Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm
User Image
Mawi Mai was starting to feel a little better the pride starting to come back together. Just as the Nchi normally did it was starting to come back together and everyone was in good spirits. The Nchi pride as normally a good spirited pride, rare to find some one in a bad mood. Especially Mawi. She was often found drumming in the drum circle and teaching the cubs. She was often humming away at something or dancing around. But she was worried for a little while as the flood passed and suddenly she found herself leading the pride. It was still not all together. She had some ranks she needed to fill, some of the dens still needed to be pulled together, they were searching out new gourds for the old ones were useless now, but everything was coming together and she was happy. She still had some sad that filled her heart. Not knowing where the old leader was and she felt helpless but for now she was trying to help pull the pride together and she was hoping to get everything going well.

Mawi was out and about today a large pouch that was put together for her was hanging over her shoulder. She took on many of the old jobs that she did with teaching the young ones how to make their drums and to go on their drum quests. She was almost bouncing as she wandered because she now had a few more gourds to help repair the drums and to give to the young cubs. She also brought a smaller sack, one that she was looking forward to greatly, a bag full of little seeds and other decorations. She had two reasons she not only wanted to help others bring their drums together but she also wanted to get her drum in working condition. It was working fine now that she replaced the gourd, she was happy that the skin was still good. However she wanted to put her old decorations on the side. Maybe add a few more, something to make it feel like it was her's once again instead of a regular old drum. She settled putting the bag of gourds near the side of the drum circle and wandered toward the middle flopping down on her haunches and using her claws to carefully fish the small decorations out of the bag

She then started the process of carving spots into the drum for the decorations and using sticky leaf sap in the holes to secure the seeds. While teaching cubs she got a pretty good paw at guessing how big the wholes would be and how she had to put them in. Her mother taught her this little trick while some just stuck their decorations on Mawi was careful about it and thought it true. She knew may little tricks like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 pm
User Image

Umeme'ladio was out and about as well. Today was a wonderful day for a walk, plus she wanted to stretch her legs a bit. She had been laying down for far too long already. She yawned as she ventured out into the sun. Taking a deep breath and giving one last good stretch before moving away from her sleeping area. She felt rather groggy, and knew it was time to change that. She hadn't visited anyone in the pride for a few days, it was time to change that.

She flicked her tail and smiled widely as she moved slowly, taking in everything around her. My, today was beautiful, at least to her. She had almost missed seeing Mawi Mai from the beautiful area that filled her eyes, though she soon caught her half sister. She moved towards her with a great smile. "Good day, Mawi" She called out as she made her way there. She seemed to have something to do, but it couldn't hurt to catch up on a bit of small chat. Things had been crazy lately. She figured soon it'd be back to normal, or normal enough, anyways. "What do you got there?" She asked curious at she looked at the small sack.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 am
Mawi's ears perked as the sound of another's voice caught her attention. She was surprised at the fact that she found her company already. That was nice. She was enjoying that she was starting to see others come out and about and start to go about on their lives. It made Mawi's heart happy and it made smiles grow on her face. She felt like it made her a better leader she wanted the best for the pride and she wanted the pride to come back around. Her attention turned behind her and she looked at the other lioness. She knew her face right away. It was one of her sisters. She had many of them and they all looked a little different, she only had one sister at the pride that had the same father as herself but yet Mawi didn't mind she loved all of her siblings.

"Why hello!" She greeted back before turning toward the lioness and offering a kind smile back to her."Its nice to see you out Umeme." She half sung, when she wa in a good mood she couldn't help it. She turned her attention down to the things at her paws and she smiled. "Well stuff to get the drums back together." she said looking at the small beads. "had to remake mine, and I'd figured I'd get the beads I wanted before all of the young ones came down." She winked at her sister before speaking again. "What are you up to today?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 pm
Umeme'lalio had forgotten there was some damage that needed to be fixed. Silly her, she should go and help with a few of them, she didn't really know if she'd be much of help though. She always felt she'd get in the way of things. "Oh! I had almost forgot that some things still need to be fixed." She said with a nervous giggle. Silly her indeed. "I was just out for a walk" She said with a smile on her face. It was always good to start your day with a nice walk and fresh air.

"Do you need any help?" She asked hoping the answer was no, but if she needed help she'd be more than willing to try to... help the best she could. Umeme'lalio regarded all her siblings as just siblings, no half involved. To her, it didn't matter if they shared only one parent, they were related either way. "I donno how much help I can be, but I can try to do my best."

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 pm
Her attention moved to her sister, she listened to her as carefully as she could. Making sure to hear every word that she had to say. Mawi was extremely attentive with anything having to do with her pride, and especially if it had to do with her family. Her tail flicked around behind her and she nodded at her sister "Oh yes! Still things to be fixed." She laughed a little before nodding her head once agian. "Don't worry though, most of it is fixed, just a few little things here and there." She nodded once again, she loved seeing the pride come together and finish doing things around the pride, it was coming along nicely and she was enjoying it.

