Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, Ema was always busy trying to uphold the 'legacy' of being in a family of such skilled hunters, but after a while it got exhausting. She was lounging around in the valley, having taken a few vacation days to just lay around. She didn't want to get so exhausted that she injure herself as bad as Elea. It was hard enough having to see her baby sister be crippled, it would be even worse to repeat the tragedy.

Juu was soaring the skies above her, keeping an eye on things. It was more exciting than finding a tree to nap on. He wasn't too keep on lounging around like Ema was, and it made him restless. He was going to have to coerce her into wandering some of the mountains or something to pass the time. He wasn't up for sleeping all day like his lion was!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am
User Image

It could be said that Maptano himself was a bit of a cripple. True enough, he had walked with a small limp ever since the fight with Machafuko, it had done quite some damage to his left shoulder. He wasn't comparable to Elea, however, for which he was glad, and the black lion could still enter a run and chase down... slow food. Really, he preferred intercepting.

Even though he wasn't going to hunt today, it amused him to see Ema lying around rather than doing anything more productive. Mapatano looked up to the sky, seeing a shape he assumed was the pale lioness' bonded. Or maybe his own, as Hisa herself was flying about up there, somewhere.

Mapatano approached form behind, though it wasn't really his intention to sneak up on her. "And what are you doing today, Ema?" He didn't bother to open with a greeting this time, and sounded a bit more light-hearted and teasing than he usually would.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:12 am
Laying on her side, it took a moment for her to shift her head to see her visitor. It was also hard to not know who it was. His voice, his scent. "Mapatano," she said with a bit of a sigh. "I'm on vacation," she said dramatically, flopping her head onto the ground. She let her tail twitch a bit before she look back up at him.

"Don't you want a vacation sometimes? I've been working too hard."

Juu noticed that Ema had a visitor, and it was black. That black lion? Most likely. Ema liked to linger around those that she knew as well, something she had in common with him. Strangers weren't bad, but it was hard to really get to know everyone now.

Swirling overhead, she slowly made his way down to them, curious.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 am
"Vacation?" He quirked a brow and sat down, not quite the sort to lie about. "No, I don't want a vacation. I like working." It kept him busy. Not that he did much lately, aside from feed himself and occasionally meet with Umoja. "I thought you did too!" Mapatano smiled lightly, then raised his eyes as the eagle came down. "And there's Juu."

And soon after there was Hisa. Today she was particularly energetic, swooping around and doing all kinds of tricks. But she was willing to stop to figure out what Mapatano was doing, since he didn't often stop to chat with anyone. She came down a bit after Juu, and landed nearby. "What a happy little reunion this is!" She chirped, amused.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 am
"I do like to work," she said a bit grumpily, "but I don't want to overwork myself. I feel myself slipping a bit, and....I don't want to get an injury like Elea's."

Awkward silence followed, since no one wanted that. Ema was probably being a bit selfish on that aspect, but she just wanted to make sure that she could care for Elea and her adult kids, when they needed the help.

"Anyway, what are you doing? Council-y things?" she asked with a smirk.

Juu landed with a bit of a thud, distracted now that Hisa was joining them as well. He should have expected it, but he was never very good at expecting things. "A fun one indeed," Juu said with a chuckling noise, remembering the time when they had to help Mapatano after he had hurt himself. At least this meeting was very enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 am
... Well, at least she had a good reason. Mapatano felt a little bad now, but forced the feeling away. He had enough things to feel bad about, thanks. "Alright." He couldn't argue with that logic.

At her question he almost smiled. Being part of the Council was a bit of a big deal for him. The son of a tyrant that just about everyone hated (including himself!), Mapatano had always feared being ousted from the pride. Being on the council meant he was trusted. "Yes. You know, keeping the pride afloat and all."

"Very fun. Maybe we should bug them." Hisa liked bothering Mapatano every now and then, though the feeling was far from mutual. Despite that, the suggestion wasn't entirely sincere. "Or we can let them laze about."

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 am
"I hope not afloat. The last thing we need is the valley to flood," she said, a clear teasing look growing across her face. "If something like that happens, I can ride on your back right" Wink.

"You should take a vacation too. The pride doesn't need you all the time. What's the harm in taking just one day off?" She was actually loving this, though she knew that she'd be bored come tomorrow. A day off here and there was just what she needed to re-energize her love for their homelands.

Juu fluffed up his wings. "I dunno, I like seeing them poke at one another." He paused for a moment. "You want to see Mapatano finally settle down, don't you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:24 am
"Point there. But I think we'd handle a flood." He honestly hoped they were done with the natural disasters. He felt the pride was growing stronger, they didn't need anything coming in and making them weak again. "Of course, I'd be happy to give you a lift. Might be bumpy though." He raised his left paw. Even Hisa didn't like riding on his back too much anymore.

