Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[Lair Task] Famine Does Famine (Fai, Sal, Mmur, Kiwi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 pm
OOC
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Task of Famine: ] The Blight
This task requires a group of AT LEAST three initiated members (students or Horsemen), to a max of five members. They may go anywhere in the Human World using the portal catacombs in the Lair. These catacombs lead to small human world towns only. All players must follow these steps to successfully create a blight and then harvest the Fear from the starvation, death and paranoia that results in it.

gaia_crown [ Step 1: ]

- You must first create a parasite, something from the Human world that you will infect with Fear so that it mutates to do as intended: destroying crops. Make sure your parasite is not too powerful: some clan members fail entirely at this stage because they lack subtlety. It is not about instantly destroying a victim but gathering as much Fear from them before they die. Setting is key.
- Have one team member/ the leading member/ first person who posts, choose a parasite for your team (ie: rats, crows, locusts are fairly common, or you can try some more exotic options like crocodiles, etc etc, but also remember HUMAN WORLD LOCATION is key for what kinds of parasites). Now all team members will roll ONCE as directed below, imbuing the creature with a little bit of their Fear/ redirecting their Fear to the creature
- Rp out all results as usual

Roll a 6-sided dice: Famine members can roll 1d4 (4-sided dice) instead. This determines your Fear imbued amount that you give to the chosen parasite. After ALL team members have rolled, add up all the dice roll amounts, add the modifiers below, and THEN match to results:
- If you have 3 members you have a +6 modifier
- If you have 4 members you have a +3 modifier
- If you have 5 members you have a +0 modifier

Results (after adding EVERYONE's dice rolls and adding the modifier):

0 - 5: You have a LEVEL 4 creature. It practically wipes the board
6 - 10: You have a LEVEL 3 creature. It is rather powerful, and destroys crops rather easily
11 - 15: You have a LEVEL 2 creature. It is decent, and will do its job, with a moderate amount of Fear concentration.
16+: Your creature has EXPLODED FROM TOO MUCH FEAR. :T You end up with a backup Famine locust that the clan has given you for emergency use in case you fail. It kind of sucks and you feel miserable and sad and disappoint.

gaia_crown [ Step 2: ]

Now it is time to release your creature out into the crops! It is working! The crops are turning a sickly, mottled colour. However, the humans are freaking out and trying to destroy your creature! This is where you must intervene.

Roll 2d6-sided dice: Famine clan members can get a natural +2 attack modifier to their creature/parasite. You need to roll three times.
- The FIRST dice roll determines the attack of your creature, the SECOND 2d6 the attack of the human. You need to help by making your creature strong too!
- If your creature is level one, you get no attack modifier
- If your creature is level two, you get a +1 attack modifier
- If your creature is level three, you get a +2 attack modifier
- If your creature is level four, you get a +3 attack modifier
- IF your creature's final attack including modifier is WEAKER than the human's rolled attack power, your PARASITE/creature DIES.
- Label at the bottom of your post in OOC quotes SUCCESS if your creature defeated the human or FAILURE if they were killed instead. Now it is time to tally results for the ENTIRE TEAM.
- Add a + 2 modifier for each team member on your team (so instead of 0-3, it would be 2- 5)

LESS THAN 2 creature deaths: It's okay you're doing fine! You manage to gain +3 Fear Points for EVERYBODY on your team!
3- 5 creature deaths: Well, you've seen better, your blight will continue to grow thankfully. You manage to gain +2 Fear points for everybody on your team!
6- 8 creature deaths: You've seen better days but it could be worse. You might spread a tiny amount of Fear. +1 Fear points
9+ creature deaths: All your creatures die, or are soon finished off. Weak. You get no Fear points :T

Enoh Love
Smerdle
xoxomenai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:12 pm
Fai stopped at the usual spot, leaning against Sal's rock and watching people walk past until he saw the two other that he wanted. He moved his foot, his anklet jangling as an invitation to the others to come over and speak--and probably more. Sal, of course, lounging on top of his favorite rock, was out of luck as far as this went--he HAD to come.

But seeing as crops were Famine's thing, he only thought it fitting to bring a group of famine members along. And it would be nice to be in the human world for a bit, doing what they did best, right?  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:03 pm
Kiwi had taken some time in the day to stop by the Lair and wander about. He was curious what the others were up to, and how they were faring with the new task of rebuilding the Clan's power.

A familiar jingling noise caught the horseman's ears. He turned about, to find Faiyum leaning against a nearby rock, which another Famine clansmen sat atop. Had he seen this boil before?? ... Kiwi couldn't recall. Nonetheless his eyes lit with delight. It had been quite awhile since he had seen Fai. Since the Amityville Prom at least, he realized in mild shock. Kiwi lept from the ground to land deftly on the rock above and beside his Famine clansmen.

"If it isn't dear Faiyum!" he grinned warmly, giving a light bow of his head to first the alchemist and then the stranger. "I am Kiwi, a pleasure to meet you. ... Up for some adventuring today, are we??"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:38 pm
Sal was, in fact, lounging on HIS rock. The fact that Faiyum was there meant nothing to him; the Alchemist was almost always there. So much so, in fact, that the Sage was somewhat convinced that his so called dear friend was trying to take said rock from him. So today, like every other day, he was there to thwart him by laying there, draped and 'sun'bathing like any good lizard would.

He did, however, have a pale chin supported in an equally pale but greatly thinner hand, his eyes lidded as he watched the pair below him interact. Ah yes, this one was familiar; the Sage prided himself on remembering everyone he had seen, even in passing; members of his own clan especially. This one though, he had never met face to face. To this somewhat-stranger he gave a most winning smile, extending the hand that had been propping up his chin. It took a bit of a reach, as the rock was almost as tall as the Sage himself - but he managed. His limbs were, quite luckily, long.

"Salbei. The pleasure is all mine, Kiwi." To the comment of adventuring he gave nothing more than a low chuckle and a rather decided shake of his head. "No, in fact I would greatly prefer if we didn't." There was an equally dramatic sigh as the Sage moved, robes ruffling and trinkets clinking, to sit on the tall, awkward stone instead of flopped on it like a ragdoll. "However Faiyum is an incredible bully and it seems I have no choice." He gave a heavy shrug and another sigh, this time with a look of pure amusement despite how hard he tried to look as though he'd been wronged.

"Though I am sure you are more pleasant company than my traitorous friend here~" This time he was clearly teasing, and may have accidentally hit the Alchemist in question with his bony foot as he once more adjusted his position on the rock.

Enoh Love
Crew

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm
Mmur hadn't had anything in particular in mind that needed doing today, so when he heard the jangle of Faiyum's anklet he practically jumped at the chance to wander over and see what his fellow clansmen were up to. Kiwi received a friendly nod and wave, and he was about to greet Fai when he saw The Sage.

Salbei.

It was like a dying chorus of fallen angels burst from their moldy underground crypts to serenade the horseman, at least in Mmur's mind. Salbei, the kindly sage who had let Mmur run errands for him and guard him and be a proper soldier. It was almost like old times.

"Hello... Faiyum?" He recognized the alchemist from that strange search for space watches they had embarked on a couple of days ago, and now he knew why the other had seemed familiar. Surely he had seen him around before the refugees-in-Halloween thing if he was Sal's friend. "It is wonderful to see you again. And Kiwi and Salbei! Are we adventuring?" He'd heard that much at least.

Mmur folded his arms across his skinny chest and bounced on the balls of his feet. He might have been a bit excited at the prospect.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Rather than deigning to answer to Sal's comments, Precious merely started gnawing on one bony foot for a moment, which Fai didn't seem to notice as he was looking at the other two Famine boils. ((EEE, it's a boilband!!))

"I thought, perhaps, seeing as we are all famine, we might venture into the human world and stir up a bit of trouble," Fai said as Precious went nomnomnom on Sal's foot for a second. He reached up, pulling the small head away from his friend. "Really, precious, are you trying to give him an excuse to make one of us carry him?" he scolded his hair.

"But would you two be interested in a quick jaunt to... oh, let's say... Kansas?" He did so love Kansas. So flat, so vital to humanity's livlihood. "Well, if we can arrange it. If not, I'm sure we'll find somewhere!"  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 pm
Salbei, a sage?? ... The colony soldier had rarely met members of the inner circle, despite having been stationed near them several times in the past. His eyes widened slightly, and he dipped his head a second time, bangles jangling repsectfully. He smiled a bit as he watched the elder clansman rearrange himself atop his rock throne. Salbei held the delicate air any of the upper crust would, not that it was a bad thing.

Again, the sound of rattling jewelry turned Kiwi's head. Ah, so Mmur was joining them too?? Kiwi grinned eagerly, giving his Famine clansman an answering wave of his hand. "Great of you to join us, Mmur."

Kiwi hadn't recalled seeing Fai's hair so lively before. Maybe he had treated it with a new potion recently?? ... Nonetheless, the mention of Kansas perked his interest. Humans were so easily disposed of in the flatland of Kansas. Not to mention there were prime fields of crops, just waiting to wither and die at the horsemen's han-err FEAR, technically. He smiled. "I'm up for that."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:32 am
The plant gnawing on his toes got no more attention than a vague promise to de-weed Fai's head one day. He may or may not have had something smart to say on the subject of being carried, but he kept quiet for now, merely grinning a rather wicked sort of grin. At the sound of another approaching the Sage looked up, and almost instantly lit up at the sight of Mmur. Ah, Mmur, his precious little errand boil! What a sight for sore eyes!

"My friend~" Sal nearly keened out with all the affection he possessed and came down from his rock. He took a moment to straighten out his various robes and scarves, and finally advanced on Mmur with open arms to envelope his favourite Soldier into a very fabric-y hug.

"It has been a while! Ah, I am sorry I have not been by to check on you!" Only after his apologies were given did he step back, freeing Mmur from being just as buried in robes as the Sage himself was. "I believe we are! I would prefer to stay here, but you know how much Faiyum likes to make my life difficult~" Another OH POOR ME sigh, teasingly placing himself in the light of the victim, and he moved targets.

"Kiwi." He mused thoughtfully, pondering the word. "I appreciate both the fruit and the bird, however I imagine neither brings any sort of justice to your abilities, but it is a fascinating way of making one underestimate you." It was a compliment, really; or at least he meant it to be. He certainly wasn't going to underestimate this one, though his name didn't instil any thoughts other than adorably fluffy birds and furry fruit. The very touchy Sage tried to take up both Kiwi's hands in his own, and if he were successful he didn't hesitate in closing very long, boney fingers to affectionately trap them there. "I look forward to seeing what you can really do~"

Then he saw fit to turn to Faiyum, releasing Kiwi's hands easily enough. "I'm interested~" He informed Fai, though he wasn't technically asked; rude and assuming friend was rude and assuming! "Lead the way, oh Fearless Leader." All the while he was smiling, his eyes closed and quite happy looking.

n____n

Enoh Love
Crew

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm
Kansas? Hmm. Mmur hadn't visited that particular part of the human world all that much, but he didn't have a great deal of time to ponder the location's FEAR-gathering possibilities before he was enveloped in a great, squooshy heap of Salbei. He wrapped his arms around the sage, giving the other horseman—or at least his clothing—a brief squeeze before taking a step away and folding his arms behind his back.

"That is more than fine," he replied with a wide smile. "I could have made sure you were all right as well." Mmur didn't mention that he was still slightly afraid to look for old acquaintances in Famine's den, for fear that he would not find them at all.

"Yes, let's get started," he agreed with a nod, looking to Fai for their first set of instructions. It was soldier time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm
Fai grinned, looking forward to this very much, and headed for the statue to take them all to the human world. When they stepped out, they found themselves in front of a field of--

"Ah, soybeans," he said, crouching down next to the green, leafy plants. "Yes, this will do nicely. What sort of parasite do you think we should use? Mites? Mice? Rats?" he asked the others, looking around for something nice and subtle.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 pm
Kiwi stood a bit taller as Salbei turned to him. The faintest hints of a smile lit sheepishly in the young horseman's eyes as he took in the sage's words. Kiwi had never been spoken to so kindly before, especially from a superior. He wasn't quite certain what to think. Furthermore, a cold chill pricked along the back of Kiwi's neck as Salbei's fingers curled around his own. He had the odd feeling - without anything being said - that the elder figure was sizing him up in this moment, gauging just how far his FEAR might grow in the future. It knotted a silent coil in his stomach. The colony soldier lifted his chin a bit, standing firm before the wise sage. "I will do my best, you have my guarantee on that."

When they arrived through the portal into the human world, Kiwi took a moment to gaze out over the Kansas flatland, a finger absently brushing his lower lip as he pondered Fai's words. "We could always use locusts. They are simple, and work efficiently enough. Though if you're up for a challenge, crows or rats would be an interesting choice."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:54 am
The answer Kiwi gave him was more than adequate, though in truth the Sage wasn't looking for an answer, it was just something he wanted to say. Still, the young Soldier went quite easily into his good books, though still quite behind Mmur as his favourite. Years of service tended to give him a bias.

They stepped though the portal, and the pale Horseman looked about, eyes lidded as though sleepy; Sal was, by nature, a rather lazy creature. He did only what he had to unless he enjoyed it, and the planning part of plagues certainly counted as planning. He had way more fun mixing things together and seeing what came out of it...not that working that way was a good thing. In fact, doing that was what gave him his bloody cough! Apparently, this old pony never learned.

"These ideas are all fantastic." He offered graciously; the classics were classic for a reason, after all! "I would also suggest considering a Parasitoid wasp. Their larval stage, if I recall, are quite parasitic and certainly favour soybeans." His head tilted as he pondered, eyes on the bright Human sky as he recalled some devastating attacks on Human Crops in his youth, one of which used these tiny 'wasps'.

"But I do like the crow idea." Sal grinned, nodding in Kiwi's direction; Crows ate crops, but also Humans. Both were good.

Smerdle

xoxomenai

Ice Queen

Enoh Love
Crew

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Mmur's delight didn't fade as he took up the rear, trailing behind the other three Famine horsemen when they entered the human world. He peered at the crops Fai seemed pleased with, nodding when he finally recognized them. Something small would be an excellent, if stealthy, choice, but the soldier wasn't sure he was in the mood for stealth. All too often, humans seemed to need an awful lot of big flashy signs pointing directly at their problems before they reacted in the ways he tended to prefer, with the screaming and crying and related mayhem. If the majority of his brethren were interested in subtlety this time around, he would bow to their wisdom, but he was in the mood for some crows. They had such a lovely caw caw to them. And those beaks!

"Crows," he said a bit too quickly. "The larvae would be lovely too." He grinned, folding his hands in front of him to keep from excitedly picking the feathers hanging at his bicep.  
Ice Queen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:24 pm
"Then crows it will be," Fai said, stalking away silently, heading to where there were a few crows sitting in a tree. He climbed the tree almost silently, his hand shooting out and grabbing one of the crows before they even noticed him. He dropped down from the tree and headed back for the others, holding it up for them to inspect.

"A fertile female, healthy," Fai said, looking it over. "Shall we, then?" he asked, bringing up a touch of FEAR and using it on the bird.

HP: 4

Smerdle

xoxomenai

Enoh Love

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

xoxomenai rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 pm
Crows were indeed an interesting choice. Kiwi smiled as he stroked the bird down its back, letting a decent trickle of FEAR seep in along it's feathers. There, that should do nicely.

HP: +4

Enoh Love

smerdle

Ice Queen

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out