She flicked her hair out of her eyes and then grinned ear to ear to her sister. "Not really." She said simply chuckling as she did before motioning in front of her to the lioness. "I would enjoy it if you sat and kept me company though." She offered, "if you're busy that is okay." She offered her another smile as she thought about her sister she had come a long way she remembered when her sister was born they younc cubs were interesting and now they were grown up and she was pretty sure that the sister that she was talking to even had a set of cubs on her own. "What have you been up to?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm
She was glad to sit and visit with her sister. Umeme gave a smile to the lioness, so much was on her shoulders now, running the pride and all. The least she could do was to give any help she could, even if it was just sitting and chatting. Of course, Umeme would have loved to do more, but sometimes it was the little things that became more important than the bigger things. The little things were what held the bigger things together. She swished her tail back and forth. "Oh, no, I'm not busy" She said with a smile.

What had she been doing? Taking in the scenery of life, and enjoying what the gods have given them. She gave a shrug to her sister. "I've been doing what I can to help." She said instead. "Trying to make this place as welcoming as ever." Which was true. She did her part to make everyone feel welcomed and happy. Gave advice to those who needed it, helped the little ones here and there. Hunted when it was needed of her.

"I'm getting better at singing" She said with a giggle. Of course, that could be true or not. She hoped it was true. She sang and hummed a lot when she was on her walks. Especially if the day was beautiful which was almost every day.

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 pm
Mawi Mai was excited to know that her sister wasn't busy that made her heart pretty happy. She knew that in that case she could relax with her sister and spend some time with her. That made he extremely happy. She felt like it wasn't often where she got to spend time with her siblings. When she did though it was extremely exciting and would make her really happy that was for sure. She was really hoping that her sister would enjoy going hanging out with her. It was a nice day and she didn't seem the harm in hanging out.

"Thats always nice to hear!" She said simply a smile on her lips. "I'm glad when everyone in the pride is trying to be the most welcoming they can be." She said simply she was extremely pleased with this idea. She liked a happy and welcoming pride it made for happy and welcoming members and strangers and it seemed no matter what happened in the end it all ended up okay. Or at least everyone seemed okay. She was a little self conscious about how the pride was running from time to time. She was always afraid of doing something wrong but with every happy member she felt more and more okay.

"Really?" She asked curiosuly a smile on her face. "My grand daughter is pretty well at singing if you ever need any help." She then paused and looked at her sister with a warm smile on her face. "Well let me hear!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 am
Umeme'lalio also enjoyed spending time with her siblings, though she hadn't done it as much as she'd like. She didn't want to intrude on anyone that might seem busy, and lately everyone seemed quite busy in the pride. Things were getting back to the way they were suppose to be, and it was slowly becoming better. She'd have to remember to spend time with her other siblings soon enough, and family in general.

"Don't worry," She started, "things will be perfect soon enough" She said with an encouragement. She knew, some how, that things would be just fine. Even if it'd take a few bumps to get there, but in the end... Things with turn the way they were suppose to, and who better to lead the way then Mawi.

"I will have to take her up on lessons then!" She said with a giggle to. "You can never have too much help with learning to sing." She needed all the help she could get, even if she thought she was getting better. She knew well enough that she needed much more practice. She'd hate to make anyone's ears bleed. When asked to show, Umeme'lalio blushed, she didn't know if she was quite ready for it, but she bright this on herself.

"I can try," she said with a giggle, "But I do believe I'm a little embarrassed about this." she cleared her voice and thought of something easy to sing, something that might sound good, yet wasn't something someone else had sang. Of course, that was always easier.

"The sun will shine highhh for us," She started off with a hushed voice, trying to work up courage to continue. "Don't be afraid, sweet pea. The rain will not last long. " Slowly her voice got louder. She wasn't exactly the best, and had only started trying to sing, she wouldn't dare sing in front of a crowded group yet. "For the sun will come, tomorrow."

She looked at her sister, when she finished the first part of a song that just popped upon her head. She was looking at her with the sorta look you'd see someone give for approval. She wasn't ready to hear any harsh criticism, but she'd take it all the same. Maybe one day she'd be good like some of the other pride members who sang during the festivals.

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm
Mawi Mai flicked her tail behind her as she listened to her sister. She couldn't help it, she was happy to not only be spending time with her sister but also hear that her sister was working on practicing her singing. It made her extremely happy. She loved seeing and hearing any kind of music and the fact that it included her sister it made her extremely happy. She listened carefully and quietly not wanting to interrupt and trying her hardest not to jump in, she wanted her sister to really be able to show her what she could do. She was impressed by what her sister was doing and she couldn't help but to tap her foot and smile while she did.