Mapatano did her the decency of mulling over the suggestion for a vacation. Before answering, "No." He shook his head. "What would I do on vacation, anyways?" Sounded boring to him! He glanced over at where the two birds had landed and tilted his head, briefly wondering what they were talking about, before looking back to Ema. "Too much down time and Hisa and I would be at each other's throats."

Hisa nodded. She supposed he had a point! It was nice seeing 'Tano not just snarking at people for once. Juu's question caught her a bit by surprise. Somehow, she hadn't thought about that. "I do!" She blinked, then glanced back to the two lions, then back to Juu.

"Oooohhh, I see. You think... Yeaaah." That might work! And it would be good. Hisa sometimes wondered if she would ever be jealous of whomever Mapatano settled down with, when she wasn't doubting it would ever happen, and usually concluded that no. She was happy if he was!

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am
Ema stuck her tongue out at him. "I'd rather have a bumpy ride than be wet!" she laughed. She waited patiently while he turned over her question, before he turned her down. She was disappointed, but not surprised.

"You've certainly proven your loyalty to the pride," Ema pointed out with a bit of a frown. "And besides, you don't need Hisa around all the time. I bet I could give you a good distraction~"

Ohhh, to flirt. She loved it, and Mapatano was quite handsome.

Juu nodded enthusiastically. "We shouldn't push too hard but...don't you think it might work?" Yes, Ema had a fling with the king's brother when they were lost in the rogue lands, but he had never returned and was assumed dead. She deserved some happiness, something that would last longer than a few lost weeks.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:00 pm
He snorted. "At least you have less fur." He didn't want to imagine getting his mane all wet. Mapatano never understood Ethiopia's like for playing in the water.

And then she said something way too weird for him. Mapatano wasn't dumb and he knew what flirting was, but it had never been directed at him. So his first reaction as to make a face, because that was weird and new to him. Then he let out a little huff of air, and smiled crookedly. "Oh, really?"

She nodded. "I think you're right!" She nodded. Mapatano was getting along well with Ema, and being more friendly then usual. Besides, this was much better a situation then when he had been in love with Nyonda. Hisa had always felt so bad for him.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:33 pm
Hah! Hook, line, and sinker. She was pleased with herself that she was able to get his attention. Sometimes she thought that he just never thought about anything in regards to...having fun, settling down, things along those lines.

"Well, you'd have to take the day off first before I told you more," she stated with a slight purr. "It wouldn't be fun to spoil all the fun right at the beginning!"

Juu was a little surprised at how forward Ema was being. Perhaps this was proof that she herself was healed from the shock of acknowledging her daughter was dead and her surviving son's father was gone as well. Good for her, then.

If only Juu could do the same, but...the bird figured there was always someone out there for him. There were a lot of females fluttering around.

"This is going to be good for the two of them, huh?" Juu asked Hisa with a fluttering of more feathers.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:55 pm
This was a very unexpected turn of events! But Mapatano couldn't say it was a turn for the worse. "Hmm... Well, I guess I have nothing to do today. does that count?" Admittedly, it wasn't something he really thought about on his own. But the black lion had been prompted to, and now he was curious.

It wasn't particularly a funny situation, but Hisa felt like laughing. "Yes, I think so!" She couldn't keep some mirth out of her voice. "Maybe we should go?" She suggested, turning her back to the lions, but still looking back at them. She was surprised by how well Mapatano was dealing with this! It was like her little black cub was growing up, aww.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm
Ema acted like she was thinking about it for the moment, since...she sort of was. "Well, I guess that can count, for starters. One of these days you might have to take a full day off and then you can learn to enjoy it like I am." Her tail swished behind her, and she decided to get completely up, since....they might wander off for a bit. "Of course, that's only after you work for a while. Its easier to appreciate it when you've been busy."

Juu nodded to Hisa, completely agreeing with her. "They probably won't even miss us. Let's go find some of our own hunting to do, maybe?" He was a little hungry, and watching Ema be lazy had taken up the majority of his day.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:19 pm
He chuckled, standing up. "I'll make sure to work extra hard for a couple weeks, then." Which would probably be a little difficult to do. The pride was quiet nowadays, and he actually liked it that way. It was a different sort of quiet than after the earthquake, this one was pleasant and safe. the other had just been sad.

"Where are we heading?"

Hisa pondered that. She wasn't much of a hunting bird, but did the equivalent of shrugging and nodded. "Sounds good to me!" She spread her wings out and beat them, lazily at first, then took off.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:28 pm
Ema looked around for a moment, then gestured toward some hills that were nestled at the bottom of the mountains. "It might be a little more quiet over there," she said with a sweet smile. Well, this vacation was turning out better than she had hoped!

Juu followed after Hisa, doing his best to keep up with her. Sometimes being a bigger eagle wasn't always the best. "Good, 'cause I'm hungry!" He figured a little hunting with Hisa couldn't hurt, and then he'd find a good tree to nap in later.  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games