Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Missing, presumed dead (Msrah, Zehoret)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm
User ImageMsrah was fidgeting. He had tried to hide his emotions when working with the cubs today, but it was evident that the more perceptive cubs could sense that something was up and they acted accordingly. He was sweaty and exhausted, but that didn't do a thing to calm him down. He hadn't seen Tay in a while, and had just figured that they were both busy. When he finally got around to ask her family about her whereabouts he was devastated to learn that she had walked into the desert some time ago and just not returned. The desert could be unforgiving, so at this point there wasn't much hope.

Going out to look for her would accomplish nothing, so he had nothing to do with all this nervous energy. This was something he'd normally seek out Tay for, since she was so good at making others feel better. Today it wasn't really an option, so he just paced and fidgeted.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 pm
Annchen

Msrah had been behaving oddly when the cubs weren't looking. Zehoret noted that immediately, moving to seek out her male companion nervously, ears low. She moved carefully, jewelry clinking softly as she moved, and the lioness frowned when she found him, creeping over.

"Msrah?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 am
It was hard to sneak with jewelry on, but on the other paw almost everyone wore some kind of adornments so Msrah was used to the sound it made. He didn't really think about it until Zehoret spoke. She looked really good in her new jewelry and he smiled weakly at her.

"Hello Zehoret," he said, wondering if he should bother his friend with this. But she would hear about it sooner or later. Rumours spread among the nannies. He decided to tell her about it. Her expression told him that she suspected something was up, and he didn't want to worry her by acting all mysterious.

"It's... It's Tay," he said, "No one knows where she is."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:51 am
Annchen

Zehoret's ears drooped when Msrah spoke, the female moving over sadly, rubbing against him and curcling her tail a bit, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry..." She frowned. "I...I hadn't heard. Are you alright?"

She'd never lost a friend-- she wasn't close to family- but he seemed so scared....  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 am
"I guess," he said with a weak smile, "I'm just worried that something might have happened to her. The desert... The last anyone knows is that she went out there alone."

The desert was an unforgiving mistress; everyone in the pride knew that. There was several good reasons for keeping the younger members of the pride inside the temple, and even adults could get in trouble if they weren't careful. He was sure that something horrible must have happened, but he didn't want to say that. Putting words on it would make it more real, and he wasn't ready to give up all hope yet.

"Some of my other friends and siblings have talked about leaving the pride," he said, "To find adventure, or something new. But I don't think Tay would do that without telling anyone."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 am
Annchen

Zehoret was mortified-- How could anyone leave? -- and nuzzled close, one leg curling in a sort of hug.

"I'm so sorry..."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm
Msrah leaned into the hug. He hadn't dealt much with loss or change yet, and this was a hard blow for the young lion.

"Most seem to think she'd dead," he said after a long silence, "The desert... It's..."

It could be a killer.

NovaCracker
Sorry about the delay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm
Annchen

Life happens, no worries! <3

Zehoret snuggled into the male softly, nosing him a bit, simply.... Trying to comfort him.

"I'm sure she's alive. I heard stories of other desert dwelling lions and she's smart. Maybe she found water." The female tried a smile, nuzzling again. "I'm sure everyone is wrong, and she's alive."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am
Msrah wanted to think that his friend was alive, but if she was alive she had left them. Both options really hurt. She's just lost, he decided, she's lost and she's trying to get back. That has to be it.

"I'll miss her," he finally said, "We grew up together, and we've done so many things together."

He sighed and leaned on Zehoret for comfort. She hadn't said much, but it did help not to be alone.

"When I was little I was so sure I'd marry her," he said with a wry grin, "And I don't think she's ever looked at me with anything but friendship in mind. But I guess that's not as bad as the cubs that want to marry their mother, or their nanny."

He chuckled.

"Have you got any marriage proposals from the little tykes yet?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 am
Annchen

"Not really." Zehoret looked shy. "I play with them though. If there's interest, it's in the back of their minds." She smiled shyly. She didn't think she'd marry-- who would love a weak huntress? Still....

She hoped....

"I bet one day you'll marry a beautiful lioness who can hunt and steal your heart." She smiled warmly.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 am
"It's only a matter of time," he said, "You're a pretty lioness and I'm sure the little boys are secretly swooning over you."

Msrah chuckled again.

"A hunter, huh?" he said, "Like my mother and father... Only in reverse. You must have met my mother at some point. She's the Nanny called Tibu and she's dark brown with tan hair. I've been told I take after my grandmother more."

Msrah didn't have any preferences about what his future wife should work with. Hunters and huntresses were the backbone of the pride, and their job was important. They were hardly top ranking, however. Msrah didn't associate hunting with success like Zehoret did.

NovaCracker

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff