother...but I don't think she's as happy about grandchildren as she could be," the older lioness told the younger slowly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:51 pm
The way Jani spoke made Nyesha worry about what the answer was going to be. Tarafa was generally softer than Mittere but that didn't mean she wouldn't see this situation the same way as her mate. She wasn't going to let it get her down but it would be harder to deal with.

"Oh," she said, her smile fading but she looked more thoughtful than upset, "I guess that doesn't surprise me. It's not really going to change anything, I just wanted to do something .. normal?"

She hadn't really tried to explain what had been going through her mind before, trying to get it out now didn't quite make sense, not the way it did in her head.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 pm
Normal? That's what this was about? Jani personally didn't see what was so abnormal about Nyesha's life that had made her sister so desperate to do something like getting pregnant, but hey, sisters could be weird. Wasn't that what Amani said a lot? It probably sucked to be him, the only male in the whole family.

"I think they're worried about you," Jani added. "But, you must be feeling better, right?"

The green lioness knew as well as any pridemember that there was no real recovery from the disease, just better days and worse ones. But she desperately hoped that the fact that her sister had managed to get healthily pregnant meant that she'd be around for a good long time.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 pm
"Yeah," she murmured, knowing the obvious answer to why her mothers were so upset about all of this well enough. It was a normal, expected part of what she had done but she would have much preferred for them to be immediately happy.

"I am feeling much better!" Nyesha exclaimed, brightening back up, "I haven't felt sick since I realized I was pregnant, or.. thought I must be. I don't know how you're really supposed to know before now. Mother could tell, can you?"

She turned to her side so her sister could see her belly, twisting her head around to try to see herself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm
"That's good to hear!" Jani latched onto the good news. She wasn't desperate - yet - but she much preferred something positive in her life. The green lioness then paused to examine her sister's body in answer to her question.

"Well...I guess it looks like you've put on a bit of weight, but I don't know that I'd notice if I didn't know already." Jani wasn't the most observant of subtle changes in people, she saved her attention for other things.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:15 pm
Nyesha nodded, agreeing with Jani's assessment. It had taken her a while to decide it wasn't all just in her head, she was expecting this so it was harder to see it for what it really was. She was sure now and she wondered if her mother was very observant or had taken a lucky guess.. or both.

"Yeah," she murmured, turning herself back around, "It's not obvious-obvious yet, but it won't be that long before it is, I guess."

She smiled.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Jani smiled back at her sister. "Obvious or not, let's get something to eat. You're eating for at least two now!" Let the future worry about Nyesha's health. For now, all she needed to know was that her sister was happy and that the green lioness would be an aunt in the very near future.

Life was pretty good!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:22 pm
Nyesha glanced towards the den, having come here to see her mothers she wasn't sure about just skipping away again now.. but she would be back, she was already feeling braver and spending more time with Jani would only make that better.. right? Besides, she was starting to feel hungry.

"OK, let's go," she said, smiling at her sister and letting her lead the way to find something to eat.

Fin!  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff