Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What's your Favorite Activity / Event at a Convention Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 am
For me going to an Anime / Cosplay con is like stepping into another world. You can feel the excitement buzzing around you. I look forward to seeing what new cosplay outfits that people will come up with and admire their creativity. I often ask, how did you do that. In this guild Xinitia is working on redoing or enhancing our cosplay outfit making tutorials. I'm glad that she is here to help us. I've always wondered how outfits are made and now I don't have to look any farther than this Guild. smile

I Love the detail that I see in the outfits and I do understand that their are different skill levels out their. Just the fact that someone is willing to do what they can to make an outfit of their favorite character or characters helps to make the magic that I see at cons. When you go to your next con pause and look around. Don't be surprised by what you see and hear. Even when I'm stuck in a line at a con I use that time to continue to check out the different outfits that other people have come up with.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 pm
smithers456
For me going to an Anime / Cosplay con is like stepping into another world. You can feel the excitement buzzing around you. I look forward to seeing what new cosplay outfits that people will come up with and admire their creativity. I often ask, how did you do that. In this guild Xinitia is working on redoing or enhancing our cosplay outfit making tutorials. I'm glad that she is here to help us. I've always wondered how outfits are made and now I don't have to look any farther than this Guild. smile

I Love the detail that I see in the outfits and I do understand that their are different skill levels out their. Just the fact that someone is willing to do what they can to make an outfit of their favorite character or characters helps to make the magic that I see at cons. When you go to your next con pause and look around. Don't be surprised by what you see and hear. Even when I'm stuck in a line at a con I use that time to continue to check out the different outfits that other people have come up with.

I love talking with other cosplayers to see how they make their cosplays. There are so many techniques out there, and it's great seeing different twists on the same character!!!! It's amazing how many creative people there are. I love it!  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 pm
xinitia
smithers456

I love talking with other cosplayers to see how they make their cosplays. There are so many techniques out there, and it's great seeing different twists on the same character!!!! It's amazing how many creative people there are. I love it!

I feel that some of the cosplayers that make their outfits are so good that they should be in the Movie Industry. One Cosplayer that I know now works for Nickelodeon which I think is wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:23 pm
smithers456
xinitia
smithers456

I feel that some of the cosplayers that make their outfits are so good that they should be in the Movie Industry. One Cosplayer that I know now works for Nickelodeon which I think is wonderful.

I've heard of several cosplayers that got jobs in the movie industry. I've also seen cosplays scouted by game and magazine industries as models. A job as a professional cosplayer... I'm not sure if that's something I'd enjoy or not.  

xinitia

Crew

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:34 pm
Photoshoots and Dealer/Artist Alley are probably my favorites.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:11 am
These days I pretty much only attend cosplay related things. Panels, shoots, masquerade, etc. If it's cosplay, I'm interested. If it's not cosplay, I'm prob. seeing how I could apply it to cosplay. Oh, and the artist alley and dealer's room. One day, I'm going to get the courage to take pics of vendors' wares so I can make/buy my own. I just try to remember that I want the things.  

slapthefatcat2

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:46 am
slapthefatcat2
These days I pretty much only attend cosplay related things. Panels, shoots, masquerade, etc. If it's cosplay, I'm interested. If it's not cosplay, I'm prob. seeing how I could apply it to cosplay. Oh, and the artist alley and dealer's room. One day, I'm going to get the courage to take pics of vendors' wares so I can make/buy my own. I just try to remember that I want the things.

Some venders don't want to have their wares in pictures. Ask for a card instead and then review later.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:32 pm
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2

Some venders don't want to have their wares in pictures. Ask for a card instead and then review later.
I meant that I usually go to buy the same wares that are in Dealer's Room cheaper online, elsewhere. And yes, I am very aware of that.  

slapthefatcat2

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:23 pm
slapthefatcat2
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2

I meant that I usually go to buy the same wares that are in Dealer's Room cheaper online, elsewhere. And yes, I am very aware of that.

Sorry if I seemed a little harsh. I hope I didn't offend you.

I also was talking more about Artist Alley too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:46 pm
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2

Nah. I knew what you meant/intended. That's why I clarified myself, to ensure you understood what I meant.  

slapthefatcat2

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:25 pm
slapthefatcat2
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2
angelmage99
slapthefatcat2

Nah. I knew what you meant/intended. That's why I clarified myself, to ensure you understood what I meant.

I'm glad that I didn't start off on the wrong foot. That's the worst.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff