Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - Central] Retirement (Tama x Ari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:28 pm
For a while the lady of the south had heavy thoughts. None were bad per say but all were important and mainly had to do with her successor. The green striped lioness had been around since the founding of Tianxia and while she had been young at the time (and she likely had many years ahead of her) the idea of retirement had become more and more tempting. Many others of her standing had stepped down in favor of their heir and Tama had found that her time as Lady was coming to a close.

She had remained in her position of power longer than the others if only because there had been much to teach her heir for hers had been one that had come not from Tianxia but another land. Still she was blood and eager to learn as as such she had decided that it was time to step down.

And this was news she felt necessary to share with the empress. So it was with that in mind that the older lioness crossed the border between the central house and the south in search of the empress. She had heard that the red lioness was heavy with cubs so she headed right towards the heart of the central house.

"Empress?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:14 pm
As much as she was supposed to be "nice" to any important members in the pride, once Tama came to the Empress' cave, Jian had immediately moved into position to block her. She didn't look angry or upset, however unwilling to let anyone pass without permission.

"Who is it?" A voice came from deeper within the cave.

"Lady Ming." Jian answered, coolly.

There was a brief pause, as a few options were considered. Then, finally, "That's fine, let her in." It sounded almost exasperated. Immediately, Jian stepped aside to let the other lioness through.

News might take a while to spread, as the cubs were now about a week old. Not that, at this point, the Empress really wanted the news to take the land like wildfire. She'd rather wait a bit, until they were less... tiny, and weak. Ting Lan detested this downtime, at the same time as she enjoyed the time with the cubs and their father, on the occasion that she let him in (she had kept Miandui out for at least three days). Incidentally, he wasn't here now.

She was lying with her back to the outside world, shielding the cubs from view, though she turned her head to regard the other lady. Though it was dark, the Empress seemed to be fine, if uncharacteristically tired. And also a little less inclined to be too polite. She laid her ears back. "...That's close enough." Then Ting Lan frowned, put off by the small bite in own words. "I'm sure you understand." She added, a bit more softly.

"What do you need, Lady Ming?" She asked, sounding a bit more like herself. To business, as usual.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm
User Image

Had Ming known that Ting Lan had already given birth than she likely would not have ventured into the Central lands and instead given the empress the space she likely needed. She knew the toll childbirth took on a lioness's body and while it had been some time since she herself had the burden of carrying children she knew it was not an easy task.

"My apologies Empress," she stated bowing her head in respect. "Had I known, I would have held off in seeking you," she apologized stopping once the lioness had told her too. Ming was certainly one of the most formal of the various lords and ladies of Tianxia and she tried to always show how much she respected others. Though Ting Lan was younger than her, Lady Ming though very highly of the red lioness.

Perhaps it was because her father was one of the few lions that she would easily call a friend.

"I wished to speak of you about my...thoughts of retirement," she informed the other lioness. It was a subject that she wasn't entirely sure she herself was ready for, however she was the last of the original lords and ladies to remain in her position and while Sida still did have much to learn, Ming knew that if she did not step down soon that Sida would never be ready to handle the pressure that came with being Lady.

"I find that my time as Lady of the South is coming to an end."

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:17 pm
She nodded. "There is no need for an apology, Lady Ming." At least not on her part. But the empress wasn't about to go apologizing for her harshness either. It was hard to get her to apologize, as much as she tried to be fair. It just wasn't befitting of her rank. "This changes nothing." It was still her duty to consult with her Lords and Ladies, cubs or not.

Especially when it was such an interesting subject. Her ears perked slightly at retirement. It wasn't that she had been waiting for such news, but it was a big enough deal.

"If you feel that way," she said. "I will not argue with your decision." Ting Lan wouldn't force anyone into an important position. Lady Ming had been the head of the South since the start of the pride, and she would respect her decision. "Do you feel your heiress is ready?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 pm
Lady Ming might have thought differently than the empress but said nothing of those thoughts. To do so would be out of line and insulting even, depending on the red lioness's mood. Instead she smiled slightly briefly recalling her own pregnancy and birth of her four children. She had been young, barely a young adult when she had given birth and though Ting Lan was older than she had been she hadn't imagined the pregnancy nor birthing had been very easy.

"I am the last of the former leaders to resign, though I believe that there are more years ahead of me I must admit that it is time for the younger generation to take over," she told her empress. "Young Sida is a little...uncertain of her own abilities but she has taken to learning about the South like absorbent moss. She soaks up the information without problem." The green striped lioness thought highly of her heiress, she could see the potential that the dark brown lioness radiated.

There was so much potential.

"But I believe, no I know, that once she takes my place her confidence will go and her abilities will shine through."

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm
She nodded politely once the older lioness spoke. She did enjoy the idea of a younger generation taking over, as Ting Lan appreciated the power of such a thing. Though she briefly wondered, now that she had a successor in place, how she would feel when he time to do the same came. The Empress felt she might not pass the throne as readily. It wasn't really the power attached to it, or at least not only that. Ruling Tianxia was a big part of what she was now, to the point where she barely thought of much else, or things that didn't relate to the bigger picture somehow. An irrational part of her might even think things would go awry as soon as she was no longer Empress of Tianxia.

"I will trust your judgement on Sida." She nodded, though had to admit it was a very interesting decision of Lady Ming's. As much as this young lioness seemed a competent young lady, she hoped it wouldn't become a trend that heirs would keep on coming from the outside. Tianxia was a complex pride, and she'd rather the heir have grown up immersed in this culture.

"If you believe she will be a good Lady, so will I." She dipped her head slightly, then briefly turned her head to glance down at the cubs, before back at Ming. "And how soon do you plan on going through with this?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:40 pm
If Lady Ming could read thoughts she would find that she shared similar ideals and thoughts at the empress. Being the Lady of the South had become the core of who the lioness was. Tianxia had become and integral part of who she was, it had been her refuge when unfortunate circumstances had overtaken her. It had been the defining factor in her life that had changed her and helped her grow, while she had always been destined for some sort of leadership it was within the grounds of Tianxia that she truly blossomed.

"I know she was an odd choice for an heir, especially having grown up outside of our lands," she began knowing many frowned upon her decision even if they had not voiced it. "But none of my own were suited, nor willing to take my place," she lamented. She had such high hopes for her son but he had always been a soul consumed with wanderlust. She didn't continue further, she didn't want to admit that part of the problem was that she had never taken a mate which meant it was unlikely that she would ever have another litter.

"Within the next moon cycle, likely just after her marriage ceremony," she told the empress.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games