AS her sister stopped she flicked her tail around behind her once again and giggled a little. "That was amazing sis." She said simply nodding her head, she was older than her sister Umeme and she thought it was really interesting seeing her sister as a cub and grow up to what she was now and hearing her improvements and everything like that. "I think that we should get together more and do some dancing and singing more often." She nodded before pauing and thinking about it. "well, I would like to drum." She said with a small giggle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 pm
She could feel herself becoming a bit more embarrassed, but it was more about the compliments now than her actually singing. Though she did enjoy the idea of of spending more time with her and singing. She was getting better, and it was more than obvious now that someone was saying it too. Perhaps, one day she'd be good enough to sing in front of everyone. Except with the part that she'd probably freeze from everyone looking at her.

"That would be great." She said with a smile. "I can't exactly always sing to no rhythm but what is in my head." She needed to step out of her comfort zone and try to do something a little more risky than what she was use to. It was what would make her grow into something she wanted, or become a stronger lioness even if she wasn't to sing in front of everyone.

Umeme'lailo's heart was pounding still, she could feel it in her chest and she was surprised that her heart wasn't popping out of her body, she took a couple deep breaths trying to get it under control. She didn't realize it'd be so hard to sing in front of someone, especially her sister.

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 pm
[ Lady Kiya ]

Mawi Mai grinned ear to ear at her sister, she was extremely excited that her sister was starting to be a little more confident with her singing from what she can see. Her tail flicked around behind her and she was just generally happy. There were two things that made her extremely happy and that includes her family and any kind of music. She nodded at her sister and then she got off her haunches. "Any time you want to sing just let me know!" She giggled once again she couldn't help but to be excited at the fact that she was going to hopefully spending more time with her sister and also making music with her. It just really made Mawi feel good, and it made her feel happy. She nodded to her sister before speaking once again. "For now wouldyou like to help me gather some beads to put on some drums?" She asked curiously. "I have a big group of juvies that need to come get their durms made."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:11 pm
Umeme'lalio nodded at her sister. It was time to get to work, and she couldn't delay that. They had all the time in the world to plan to sing and dance together. More important things were at hand. "Of course, dear sister." She said with an incline of her head. She didn't want to keep anyone waiting, and didn't want to slow down Mawi. Her sister was very busy, and anything she could do to help was great.

"Any colors needed specifically?" She asked making sure she wouldn't mess anything up. She wanted to make sure the cubs had a pleasant experience with making their drums. They were quite important after all. She gave a soft smile to her sister.

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm
[ Lady Kiya ]

Mawi was mor than excited to have some one help her with her material gathering. It was almost always a lonely adventure for her. Having some one there to help was extremely exciting.She turned toward her sister and in a almost sing song voice responded back to her sister. "Well! Thank you very much by the way." she laughed before answering the lioness's question, "I'm looking for anything and everything really. After the flood I've been kind of here and there with all of the different beads in the pride. Generally having something would be helpful, any color." She nodded before she started to trot toward where the beads had a tendency of falling.

She started to get a little closer to the ground keeping a close eye out for the small colorful beads that she would then slip into a pouch around her neck. On days like this when she was thinking about collecting them she made sure to wander with it around her neck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:35 pm
She thought for a moment before an idea came to her head. "I know!" She said finally looking at her sister. Perhaps she had said it a bit too loudly, but she was rather excited, and she had never been able to help before. Or at least, she was too shy to help. "We could ask some birds if they'd be kid enough to give us some of their loose feathers!" They didn't need them after they fell off their body, they also might have some beads floating around, or at least know where to find some.

Birds were good at that stuff, and she knew there might be one or two that would be happy to help. "I'm sure one is bound to help!"

Yin-Bug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm
[ Lady Kiya ]

Mawi's Ears perked at her sister's excitement. She couldn't help but to feel a wave of excitement herself. She was sure that her sister had a good idea! She flicked her tail behind her and turned to look at her sister. "What?" she asked curiously waiting for her sister's answer. The birds? At first she was a little unsure of the idea but as she spoke a large smile grew on her face and she felt great about her sister's idea. "I love it!" She exclaimed, "I can make sure to keep the feather in a special place where they don't get damaged, and the children will love using them to decorate." With that the lioness was by her sister's side. "Any idea where wer can start finding some birds?" She knew the land pretty well but Mawi never really kept track of where to find the creatures in the pride. she normally wasn't interested in them to tell the truth. Until now that is, as she thought about it they could be extremely useful creatures. Why hadn't she though of that before! She was going to have to make sure ot make use of them in the future.  
[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games